Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

12% chance/starting 0-2 [Merge]

bap1331

After going 0-2 we have a 12% chance to make playoffs but hey stay optimistic.(so your sayin theres a chance;)

This is a little like the folks who said we couldn't lose to Philly because Andrew Luck just doesn't lose two games in a row. Well, he does now and if we don't play much better, Jacksonville will not be a gimme. They may be ready to start their new QB against a team they know will not put any pressure on him.

This is a little like the folks who said we couldn't lose to Philly because Andrew Luck just doesn't lose two games in a row. Well, he does now and if we don't play much better, Jacksonville will not be a gimme. They may be ready to start their new QB against a team they know will not put any pressure on him.

Ummmmmmmm. No, not really the same thing.

Maybe we're overreacting a little to being 0-2, maybe, but with that being said, Houston is 2-0 and play the Giants, the Bills, and the Cowboys before we face them. Truthfully I don't think we can afford any divisional losses this year, especially from Houston, one loss from them and it could mean the playoffs

There are 7  0 - 2 teams.  In the pastcouple decades, only good 0-2 teams make the playoffs and it is a low percentage.  Of these 7 this year, the past predicts only one team will overcome and get in.  Here they are-

NY Giants --  I don't think they're good enough to tun it around

Jax Jags - Getting better, but with holes still. Not getting in

Oakland Raiders - Derek Carr isn't skilled or experienced enough

Tampa Bay Bucs - Lovie doesn't have the planets aligned yet.  They'll miss.

So we have-

KC Chiefs -

NO Saints

Indy Colts

One of those 3 will make the turnaround and make the playoffs.  It is possible, but it's a statistical anomaly for 2 zer0 and 2 teams to get in. But almost certainly not 3.  I think our Colts do get it buttoned up and we make it in by barely beating Texans for the AFC South title.  If two get in, I think Saints.  Chiefs outside looking in this year.

What does everyone else think?

There are 7  0 - 2 teams.  In the past few decades only good 0-2 teams make the playoffs.  Of those 7, the past predicts only one team will overcome and get in.  Here thay are-

NY Giants --  I don't think they're good enough to tun it aorund

Jax Jags - Getting better, but with holes still. Not getting in

Oakland Raiders - Derek Carr isn't skilled or experienced enough

Tampa Bay Bucs - Lovie doesn't have the planets aligned yet.  They'll miss.

So we have-

KC Chiefs -

NO Saints

Indy Colts

One of those 3 will make the turnaround and make the playoffs.  It is possible, but it's a statistical anomaly for 2 zer0 and 2 teams to get in. But almost certainly not 3.  I think our Colts do get it buttoned up and we make it in by barely beating Texans for the AFC South title.  If two get in, I think Saints.  Chiefs outside looking in this year.

What does everyone else think?

I thought NO had a chance to go to the Super Bowl but they are now two games behind Carolina and I don't see them making that up against a very good defensive team in the Panthers. I don't think KC  has any chance so if your logic holds true then the Colts are the team. But, if they lose in Jacksonville and it could happen, all is out the window. I think the Texans win again this week against the Giants but that is no lock either.

I honestly wouldnt be shocked at another 11-5 season when I really looked at the schedule. I hope Im wrong, I wontvthe coaching staff gone. No chance of that happening going 11-5. We're officially the Bengals under Matvin Lewis

Right, let me see if I get this.....you don't want us to have a winning season, you want us to have a losing season, so we can then have a winning season.

Genius right there folks.

Oh, by the way, by getting new coaching staff always means wins galore, yes?. Like our current coaching staff....?

In my eyes the Colts are 100% chance.

12% is ridiculous in my observation!! Nuff said by the big dog. :)

12% percent of teams have done so, which is to say retrospective vs predictive. Pretty big selection bias in that measure, meaning many terrible teams start 0-2 and only a few good ones do so.

Right, let me see if I get this.....you don't want us to have a winning season, you want us to have a losing season, so we can then have a winning season.

Genius right there folks.

Oh, by the way, by getting new coaching staff always means wins galore, yes?. Like our current coaching staff....?

Luck is the one player that could bring Gruden out of retirement

I think a wild card is still a very real possibility even if the Texans win the division.

San Diego will probably get the 1st wild card but no one in the North or the East impresses me very much as far as taking the second.

The AFC North games will be important games moving forward...

If the Colts can eek out 3-1 against the AFC North, & at least go 4-2 or better in division maybe...

Luck is the one player that could bring Gruden out of retirement

I don't think so. I don't think Gruden would have any interest in coaching in Indianapolis. Now, if he had a chance to coach Seattle or San Francisco, that would be different. So, I think he would come out of retirement for either of those QBs but not for Luck in Indy. I think the owner would be a big part of that decision.

I am giving the forum my statistics.....100% guarantee we make the playoffs.

Yes! People get too bogged down in the stats like this is baseball or something. The Colts have the talent to win 10 or 11 of the remaining games on the schedule. That's what matters.