Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

corgi

Delano Howell Injured

69 posts in this topic

Howell's issue is a toe?  Ouch, turf toe is the injury that keeps on giving.

If Landry's injury was a high ankle sprain, that's normally a 4 weeker.  This is week 3, correct?

As I said in another thread on this guy, while I think he's pretty good, I also think some of his success filling in for Landry is because the other players around him in the secondary are so good (Bethea, Davis, Toler, Butler specifically).  So even if, say, Lefeged was the guy, I think we'd be OK because I think the overall quality of the secondary can help hide his deficiencies.

Ife Lefeged gets the nod I can live with it. But it is only Wednesday, I would say Howell will be out there Sunday

As I said in another thread on this guy, while I think he's pretty good, I also think some of his success filling in for Landry is because the other players around him in the secondary are so good (Bethea, Davis, Toler, Butler specifically).  So even if, say, Lefeged was the guy, I think we'd be OK because I think the overall quality of the secondary can help hide his deficiencies.

Bethea, Butler, Davis could not hide Zbikowskis inept play last year, if ya got a bad Safety or bad Corner out there a good QB will pick on him all day long, Think Cassius Vaughn vs Calvin Johnson, That was painful to watch

1 person likes this

Seriously. Somebody figure out who * off Cthulu and cursed Indy with this injury bug. It's always been bad but this year is just mind blowing.

Is Seattle riddled with injuries on an epic magnitude?

no, the Colts are completely riddled but the broncos and other teams have had their share (even the pats)

no, the Colts are completely riddled but the broncos and other teams have had their share (even the pats)

No? Three starters are out on Seattle's offensive line and they might not have Michael Bennett back either.  Not to mention Harvin.

not this year but next 

My hope....   almost my expectation....  is that we re-sign him in the off-season and he makes the team in 2014....

That makes sense to me....    I hope it does to the Colts too....

1 person likes this

:panic:

We're gonna get destroyed on Sunday!!!!!!! :Gaah:

:Nuke:

Nice of you to be so positive.  :rawr:  :shifty:

Bethea, Butler, Davis could not hide Zbikowskis inept play last year, if ya got a bad Safety or bad Corner out there a good QB will pick on him all day long, Think Cassius Vaughn vs Calvin Johnson, That was painful to watch

Cassius Vaughn on ANYBODY last year was painful....but you are correct....Calvin Johnson....the worst.  But then again he is Megatron!  

880565-megatron_posterbig.jpg

2 people like this

Those can end up the worst....playing after being taped up.  In high school I sprained my right ankle badly...taped it up and played...missed the next 4 games because of swelling and hematoma.  Darned I wish I had a boot....

boots2.jpg

I thought I was going to get a boot after my surgery to put fake Achilles' tendon in my leg between 3rd and 4th grade since I was told I would have a walking cast... I woke up in a full leg cast with a cloth shoe to wear.

I thought I was going to get a boot after my surgery to put fake Achilles' tendon in my leg between 3rd and 4th grade since I was told I would have a walking cast... I woke up in a full leg cast with a cloth shoe to wear.

UURGH!  When I was little....all they had were casts... :)  I know I have broken bones, but never had a cast...itchy things!!!

I wouldnt read too much into it...yet. I forget who it was but a colts player was in a boot last week. We all flipped out, but he was fine.

So what exactly is up with Laron  Landry's ankle problem. I havnt herd anything on it.

The only thing I've heard was 2-3 weeks.  So he'll probably miss thiss week and be back next week.  If he's 90% and Howell can't play, maybe they bring him back sooner.  While I don't want to lose this game, I'd prefer they not put Landry in unless he was 100%...we're paying him too much to force him back before he's ready and then have something worse happen on the field.

You can't even tell the Broncos have had injuries haha.

1 person likes this

@KBowenColts: Delano Howell at practice with helmet and pads on ready to go this afternoon.

2 people like this

@KBowenColts: Delano Howell at practice with helmet and pads on ready to go this afternoon.

Good, good..... let's see how this does

Good news!!!!

i hope thats just rest and that foot injury dont keep him out cause i dont want to see Vaughn get the start.

Howell back, but now Vontae was DNP :(

Resting day for Vontae. Hugh Thornton and quite a few others didn't practice today either

i hope thats just rest and that foot injury dont keep him out cause i dont want to see Vaughn get the start.

Vaughn wouldn't start. He'd be the nickel CB. Greg Toler & Darius Butler would be the 1 & 2 if Vontae was a no go

No? Three starters are out on Seattle's offensive line and they might not have Michael Bennett back either.  Not to mention Harvin.

I thought their OL was supposed be back for this game

I thought their OL was supposed be back for this game

Okung is out for sure I think. The other two might be back.

1 person likes this

Idk if it's been stated but Howell was full go today per the injury report at the bottom of the Richardson article that came out today on the main site.

Okung is out for sure I think. The other two might be back.

Another thing is "back" doesn't mean 100%. Look at AC as an example. He was back, but didn't get fully healthy and contributing till week 3.

Resting day for Vontae. Hugh Thornton and quite a few others didn't practice today either

Also if they  cant go who replaces them.