Photo

Reed's post game comments to Wayne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 Slick_Rick

Slick_Rick
  • 982 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

I was watching NFLN and the were talking about a post game interaction between Ed Reed and Reggie. According to them Reed said, "Luck was effective all day at looking me off. He's going to be a great one." Wow. That's a compliment from one of the best safeties to ever play this game. Yes we lost, but that's a great note to go forward on.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13677 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Yes it is.  Not shocking since Wayne and Reed used to be old college roommates as well as teammates (Reed once killed Wayne's pet snake by mistake).  They are good friends.  It's funny as much as the city of Baltimore might not like Indianapolis over the whole Colts thing there are a lot of close ties between the coaches and players rather it be Caldwell or Pagano, Redding and Zibs, or Wayne and Reed, or John Harbaugh's brother being a former QB for the Colts and his brother in law leading the IU basketball team there are just a lot relationships there. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#3 BPM_Colt

BPM_Colt
  • 1109 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Great comment from one of the best. I believe Luck will be unbelieveable(as long as we get a couple OL to keep him alive)

#4 Colts20593

Colts20593
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Love Ed Reed, nice comment

#5 ALuck>RG3

ALuck>RG3
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Yes it is. Not shocking since Wayne and Reed used to be old college roommates as well as teammates (Reed once killed Wayne's pet snake by mistake). They are good friends. It's funny as much as the city of Baltimore might not like Indianapolis over the whole Colts thing there are a lot of close ties between the coaches and players rather it be Caldwell or Pagano, Redding and Zibs, or Wayne and Reed, or John Harbaugh's brother being a former QB for the Colts and his brother in law leading the IU basketball team there are just a lot relationships there.
lololololol just read the story on the snake and thats hilarious.

#6 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3567 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

That's cool. I was thinking maybe Luck just wasn't throwing in his direction much today, I didn't hear much of him all day.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#7 JlynRN

JlynRN
  • 2862 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

I heard that too, was surprised but glad to hear that coming from Reed.  But he's right, just give Luck a decenlt O-line, and he will work wonders !!!

#8 Jules

Jules
  • 7571 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

That's awesome.

I really do have a soft spot for a few of those Ravens dudes LOL.

#9 PatMcAfeeFan

PatMcAfeeFan
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Reed is definitely a class act. 

"Everyone just drink the kool-aid n leap n2 the blue waterfalls of faith...automatic 4the people..the smoker u drink,the player u get!"-Jim Irsay

#10 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • Forum Moderator
  • 4748 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Ha I'm surprised the snake story didn't get brought up in the coverage yesterday, surely puns aplenty to be had there :) 

#11 chad72

chad72
  • 9461 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I heard that, I was happy he came out and said that. The only one I dont care for on that Ravens' D is Bernard Pollard, everyone probably knows why. :) He is probably universal enemy No.1 for most offensive units.

#12 NM_Colts

NM_Colts
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I heard that comment late last evening as I was on my way to work and it was the one bright spot of my day. Luck's too, probably.

Proud Colts fan from New Mexico!

#13 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Luck had a very good game...he def out performed the other rookies playing yesterday...but his receivers simply weren't catching VERY well thrown balls....

#14 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17686 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

It was worth it for us to make the playoffs so our offensive rookies could play against a team with those football-smart veterans on defense..

....They may never see a team with that much experience...again....

That tape (and the experience on the road) could be invaluable in the off-season...

#15 NM_Colts

NM_Colts
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Luck had a very good game...he def out performed the other rookies playing yesterday...but his receivers simply weren't catching VERY well thrown balls....

Plus all the time he spent on his back. I'd love to see how formidable he could be with a good O-line, good running game and his throwing ability.

Proud Colts fan from New Mexico!

#16 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4815 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Heckuva comment from one of the best!

I can't wait to see what Luck is capable of with a good O-Line!

#17 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9602 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I heard that too, was surprised but glad to hear that coming from Reed.  But he's right, just give Luck a decenlt O-line, and he will work wonders !!!

Why were you surprised? Anybody with a lick of sense could see Luck played excellent

#18 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2344 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I would love to see Ed Reed retire with a ring. As long as he's been playing, Ifeel like he deserves one more than any other player in the playoffs. All this talk about how people want to see Manning get another ring, he has a ring. Rodgers has a ring, Brady has 3 rings. Ed Reed has NONE, and he's easily a first ballot hall of famer in my book. If anyone deserves a ring of the teams left, give it to this man.

okv09w.jpg

#19 Snowglobe

Snowglobe
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I think the sportscaster said that too. He said something along the lines of Luck has been looking one direction and throwing it in the other a lot. 

Peyton Manning - 12 playoff losses - most in NFL history

#20 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1219 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yea hhe did something along the lines of "Luck knows wheres he's going with the football but is scanning and then going there". Sound's like he is finally breaking that stair  reciever down habit.

#21 Bubba

Bubba
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I was watching NFLN and the were talking about a post game interaction between Ed Reed and Reggie. According to them Reed said, "Luck was effective all day at looking me off. He's going to be a great one." Wow. That's a compliment from one of the best safeties to ever play this game. Yes we lost, but that's a great note to go forward on.

Maybe we can get our participation ribbons too.

#22 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9602 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Yea hhe did something along the lines of "Luck knows wheres he's going with the football but is scanning and then going there". Sound's like he is finally breaking that stair  reciever down habit.

Just because that was repeated on this board doesn't mean it was true

#23 Slick_Rick

Slick_Rick
  • 982 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

You're right. Maybe making the playoffs was a bad thing. Especially, considering how last season and the past offseason went. I'm sorry if I came off as too grateful for having a team to support when 20 others were sitting at home.

#24 House

House
  • 6971 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Just because that was repeated on this board doesn't mean it was true

Yeah I think Luck's flaws; stares down receivers, holds on to the ball to long, can't throw the long ball, while true in many instances, were a tad overstated on these boards at times.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#25 House

House
  • 6971 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

lmao

Superbowl or bust was your expectation this year?
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#26 terpsnation

terpsnation
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

I heard that, I was happy he came out and said that. The only one I dont care for on that Ravens' D is Bernard Pollard, everyone probably knows why. :) He is probably universal enemy No.1 for most offensive units.

Can't hate a guy for hitting hard and playing the ball.

#27 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4459 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Oh yes we can.....

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#28 terpsnation

terpsnation
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Oh yes we can.....

haha.  Okay, okay - sure you can.  You can hate him for being on the opposing team, and helping to stop your team from winning (don't mean that in a snide way) - but you can't hate him for the way he plays :)

#29 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 6277 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

haha.  Okay, okay - sure you can.  You can hate him for being on the opposing team, and helping to stop your team from winning (don't mean that in a snide way) - but you can't hate him for the way he plays :)

Sure you can, if it's deserved.  I'm not saying that it is or is not deserved in Pollard's case.  Haven't paid too much attention to him.  Now Cortland Finnegan on the other hand, I can't stand him.  He's a punk and it's specifically for the way he plays that I hate him.

They say you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar, but does anyone know what the final tally was?  And why didn't they try manure?  And if they did, how would that have changed the saying?  Would it be, "you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar, but you'll catch the most if you're full of crap?"  

#30 GwinnettColt

GwinnettColt
  • 496 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Reed is a class act and a great player.  He, Wayne, and Luck should be teammates.

#31 nothing0

nothing0
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Why not? The NFL does. 

:jump:

#32 Shiri2

Shiri2
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

...we call BP (Bernard Pollard) "the Enforcer," cause he lowers da' boom on anyone who dares come into the secondary! Next up....Denver. If people think they're just gonna roll over top of us, they don't know the Ravens!

P.S.

Andrew Luck is gonna be a force to be reckoned with as time passes.  Hopefully he won't turn out to be another Peyton Manning in the works.  We (da Ravens) don't need to face two of them dudes during the season! (lol)

#33 Bubba

Bubba
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

You're right. Maybe making the playoffs was a bad thing. Especially, considering how last season and the past offseason went. I'm sorry if I came off as too grateful for having a team to support when 20 others were sitting at home.

We all have opinions here........and I will respect yours as well as anyone else who posts on any topic.

#34 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6796 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Why not? The NFL does.
:jump:

Lol so true

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Oct
    Skelly

When I look at the news all I see is sadness, sickness, and complete and utter stupidity. I think I might sign up for the first flight to Mars.

• Photo
      24 Oct
    Bogie

Retro throwback week for Halloween - Mercyful Fate and Black Sabbath. I forgot how fun melodic metal albums were.

Show comments (7)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Gabriel Alexander Morillo

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how great of a year Aaron Rodgers is having?

Show comments (6)
View All Updates