Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil J

Mewelde Moore [Merge]

35 posts in this topic

Get off my team. Tons of better options out there. Ballard makes you look even more like a fool with his relentless play.

5 people like this

I was about to post a thread about this. It was a horrible idea to let him play. I'm seriously mad at that decision. 

1 person likes this

had to get someone off of the street in one week... he was the only guy who knew the offense... he did stink it up today though

If it wasnt for moore we would  have had a td and maybe the game would have been a little more in reach at the end for another comeback.

Ballard should be our starter for the future and years to come

3 people like this

Thank God I'm not alone on this. SO mad at Moore.

I'm furious.

2 people like this

It's easy to say I knew it after the fact, but soon as I saw him in the backfield for that goalline play I hated it.

Give it to Ballard or just a bootleg for Andrew. Moore was our worst option in that spot IMO.

3 people like this

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Smonroe" data-cid="361959" data-time="1355692548"><p>

It's not too late to grab Evans off of the Titans PS.</p></blockquote>

Make the move as soon as the plane lands. In fact, don't even let him take the plane back with the team. Make him rent a car out of his own pocket.

2 people like this

What?! How so he only had a fumble goalline and what two penalties?????

That's only pretty terrible..

Yeah I do agree we shouldn't have the guy in this team.

1 person likes this

A body is a body and we needed one badly this week. He knew the offense, but seriously, the man stunk it up today!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="IndyD4U" data-cid="362003" data-time="1355693014"><p>

A body is a body and we needed one badly this week. He knew the offense, but seriously, the man stunk it up today!</p></blockquote>

Knowing the offense is worthless if you can't play the game of football well at all. I'm better than this dude.

1 person likes this

Lol...come on, if Andrew Luck threw a game changing interception in the playoffs inside the 5 yard would you ask the Colts to cut him?

1 person likes this

People are mad at Melwelde but it was Arians who put him in over Ballard at the goal line. So I blame him more. 

7 people like this

Lol...come on, if Andrew Luck threw a game changing interception in the playoffs inside the 5 yard would you ask the Colts to cut him?

Please. Moore did nothing to get us there. Only to stop us from getting there. Hardly a good comparison.

Lets get Evans back from Tenn.

1 person likes this

Fumbles happen.  Would you have cut Adrian Peterson for his many fumbles?  It happens.  You could argue that it's the O-line's fault too for not blocking very well.  It's also BA's fault for a bad play call, one could say.  I think too many people are criticizing Moore for that.

i knew moore would be the goat of this loss. come on guys there were more factors as to why we lost then just moore's fumble.

Fumbles happen. Would you have cut Adrian Peterson for his many fumbles? It happens. You could argue that it's the O-line's fault too for not blocking very well. It's also BA's fault for a bad play call, one could say. I think too many people are criticizing Moore for that.

Another bad comparison..AP would've been the reason they would be near the goal line in the first place or he would've made up for that bad play with a spectacular play..

HOW can you mention Peterson in the same breath as Moore?   LOL!

Moore was let go for a reason - he should have never been brought back!

If we score a TD there the game is much different!  

But of course it wasnt the only thing that cost us ... the horrible punt protection that gave up a TD, and the *ic unsportsman foul on Arians both cost us as well!    If none of those three things happen the Colts win by 10+ today!

I think if a helmet is put on the ball, a big jarring hit, getting hit during the handoff, these are all reasons to fumble that are at least understandable. He literally just coughed the ball up, it just fell out..

The fumble wasn't THE reason we lost, but it was a factor.

But I blame someone on the sidelines just as much as I blame Moore....You put him in after weeks on the street, against THAT Dline, in THAT situation. Thats just silly, and borderline reckless...

3 people like this

Sorry, can't help it, but did you say "Get off my team?"

Anyways, his fumble really hurt them, but the punt block hurt too. If the Colts score and avoid that block, they win the game. 

Fumbles happen but you just can't let them happen in a road division game, division title on the line, a clinched playoff spot, and with a monster named J.J. Watt lining up on the other side. You have to protect the ball with your dear life!

...Remember what happend to jerome Bettis though?! haaa  

Also during the punt return he had the block in the back i think which really messed us up.

What were we thinking with this guy. His first penalty was horrible and I wanted him to be pulled ASAP, then the fumble? are you kidding? then the horrible penalty again. I was so sick of hearing his number called ..... makes me want to throw up my eggs and saugage right now, which would be after letting go of my bacon, southwestern omlet, toast, and bagel with cream cheese, oh and my one litre of orange juice..

Why wouldn't you let Ballard just run it in for the score?? I mean seriously. Moore is not and has never been a power back. That was a very poor decision.

If carter wasn't injured he could have done it but why not just punch it in with luck

If Peyton can run in a bootleg, then Luck sure as heck can. They are scared to use his athletic ability. Why? For fear of injury. I suggest he is safer on the run....

Who knows why Moore was in at the goal line.  It was early in the 2nd quarter and we were down 10 - 0. That 7 points lost was Huge. So then we force a short punt, drive deep into the redzone again, and this crap o-line has to hold to keep from getting our QB killed. Great take off another 4 points, erase the nice TD pass/catch to Wayne. {Sigh} and kick a FG.

I noticed we are getting beat on pressure up the middle a lot.  Either Luck gets killed, or we hold.  There's no room to step up, and no place to roll out.  Here's the nice hold by Reitz-

NiceHolding_zpsfe20b90a.jpg

Who knows why Moore was in at the goal line.  It was early in the 2nd quarter and we were down 10 - 0. That 7 points lost was Huge. So then we force a short punt, drive deep into the redzone again, and this crap o-line has to hold to keep from getting our QB killed. Great take off another 4 points, erase the nice TD pass/catch to Wayne. {Sigh} and kick a FG.

I noticed we are getting beat on pressure up the middle a lot.  Either Luck gets killed, or we hold.  There's no room to step up, and no place to roll out.  Here's the nice hold by Reitz-

NiceHolding_zpsfe20b90a.jpg

is this the pass to Wayne (TD)? would luck have been killed without the hold? i missed that entire series on the tube. please advise. also, is it me or is luck holding on to the ball much too long at times and is his release a lot slower than manning, i mean A LOT slower? just asking, don't know for sure.

If Peyton can run in a bootleg, then Luck sure as heck can. They are scared to use his athletic ability. Why? For fear of injury. I suggest he is safer on the run....

Because they aren't respecting th Play Action fake.  there's no room.  Also pressure up th middle is killing our pas plays   Here's an example (besides th holding above, too!).  Luck fakes a hand off to Ballard, Ballard goes out short in pattern as the checkdown.  Luck surveys 1st read, covered. 

Checkdown_play_zpsbac39bf3.jpg

Begins to look for Ballard  to dump it off and POW!

Helmet_Sack_zps0f7cdbf6.jpg

Nice little pop in the face from the inside pass rush. )I guess the league will hand out another fine that was flagged on our QB  Luck leads the league in no calls, too). It looks like Luck had time to dump it in these pictures. At real time speed, no way.  You can't believe how fast the Texan D-line was getting around their man and on Luck.

We need to block in a way that allows an escape route, then Luck can make a play.  Not when he's trapped, though.

is this the pass to Wayne (TD)? would luck have been killed without the hold? i missed that entire series on the tube. please advise. also, is it me or is luck holding on to the ball much too long at times and is his release a lot slower than manning, i mean A LOT slower? just asking, don't know for sure.

Yes, this was the TD to Wayne that was negated. If not for the hold, Luck would have been planted just like the play illustrated above.We kicked a FG  moments later.  To me, Luck is holding the ball because the receivers aren't getting enough separation.  Luck is staring the receiver open.  Peyton threw the receiver open. In other words, Peyton and recivers are so practiced, Peyton delivers a pinpoint accurate ball, before a receiver makes his break.  When he does, the ball is there.  Luck see's if there room after the break, the delivers. The DB has time to come up and defense the play.  IMHO, it is not the speed of the release, it is the timing of the release.

Luck needs more experience. With his receivers, and throwing to a pinpoint spot.  Then the timing plays can work. Otherwise, this o line will get him battered.

1 person likes this