Photo

Mewelde Moore [Merge]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 Phil J

Phil J
  • 921 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Get off my team. Tons of better options out there. Ballard makes you look even more like a fool with his relentless play.
I once scored four touchdowns in a single game to clinch the 1966 City Championship for Polk High

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 Emma

Emma
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I was about to post a thread about this. It was a horrible idea to let him play. I'm seriously mad at that decision. 

#3 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1135 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

had to get someone off of the street in one week... he was the only guy who knew the offense... he did stink it up today though

#4 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6017 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

he'll never play another down in the nfl

#5 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7034 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

It's not too late to grab Evans off of the Titans PS.

#6 Austin Stone

Austin Stone
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

If it wasnt for moore we would  have had a td and maybe the game would have been a little more in reach at the end for another comeback.

Ballard should be our starter for the future and years to come

#7 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1137 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Thank God I'm not alone on this. SO mad at Moore.

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#8 ALuck>RG3

ALuck>RG3
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

If carter wasn't injured he could have done it but why not just punch it in with luck

#9 Emma

Emma
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Thank God I'm not alone on this. SO mad at Moore.

I'm furious.

#10 House

House
  • 6663 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

It's easy to say I knew it after the fact, but soon as I saw him in the backfield for that goalline play I hated it.

Give it to Ballard or just a bootleg for Andrew. Moore was our worst option in that spot IMO.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#11 Phil J

Phil J
  • 921 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Smonroe" data-cid="361959" data-time="1355692548"><p>
It's not too late to grab Evans off of the Titans PS.</p></blockquote>

Make the move as soon as the plane lands. In fact, don't even let him take the plane back with the team. Make him rent a car out of his own pocket.
I once scored four touchdowns in a single game to clinch the 1966 City Championship for Polk High

#12 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6433 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

What?! How so he only had a fumble goalline and what two penalties?????

That's only pretty terrible..

Yeah I do agree we shouldn't have the guy in this team.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#13 IndyD4U

IndyD4U
  • 1222 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

A body is a body and we needed one badly this week. He knew the offense, but seriously, the man stunk it up today!

After all is said and done, more is said than done.

#14 Phil J

Phil J
  • 921 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="IndyD4U" data-cid="362003" data-time="1355693014"><p>
A body is a body and we needed one badly this week. He knew the offense, but seriously, the man stunk it up today!</p></blockquote>

Knowing the offense is worthless if you can't play the game of football well at all. I'm better than this dude.

#15 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Is he cut yet? I really hate that guy..I feel a little disgusted that I got his autograph..

#16 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9132 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

texans gave him the game ball

#17 IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Lol...come on, if Andrew Luck threw a game changing interception in the playoffs inside the 5 yard would you ask the Colts to cut him?

47RXFv1.png

#18 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 2100 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

People are mad at Melwelde but it was Arians who put him in over Ballard at the goal line. So I blame him more. 

"This Trophy has a lot of glory but we are going to give the glory to God." --Jim Irsay.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#19 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7034 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Lol...come on, if Andrew Luck threw a game changing interception in the playoffs inside the 5 yard would you ask the Colts to cut him?

Please. Moore did nothing to get us there. Only to stop us from getting there. Hardly a good comparison.

Lets get Evans back from Tenn.

#20 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 14049 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Fumbles happen.  Would you have cut Adrian Peterson for his many fumbles?  It happens.  You could argue that it's the O-line's fault too for not blocking very well.  It's also BA's fault for a bad play call, one could say.  I think too many people are criticizing Moore for that.

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#21 GwinnettColt

GwinnettColt
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Should have put in Deji Karim (I'd heard they signed him).  He couldn't have been any worse.

#22 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7872 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

i knew moore would be the goat of this loss. come on guys there were more factors as to why we lost then just moore's fumble.

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Fumbles happen. Would you have cut Adrian Peterson for his many fumbles? It happens. You could argue that it's the O-line's fault too for not blocking very well. It's also BA's fault for a bad play call, one could say. I think too many people are criticizing Moore for that. Another bad comparison..AP would've been the reason they would be near the goal line in the first place or he would've made up for that bad play with a spectacular play..

#24 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

HOW can you mention Peterson in the same breath as Moore?   LOL!

Moore was let go for a reason - he should have never been brought back!

If we score a TD there the game is much different!  

But of course it wasnt the only thing that cost us ... the horrible punt protection that gave up a TD, and the *ic unsportsman foul on Arians both cost us as well!    If none of those three things happen the Colts win by 10+ today!

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#25 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2898 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I think if a helmet is put on the ball, a big jarring hit, getting hit during the handoff, these are all reasons to fumble that are at least understandable. He literally just coughed the ball up, it just fell out..

The fumble wasn't THE reason we lost, but it was a factor.

But I blame someone on the sidelines just as much as I blame Moore....You put him in after weeks on the street, against THAT Dline, in THAT situation. Thats just silly, and borderline reckless...

I like to argue. 

#26 Andy

Andy
  • 8806 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Sorry, can't help it, but did you say "Get off my team?"

Anyways, his fumble really hurt them, but the punt block hurt too. If the Colts score and avoid that block, they win the game. 

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#27 MrSolo

MrSolo
  • Rookie
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Fumbles happen but you just can't let them happen in a road division game, division title on the line, a clinched playoff spot, and with a monster named J.J. Watt lining up on the other side. You have to protect the ball with your dear life!

...Remember what happend to jerome Bettis though?! haaa  

#28 NCost12

NCost12
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Also during the punt return he had the block in the back i think which really messed us up.

Colts fan from New Jersey

#29 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2175 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

What were we thinking with this guy. His first penalty was horrible and I wanted him to be pulled ASAP, then the fumble? are you kidding? then the horrible penalty again. I was so sick of hearing his number called ..... makes me want to throw up my eggs and saugage right now, which would be after letting go of my bacon, southwestern omlet, toast, and bagel with cream cheese, oh and my one litre of orange juice..

#30 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4268 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Why wouldn't you let Ballard just run it in for the score?? I mean seriously. Moore is not and has never been a power back. That was a very poor decision.

#31 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4273 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

If carter wasn't injured he could have done it but why not just punch it in with luck

If Peyton can run in a bootleg, then Luck sure as heck can. They are scared to use his athletic ability. Why? For fear of injury. I suggest he is safer on the run....
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#32 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2925 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Who knows why Moore was in at the goal line.  It was early in the 2nd quarter and we were down 10 - 0. That 7 points lost was Huge. So then we force a short punt, drive deep into the redzone again, and this crap o-line has to hold to keep from getting our QB killed. Great take off another 4 points, erase the nice TD pass/catch to Wayne. {Sigh} and kick a FG.

I noticed we are getting beat on pressure up the middle a lot.  Either Luck gets killed, or we hold.  There's no room to step up, and no place to roll out.  Here's the nice hold by Reitz-

NiceHolding_zpsfe20b90a.jpg

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#33 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2175 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Who knows why Moore was in at the goal line.  It was early in the 2nd quarter and we were down 10 - 0. That 7 points lost was Huge. So then we force a short punt, drive deep into the redzone again, and this crap o-line has to hold to keep from getting our QB killed. Great take off another 4 points, erase the nice TD pass/catch to Wayne. {Sigh} and kick a FG.

I noticed we are getting beat on pressure up the middle a lot.  Either Luck gets killed, or we hold.  There's no room to step up, and no place to roll out.  Here's the nice hold by Reitz-

NiceHolding_zpsfe20b90a.jpg
is this the pass to Wayne (TD)? would luck have been killed without the hold? i missed that entire series on the tube. please advise. also, is it me or is luck holding on to the ball much too long at times and is his release a lot slower than manning, i mean A LOT slower? just asking, don't know for sure.

#34 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2925 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

If Peyton can run in a bootleg, then Luck sure as heck can. They are scared to use his athletic ability. Why? For fear of injury. I suggest he is safer on the run....

Because they aren't respecting th Play Action fake.  there's no room.  Also pressure up th middle is killing our pas plays   Here's an example (besides th holding above, too!).  Luck fakes a hand off to Ballard, Ballard goes out short in pattern as the checkdown.  Luck surveys 1st read, covered. 

Checkdown_play_zpsbac39bf3.jpg

Begins to look for Ballard  to dump it off and POW!

Helmet_Sack_zps0f7cdbf6.jpg

Nice little pop in the face from the inside pass rush. )I guess the league will hand out another fine that was flagged on our QB  Luck leads the league in no calls, too). It looks like Luck had time to dump it in these pictures. At real time speed, no way.  You can't believe how fast the Texan D-line was getting around their man and on Luck.

We need to block in a way that allows an escape route, then Luck can make a play.  Not when he's trapped, though.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#35 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2925 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

is this the pass to Wayne (TD)? would luck have been killed without the hold? i missed that entire series on the tube. please advise. also, is it me or is luck holding on to the ball much too long at times and is his release a lot slower than manning, i mean A LOT slower? just asking, don't know for sure.

Yes, this was the TD to Wayne that was negated. If not for the hold, Luck would have been planted just like the play illustrated above.We kicked a FG  moments later.  To me, Luck is holding the ball because the receivers aren't getting enough separation.  Luck is staring the receiver open.  Peyton threw the receiver open. In other words, Peyton and recivers are so practiced, Peyton delivers a pinpoint accurate ball, before a receiver makes his break.  When he does, the ball is there.  Luck see's if there room after the break, the delivers. The DB has time to come up and defense the play.  IMHO, it is not the speed of the release, it is the timing of the release.

Luck needs more experience. With his receivers, and throwing to a pinpoint spot.  Then the timing plays can work. Otherwise, this o line will get him battered.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates