Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm still proud of Andrew Luck and The Indianapolis Colts

coltsfan_nyc

You have to put things into perspective. Andrew Luck and the Colts are went up against one of the best teams in the NFL, the patriots. As much as I hate them, you can't deny that Tom Brady and the Pats are an ELITE franchise who has boasted a winning record for decades.

We ran right into one of the best in the league and got rocked! Today showed our flaws and highlighted our inexperience. However, I believe that this Indianapolis Colts team is not the end all, finished product. Although we aren't ready to tussle with the Pats, I believe we will still win games on our sheduale, I believe Andrew Luck and this team will get better and become a force to be reckoned with, and I beleive no matter how this season ends, playoffs, wildcard, or bust, we already exceeded expectations!

This is year one, and it's only gonna get better from here! Watch!

I absolutely HATE the patriots, mostly brady and bb, there well known for rubbing it in on a team, and in todays game there was the perfect example, with them ahead 52 to 24 with less than half a quarter to go brady is still throwing the ball to get another td to really humiliate us.TOTALLY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't play them next year but it's possible we will play them again before brady is washed up, and most likely the game will be in Indy, and when we do, we won't forget this game, and Luck and the Colts will be really good by that time, and we will pay them back BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm proud of Luck, who gave (by far) the most valiant effort. He still tried hard even when the game was out of reach.

The kid has balls, not to mention a heck of a lot of skill... he's going places in this league.

Agreed. I feel that game would not have been so lop-sided at home. Luck is struggling on the road, and in going to NE, that was a worse-case scenario.

Take back 2 pick-6 returns and that punt return, that game would have an entirely different dynamic.

It's easy to get excited over us having been 6-3.....it raised expectations beyond what's reasonable. We're 6-4, and that ain't bad. We knew this year would be rough and I would submit that any reasonable expectations heading into the year have been surpassed.

I absolutely HATE the patriots, mostly brady and bb, there well known for rubbing it in on a team, and in todays game there was the perfect example, with them ahead 52 to 24 with less than half a quarter to go brady is still throwing the ball to get another td to really humiliate us.TOTALLY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't play them next year but it's possible we will play them again before brady is washed up, and most likely the game will be in Indy, and when we do, we won't forget this game, and Luck and the Colts will be really good by that time, and we will pay them back BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I was thinking. karma.......

I wouldn't be half as upset if it was any other team in the league that put up those points on us. Pats fans are the absolute worst.

I was at the 35-34 game a few years agao where Pats were stomping us at halftime and they were running around Lucas Oil just taunting EVERYONE. After Bullit made the stop on 4th down and we came back and won, those fans had to leave out the back door. The stadium was electric after that. Not only because we came back, but we did it against Belichick and the Pats crap talking fans

Hey at least Pat McAfee got to body slam Edleman yesterday. Stellar.

I agree with everything here.

Would I have liked a win... ABSOLUTELY... but did I EXPECT IT... Nope!

It's easy to forget that Luck is a rookie and I don't think he played like one... but rather as a veteran quarterback against the Patriots given little time. It seems he always had someone hanging on him or hitting him. I even a saw a helmet to helmet that wasn't called.

I'm also not a homer... I know our D is bad. Sure we have moments of brilliance, but I don't know that it's our D purposely being in the right place, but rather a series of events where they happen to be there to make the plays.

It takes a lot of talent to play in the NFL, but it takes something special to play at a high level and we just aren't there yet. I don't know that we can get there with the defensive players we have. I don't see someone on our D that elevates those around them.

I still look forward to victories and think we will find ourselves in the playoffs... but we aren't a deep round playoff team yet.

Its called stat padding

Players have to produce to keep their jobs. Their performance is on film. If coaches put them out there, they have to play, play hard, and play well. If not, they may lose their job to the 'next man up' on the pine. I don't blame offense players for running up scores, coaches maybe. Defenses most certainly. Don't want a team running up the scoreboard? STOP them!

Good post to the OP, and even though this loss was ugly, it's a learning experience. As far as running up the score and all of that nonsense, I have a potentially unpoular theory about that one. The Patriots are a team that feeds on mistakes and teams falling into their gameplan and out of their own. The way to beat them is sticking to your own gameplan and slowing the game down, much like beating the Colts when their offense was at top of the league. The thing is, once a team is behind many play catch up, causing QBs to force throws and panic, instead of controlling the clock and keeping the Patriot's offense off the field. This is exactly what the Colts did and caused them to be eaten alive.

However, most realize Andrew Luck is an intelligent QB and Arians will probably have a better gameplan going into their next meeting. I have this strange theory that maybe the Patriots added insult to injury in hopes of making the Colts overly emotional in their next meeting, whether it's this season or next. I believe this was also Peyton's problem with the Patriots game at Foxboro, he would be easily frustrated with early failings in the game and make abnormal mental mistakes throughout the game that the Patriots would capitalize on and lead them to victory. I am not saying the Colts will buy into this owning of the emotions, but I could see the Patriots playing a mental game to maintain advantage over them in future meetings. Especially with a team that has a bright future and potential like the Colts.