Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thinking ahead.... Saints RB Mark Ingram

Ohio Colt

I really like Ballard... think he deserves his share of time and carries and everything. But I would like for us to make a run in the offseason at RB Mark Ingram. He is not being utilized properly in New Orleans. I think a trade for him makes a lot of sense. Would probably cost us a middling pick, New Orleans will be looking to reclaim as many picks as possible. I think the kid could flourish in Indy and we won't find a back as good as him in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds....

Would you take a chance on Ingram?

I really like Ballard... think he deserves his share of time and carries and everything. But I would like for us to make a run in the offseason at RB Mark Ingram. He is not being utilized properly in New Orleans. I think a trade for him makes a lot of sense. Would probably cost us a middling pick, New Orleans will be looking to reclaim as many picks as possible. I think the kid could flourish in Indy and we won't find a back as good as him in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds....

To be honest, I'm fine with our RBs. I would rather concentrate on other parts of O-line, Luck needs better protection. But I don't have much football IQ, so I may be wrong.

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

of course I would and here is why, Ingram would also prove my point that its not Brown or Ballard or Carter or any other running back we have had since the start of pre season thats the reason why we cant run the ball, the reason is the 5 guys up front, I wouldn't even refer to them as O Linemen at this point because quite frankly it would be an insult to some real O Linemen, Maybe they could be deemed Offensive but Linemen? I think giving 5 muscle men a training camp and preseason to learn the system could do better or as good for cheaper

Dear God...

To answer your question - no. There is ZERO chance this would happen.

of course I would and here is why, Ingram would also prove my point that its not Brown or Ballard or Carter or any other running back we have had since the start of pre season thats the reason why we cant run the ball, the reason is the 5 guys up front, I wouldn't even refer to them as O Linemen at this point because quite frankly it would be an insult to some real O Linemen, Maybe they could be deemed Offensive but Linemen? I think giving 5 muscle men a training camp and preseason to learn the system could do better or as good for cheaper

So you would - in your own words - waste a mid-round pick just to prove a point to the fans?

So you would - in your own words - waste a mid-round pick just to prove a point to the fans?

I was being sarcastic, I woudnt trade for any running back, we have a perfectly good starter in Brown once we get an NFL caliber O Line. I wouldn't even draft one

a mid round pick on a running back?

OP said he'd give up a 3-5th-rounder for Mark Ingram.

You seemed to agree, due to the fact that you wanted to prove that it doesn't have anything to do with our running backs, but rather our O-line. While I completely agree with your analysis, I just fail to see the logic in spending any picks on something that would just "prove a point".

OP said he'd give up a 3-5th-rounder for Mark Ingram.

You seemed to agree, due to the fact that you wanted to prove that it doesn't have anything to do with our running backs, but rather our O-line. While I completely agree with your analysis, I just fail to see the logic in spending any picks on something that would just "prove a point".

It was sarcasm about getting Ingram or any other running back for picks or anything

How are we good at WR? We are 7th in total dropped passes with 20. That's not "good" at all.

Not sure we're good at OLB either... when Frathis are both in the game, we're OK (and I've very pleasantly surprised to say that), but what percentage of snaps have we seen both in there? They aren't getting any younger, and Hughes doesn't look like the future to me.

we do need a tall wide receiver but not early

I would look at

Jordan Matthews in the 5th 6'3" 200lbs

Marcus Davis- 6'4" 232lbs in the 5th

Emory Blake- 6'2" 193lbs 5th

Conner Vernon 6'2" 195lbs 5th

Keenan Davis 6'2" 215lbs 6th

Quinton Patton 6'2" 195lbs 6th

Alec Lemon 6'2" 202lbs 6th

Dan Buckner 6'4" 215lbs 6th

But I wouldnt go higher then that for a WR given our O Line problems assuming we get comp picks in that round or trade somewhere along the line

Bottom line for me... before we can determine what we have in RBs, we need to see an OLine that can run block consistently... and I've been saying as much since Tarik Glenn prematurely retired. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Grigson, please address OLine in a serious way this next offseason. I wouldn't be heartbroken if more than half the current line is replaced. I sincerely appreciate what these guys are accomplishing this year, but in my mind, it is the single biggest hole on the team.

We remind me of the 2011 Lions... You realize run game is a problem when you need it late to close out a game and move the chains and you struggle to do so even though you have a Cadillac passing game all game long

So what game have they failed to close out? Seems to me they did exactly that in the 3 game winning streak.

The notion that the Colts would give up a draft pick to get a RB is comical.

It appears you might have missed the emergence of the running game as a whole.

so a 19 yard run when our blue sea finally parted on the final play of the game is missing our running game? do you really call up to that point 41 yards by Ballard a running game? what would you call Donald Browns 80 yard performance on 14 attempts vs the Titans then?

It appears you might have missed the emergence of the running game as a whole.

I think he is in denial. Ballard literally put the Titan's and Dolphins game away with a touch down and a fantastic 3rd down run. Arians did not call the first play for DB, he called it for Ballard and in the Dolphins game, DB was injured.....as usual.

I think he is in denial. Ballard literally put the Titan's and Dolphins game away with a touch down and a fantastic 3rd down run. Arians did not call the first play for DB, he called it for Ballard and in the Dolphins game, DB was injured.....as usual.

How is 41 yards until the very last play of the game in denial? enlighten me since I seem to be utterly lost to your logic

This line had Seth Olson & Link play major minutes among 4 new players in a new offense with D Brown and 2 inexperienced young RB`s.

What a bunch of &^%$# complaining about the O-Line.

As a group Sunday, they had a solid day against a D that has played very well.

Very good running days the prior two games.

They deserve a Chance to come together. Could you give them another week or two ^&%$#!

We have good RBs....they will truly flourish with upgrades to the interior OL...so Warmack or Barrett Jones in the first round....I can see us trading for a second round pick because Grigs is deal maker...we get a DE or SS with that pick and yeah we get a non smurf receiver after that....

so a 19 yard run when our blue sea finally parted on the final play of the game is missing our running game? do you really call up to that point 41 yards by Ballard a running game? what would you call Donald Browns 80 yard performance on 14 attempts vs the Titans then?

Reading is fundamental. I am not singling out any back in particular but simply stating that the running game has made significant progress in the last few weeks. All backs have been very good and have been a huge reason why they are on a 3 game win streak.

But since you brought it up - yes Ballard's end of game run was impressive as heck. The entire stadium knew what they were going to do & who would get the ball. Miami's only chance is to stop that run and yet they failed. And saying the Red Sea parted is comical. He did not freaking run those 19 yards without being touched. It was a darn tough run.

This line had Seth Olson & Link play major minutes among 4 new players in a new offense with D Brown and 2 inexperienced young RB`s.

What a bunch of &^%$# complaining about the O-Line.

As a group Sunday, they had a solid day against a D that has played very well.

Very good running days the prior two games.

They deserve a Chance to come together. Could you give them another week or two ^&%$#!

Fair enough. I'd suggest that I'm pleased with what they've accomplished, but am not prepared to say there isn't a lot of room for improvement.

Its kind of like winter camping wrapped in a patchwork quilt vs. a high tech, lightweight sleeping bag. The quilt may keep you warmish, but it isn't the best tool for the job.

Not a trade I'm interested in and I like Ingram.

But the Saints over paid for him, and they're not going to just give him away.... and we don't have many draft picks as it is....

Just not got a good match, at least for right now. Maybe if he continues to under-produce in New Orleans we can * him up as a Free Agent in a year or two.

For a 4th or later, sure, but I think we'd need to get rid of Brown in return. If we want to be a more physical running team the way the coaches have said I think Ingram suits that better than Brown.

Ballard, Ingram, and Carter would really wear a defense down over a game, IMO. Pound the rock, and batter those LB's down over the course of the game.

No.....our backs are good...I think we've drafted well there....and we should spend our money on the O-line and the secondary