Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay says trades gotta go down soon

Peytonparker

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Randon.. 3)TradeWinds whipping fiercely but it's gotta get done soon,if it's gonna get done,Coaches need him ASAP 4 catch up learning curve

This is Irsay latest tweet. Makes me think it maybe an Olineman

In another thread, someone said because of that tweet they are thinking WR or RB.

Fact is that comment is true for any position they bring in, coaches will want them quickly and that person will have to play catch up and have a steep learning curve at the beginning.

In another thread, someone said because of that tweet they are thinking WR or RB.

Fact is that comment is true for any position they bring in, coaches will want them quickly and that person will have to play catch up and have a steep learning curve at the beginning.

Trade for anything other than an O lineman or CB would be senseless. We're at least mediocre in most other positions.

If this is true it would suggest an OL or CB. I think we are happy with our WRs. We have so many they just need reps really. Like others have said it doesn't suggest Wallace because he knows Arians offense. It doesn't suggest a NT...because lets be honest....NT have the same job EVERYWHERE. I too agree its possibly a cb or ol. I was in Texas this week and the reports are that Jenkins is healthy to return from his shoulder surgery very soon but Jerry Jones kept saying we don't have a time table on when he will start practicing. In general they have been happy with their cb play so is he back on the block??? Just listening (rumors) to the radio people they surprised he wasn't back on the field at least in some form. Just take that for what it is. There is no facts its all speculation but I think perhaps the Cowboys are willing to be more interested in moving him. They have OL problems themselves, wide receiver, and saftey.

Trade for anything other than an O lineman or CB would be senseless. We're at least mediocre in most other positions.

And after watching DJ Johnson and Gordy (assuming Powers is not injured seriously) I think the Colts are mediocre at CB. I think it's a 5th year tackle from Chicago Chris Williams has started games at LT, RT and LG, former 1st round pick. Could come in and solidify the RT spot immediately.

I like to pretend this is Irsay's way of playing mind games with our trade partner. He's pretty much saying, "You better accept this trade now or go home."

By "pretend", do you mean that you're trying to fool yourself?

In my opinion, it works the exact opposite; if Irsay is tweeting about the trade, all it does is put the pressure on the Colts to get it done, so it allows the other team to up the ante.

Otherwise, Irsay will have massive egg on his face.

I think the supposed damage to Irsay's reputation if this falls through is being overblown. On twitter Brad Wells is trumpeting that Irsay will lose credibility if this falls through.

In reality this is ALREADY Irsay's reputation. He is already the Mad Tweeter. Those that already accept it and applaud his enthusiasm will continue to do so even if this whole mess falls through. Those that already think he's a clown will just point to this as another example. I don't think that this week's tweets are really going to change very many people's opinions of the man. Love or Hate him, he is who he is.

Brad Wells is an interesting guy. He and his husband sit around and make up stories that somehow always get back to bashing the Polians. So I would ignore 100% of anything he says.

I do think Irsay has to tone it down a bit. I realize it is his team and his chance to speak directly to the fans. But now being the news breaking agency for the Colts is kinda bizarre.

"ColtsFans pay hard earned $ 2c their team play,they make the game! So I'll update them as I see fit while protecting sanctity of operations!"- @JimIrsay

Telling the media to mind their business!!! hahaha

Few moments later, he tweeted this...

"If u don't like it buy ur own team and try to make the playoffs 9 seasons n a row n put together 7 straight 12 win seasons n a row as Owner!"- @JimIrsay

What does that even mean? I can't decode this one.

He's saying pretty much don't tell him how to do things. He knows the Colts fans pay their money to go out to lucas oil or wherever we play. So if he want to tell us that a trade is coming, he can do that if he pleases

If this is true it would suggest an OL or CB. I think we are happy with our WRs. We have so many they just need reps really. Like others have said it doesn't suggest Wallace because he knows Arians offense. It doesn't suggest a NT...because lets be honest....NT have the same job EVERYWHERE. I too agree its possibly a cb or ol. I was in Texas this week and the reports are that Jenkins is healthy to return from his shoulder surgery very soon but Jerry Jones kept saying we don't have a time table on when he will start practicing. In general they have been happy with their cb play so is he back on the block??? Just listening (rumors) to the radio people they surprised he wasn't back on the field at least in some form. Just take that for what it is. There is no facts its all speculation but I think perhaps the Cowboys are willing to be more interested in moving him. They have OL problems themselves, wide receiver, and saftey.

Jenkins won`t be ready for weeks so what would be the rush?

And one year left, would he cost a high draft pick?

By "pretend", do you mean that you're trying to fool yourself?

In my opinion, it works the exact opposite; if Irsay is tweeting about the trade, all it does is put the pressure on the Colts to get it done, so it allows the other team to up the ante.

Otherwise, Irsay will have massive egg on his face.

And it tells 30 other teams to bring forward Players they are interested in moving NOW!

Creates Competition for his anticipated High, Valuable Draft pick. A Calculated, Wise move IMO.

Would think Grigson advised him this was needed and appropriate for the situation.