Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on trade after the game

coltsguy510

I don't even care about this Trade anymore until it actually happens. Get everyone all hyped up, then on Gameday we take a beating (Mind you that Luck still had a GREAT Game).... If it happens it does. If not, then I guess we just wait till the Waiver Wire or work with what we have

I hope that we get either Davis or Long!!! Our O-Line was horrible!!! Powers got hurt and Davis can be our #1 CB if he comes. Long and Castonzo can give us a great pair of OT's!!!

No team will trade a good, starting O lineman. They are too hard to find and once they have a decent one you can bet they are unwilling to trade.

There were trade rumors going into this off-season that the Dolphins were open to dealing Long. That's the main reason they drafted Martin from Stanford, in case they did trade him. I wouldn't rule it out..... The Dolphins front office is pretty stupid, you know.

Rule it out. They're not THAT stupid.

Just because some dumb media type writes it, doesn't mean that's what the Miami front office is thinking of doing. You saw what they did with Martin -- they moved him to RIGHT tackle.

There's no reason for Long to be traded. And if they did, it's certainly NOT for one high draft pick. We'd be offering 1's for years as the Skins did for RG3.... there's less than a 1% chance of it happening... really. Seriously.

We'd be lucky to get Vontae Davis, and it'd be a once in a lifetime miracle if the Colts got Long.

Get my point, big trades are tough to complete, so don't expect Long and I like the chacnes of the trade not happening.

Plus, no one will trade the best LT in the game for a "high draft pick."

I dont think the fins are keeping long they drafted martin in the 2nd round cuz long is making too much but i could be wrong ive heard hes on the trade block

Why would the Dolphins trade the best left tackle in the game? While we're at it, let's get the Jets to send us Revis, and the Lions can send us Ndamakung Suh.

If I could take a player from the lions Id take Megatron...Seems more logical you know, with us taking revis from the Jets and Long from the Phins....That there My friend would be the start of a "Dream Team" for the Coragles( Colts, Ravens,Eagles) seeing as to how we only trade/ pick up players with the ravens and eagles

these were the players that were rumored in the trade but all have been ruled out by nfl analyst: mike wallace, maurice jones-drew, jake long, revis, rodgers-cromartie, nnmadi, haden, welker, vontae davis, cary williams.

if it's not any of those guys then i have no idea where irsay is going with this. im starting to think it's someone that's in the trenches. what offensive or defensive linemen that's out there worth all of the excitement irsay is giving and willing to pay big money for?

I'll not lie, all the Mike Wallace ballyhoo piqued my interest in it being him over the past couple days, but after today I'm back off that wagon and back on the CB or OL bandwagon. Thing with an O-linemen, though, I just dunno how well I like giving up a "high draft pick" for one, even if he is elite... I guess I'm still kinda Polian-eqsue minded when it comes to O linemen. I think you can build a good line without using high picks/bank breaking deals on them...

Andrew please forgive me....

I'm going to keep it real even though alot of you may feel that this is a bad idea I dont care!! Yes bigest need is a CB or Oline and I would be happy if we brought in either but I would love for us to make the trade for MJD, yea yea yea he is 27, and yes he did lead everyone last year in yards and yes the Jags only won 5 games, yes he is on the down side of his carrer and yes you need a good O-line to run the ball well.

Breakdown

1.27yrs old but thats all we need him for until Lucks next contract by then MJD will be 30.

2.CB or O-line, well we could us them both now but we have more cap space then any other team the next two years to fill holes at any position and their will be some big name players out there in free angency but there will not be a better running back available next year in free agency or in the first round of the draft.

3.Dispite rushing for more yards then any other running back the jags only won 5 game but that wasn't Jones-drews fault he was one of the only bright spots on the offense with next to no legitmate QB play, how many games can you win without a decent QB.

4. Down side of his career and playing the best football of his career and there are no indications of slowing down.

With this new style of play the Colts needs more out of their starting RB then what Brown can put up, and you can quote all the stats about why brown should get the start this year but truthfully Brown is no Ray Rice, Mendenhall or Gore which are teams that this new choaching staff is trying to emulate, heck if you ask me he hasn't shown to be a NFL starter. The running game effects just about everything on the field from short an manageable downs to taking presure off of Luck to allowing the defense a chance to rest. We can use the waiver to pick up other needs like OL or CB but to me right now the anwser is RB but that just in my mind.

home boy is right, if we dont get a nose tackle,cornerback or left or right guard then grigson is dumb

Not if it's not being offered. We've heard a million rumors about what is being offered. The key word is rumors. We have no way of knowing who the Colts are really offered and probably more importantly which teams are talking to us. Let's say for example the MIke Wallace rumor is true. If the Colts pull the trigger on him I really doubt it's going to be because they turned down another trade to land another super star. It's probably because the Steelers are the team that was willing to make the deal. Just because we have needs at CB and O-line doesn't mean another team is willing to trade us one of their super stars however if a team is willing to give us a star player even it's not a CB or o-lineman for a team coming off a 2-14 season you have to stop and think about it.