Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on trade after the game

coltsguy510

I hope that we get either Davis or Long!!! Our O-Line was horrible!!! Powers got hurt and Davis can be our #1 CB if he comes. Long and Castonzo can give us a great pair of OT's!!!

Why would the Dolphins trade the best left tackle in the game? While we're at it, let's get the Jets to send us Revis, and the Lions can send us Ndamakung Suh.

We'd be lucky to get Vontae Davis, and it'd be a once in a lifetime miracle if the Colts got Long.

Get my point, big trades are tough to complete, so don't expect Long and I like the chacnes of the trade not happening.

Plus, no one will trade the best LT in the game for a "high draft pick."

We'd be lucky to get Vontae Davis, and it'd be a once in a lifetime miracle if the Colts got Long.

Get my point, big trades are tough to complete, so don't expect Long and I like the chacnes of the trade not happening.

Plus, no one will trade the best LT in the game for a "high draft pick."

There were trade rumors going into this off-season that the Dolphins were open to dealing Long. That's the main reason they drafted Martin from Stanford, in case they did trade him. I wouldn't rule it out..... The Dolphins front office is pretty stupid, you know.

Long? I have not heard that but if he is unhappy playing for that ridiculously pitiful franchise I can totally see Miami dealing him for something instead of losing him for nothing.

Jake Long's contract...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4712/jake-long

He is a free agent in 2013... franchise an unhappy player? hmmmmm ... I could see this happening.

I'd give up 1 for him.

There were trade rumors going into this off-season that the Dolphins were open to dealing Long. That's the main reason they drafted Martin from Stanford, in case they did trade him. I wouldn't rule it out..... The Dolphins front office is pretty stupid, you know.

yep...

Lets call Peyton..he'll know...

Lets call Peyton..he'll know...

Darrell Reid from our Denver connection would be an upgrade and being Bracketless would help immensely. Hes a good sack artist!

We need Defense and Darrell Reid from Denver would fit our need nicely!!

No lol, we are good for now at ILB. Is he your cousin or something???

As I have said, and been slammed for in previous threads, The Colts are more then 1 vetern player from be a legit contender. Thats is why I hate seeing us trade away draft picks for castoffs we could pick up in a few weeks for nothing. And I mean the later round pickups, nit the " big trade" coming down the pike.

As I have said, and been slammed for in previous threads, The Colts are more then 1 vetern player from be a legit contender. Thats is why I hate seeing us trade away draft picks for castoffs we could pick up in a few weeks for nothing. And I mean the later round pickups, nit the " big trade" coming down the pike.

I don't think five years worth of 6th and 7th round draft picks make us a contender either. I think it's far more important to identify our biggest needs this season, fill some holes in free agency, and continue to make low risk moves to improve the back end of the roster.