Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordy to the Indianapolis Colts for an undisclosed pick

spoonfish

Not practice squad I dont think as of now anyway, we have enough of those Corners that are little more then practice squad worthy as is, Gordy had 3 picks last year in 9 games started, I hope he builds off of it

From what I have witnessed in just this one game against KC and last week against Indy..

He would be Indy's second or third CB.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys Rams fan here from the Clanram forums. Josh Gordy was one of the few good things going for us after double digit DBs going on IR last season. Very instinctive and a hard hitter but does occasionally get beat deep, But not nearly as bad as King. I guarantee he will be ahead of King on your Depth chart within the next month or so. He also plays well against the run and isnt afraid of contact. Our last preseason game against the Chiefs he shoved a WR into the chiefs RB knocking the RB into the ground.

Sad to see him go for probably a 6th rounder because he has so much potential. I wish him luck with you guys.

If you guys have any questions ill be glad to answer the best i can.

And PS Luck looks like a stud out there.

Hey guys Rams fan here from the Clanram forums. Josh Gordy was one of the few good things going for us after double digit DBs going on IR last season. Very instinctive and a hard hitter but does occasionally get beat deep, But not nearly as bad as King. I guarantee he will be ahead of King on your Depth chart within the next month or so. He also plays well against the run and isnt afraid of contact. Our last preseason game against the Chiefs he shoved a WR into the chiefs RB knocking the RB into the ground.

Sad to see him go for probably a 6th rounder because he has so much potential. I wish him luck with you guys.

Thanks for the info. And welcome!

Couldn't this have waited until after roster cuts? I mean, could he have dropped to us anyway? Or may another team with too many good DB's? I can see this after rosters are pared down but it seems early to be giving up future draft picks...even late ones. What do I know though...I'm just a back seat GM at best.

In all seriousness, thanks for the info & welcome to the Colts Forum.

You guys got any other players you'd be interested in trading. Maybe Long or Larinatius (Spell Check) lol

Right On...

Welcome to the Forum! and Great info :D

We don't have as 7 rounder, so its probably a 6th rounder, right? So we don't have a 5 , 6, or 7.

We will get compensation for Saturday, Garcon, Pollack, and Tamme. So it just depends on how good they do. If Garcon and Saturday play at a high level then we could get as good as a 3rd but highly unlikely.

I hate that we keep giving up draft picks for players that more then likely wont be around for long. we are rebuilding this team for the long haul, and many pieces are needed to do that. Its not like we are going for one last grasp before falling apart. These draft picks will be missed.

There late round picks calm down and let Grigson do his job, people the defense got no help in the draft and the FA pick ups are just band-aids. But if Irsay is gonna fill seats next year he has to win and after watching Luck play the expectations have definitely increased to this team being competitive for the division crown. I think with a rookie qb playing like a vet and a defense that doesn't need the offense to score to be successful, this team is going to have a serious chance to challenge Houston for the division.

There late round picks calm down and let Grigson do his job, people the defense got no help in the draft and the FA pick ups are just band-aids. But if Irsay is gonna fill seats next year he has to win and after watching Luck play the expectations have definitely increased to this team being competitive for the division crown. I think with a rookie qb playing like a vet and a defense that doesn't need the offense to score to be successful, this team is going to have a serious chance to challenge Houston for the division.

Robert Mathis,Antoine Bethea,Kavell Conner,Josh Chapman,Lavon Brazill,Vick Ballard were all late round draft picks. These are the picks that can make or break your roster for the longterm future.

Hey everyone. New member, and love all the info. I was looking at the conditional pick also and thinking how it affects are draft picks next year. I agree I don't like giving up the late round draft picks but so far I trust in Grigson, and if it is conditional, I am OK with it. What I wanted to address was everyone saying we don't have a 5,6,or 7 pick next year. Remember, we will be getting supplementary picks for our Free Agents which were signed, and from what I can tell, at worst we should get a 4th, 6th, and 7th and possibly a 3rd, 5th, and 7th. From looking at Wikipedia, and how supplementary picks worth is decided, one of the main factors is how much money was paid to them. Garcon was given 8M a year, which may be worth a 3rd, but definitely a 4th. Saturday will be worth a 5th or 6th and Tamme will be worth a 7th. Each one of these FA's will give us a supplemental pick. There are other deciding factors, but what they signed for seems like the biggest influence. Were any other FA's signed that anyone can think of?

Glad to be a part of the board, and Luck looks great!!!!!!

John

In the Dalton clip they are wearing the awesome Royal Blue/Yellow uniforms. Dunno why they wont go back to them permanently!

I wish they'd go back to the blue and white uniforms they wore in the days of the Fearsome Foursome, Roman Gabriel, etc.

I willing to bet this player was going to be released at first or second cuts. I think we could have picked him up for nothing with better patience.

Yeah, but now we don't have to waste our top waiver priority on him, in case someone better becomes available.

Seems like a decent pick-up....

And I'd be shocked if we're sending anything more than a #6 in 2014. I don't think he's done enough to warrant anything higher.

And, as has been noted (but just to be clear) we've traded our 5 and 7 in 2013. It's been mentioned here that we're also getting back a #6 from Philly in the Justice deal. That I can't confirm, but I'm sure someone else can....

Interesting night....

The Justice deal is all cleaned up in the 2012 draft. We swapped 6th rounders with the Eagles, then swapped that pick (17th rd. 6) with the Jets for Stanton and their 7th rounder (became Fugger).

Robert Mathis,Antoine Bethea,Kavell Conner,Josh Chapman,Lavon Brazill,Vick Ballard were all late round draft picks. These are the picks that can make or break your roster for the longterm future.

Your over reaching with most of the guys on this list only Bethea and Mathis are true play makers, and Conner is on his way to becoming one but let the other guys actually make it through a season before you rank them on this list. And the whole point of FA and UDFA are to fill the gaps that the draft doesn't, get your panties out of a bunch and again let Grigson do his job

well i understand the jmove but i dont agree with it. Josh is talented and has started, but please we are a rebuilding team and we need all our picks including our late rounders. those are where you find a hidden game, a special team ace or a player specific for just a particular situations, like KR, pass rusher, extra TE blocker etc.

we dont have a 5 a 7 i think and probably we just sent a 6 or something like that

well i understand the jmove but i dont agree with it. Josh is talented and has started, but please we are a rebuilding team and we need all our picks including our late rounders. those are where you find a hidden game, a special team ace or a player specific for just a particular situations, like KR, pass rusher, extra TE blocker etc.

we dont have a 5 a 7 i think and probably we just sent a 6 or something like that

The pick is in 2014 and apparently Grigson thought he was good enough to give up a pick 2 yrs. away for him. How do you know he won't turn into a really good player for us? I think people are forgetting just how much cap space we have next season. In the big picture a late rd. pick in 2014 probably won't have much bearing on where we'll be 2 yrs. from now. With all the cap room we'll have, we will probably be right back in the mix next season.

Look at it this way: Is he as good as a CB drafted in the later rounds might be? If so, then we just drafted a CB with a late round pick in 2014, and we get him today. Better yet, he has already made a few plays in the NFL. The opportunity cost is whatever upside that pick might have, but it is hard to assume more upside that what Gordy has, and it would certainly appear that Gordy has less downside since he has already made a roster and shown the ability to get on the field with some production.

Look at it this way: Is he as good as a CB drafted in the later rounds might be? If so, then we just drafted a CB with a late round pick in 2014, and we get him today. Better yet, he has already made a few plays in the NFL. The opportunity cost is whatever upside that pick might have, but it is hard to assume more upside that what Gordy has, and it would certainly appear that Gordy has less downside since he has already made a roster and shown the ability to get on the field with some production.

This is exactly how I see it.