Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN's Shefter with a Luck Nugget....

NewColtsFan

.... this morning on SportsCenter (ironically while sitting next to Bill Polian) Shefter says an NFL executive this week (before last night's game) called Luck.....

The most prepared quarterback to come into the NFL ---- EVER!

Whether you agree or disagree, it sure was nice to hear.... :thmup:

That's cool. But that is due to many factors. For example, I think Peyton was the guy who was really instrumental in showing how important preparation can be, especially from a QB's standpoint. Also, improved technology and knowledge about the game and the human body have helped. It also helps that Luck is very talented, hard working, and incredibly smart.

Impressive, provided the NFL Exec isn't Grigson.

What was Polian's reaction?

I'm confident the exec wasn't Polian....

Polian made no comment about that one way or the other.... otherwise, he said what we've all been saying... that Luck responded well after adversity... an impressive quality...

As an analyst, Polian is a work in progress.

It's a credit to Luck obviously, but also a huge credit to Coach Harbaugh. He really treated Andrew like an NFL QB and prepared him for this from the moment he stepped on campus. (I know Harbaugh is hated by just about every NFL fanbase outside of the Niners, but the guy is flat out brilliant especially with QBs.)

It's a credit to Luck obviously, but also a huge credit to Coach Harbaugh. He really treated Andrew like an NFL QB and prepared him for this from the moment he stepped on campus. (I know Harbaugh is hated by just about every NFL fanbase outside of the Niners, but the guy is flat out brilliant especially with QBs.)

You'll find that he gets love around here too. Good ol Captain Comeback!

No offense to Peyton, but Jimmie is still my all time favorite Colt. Mostly because he was the first to show this town and franchise (post Mayflower truck) that it could compete and win. And because I met him a couple times, and he is a good dude (at least off the field).

On the sidelines when Luck was being interviewed he was asked about his expectation for the upcoming season.

The first thought that came to his head was Superbowl. Then he mentioned playoffs as a his goal. I liked how

he didn't toe the company line with we are just trying to improve every week and treat each game one at a time.

He also mentioned that some veterans have a couple years left and they are in win now mode.

I have to say , I loved those quotes almost as much as the game. I am not going to guess wins but all I am going

to say is I love his confidence and I will not be surprised if we are much better than what has been said.

Luck's NFL (not football) IQ is unreal.

There is only one reason why that is and the member above me mentioned his name: Jim Harbaugh

Luck was smart enough to realize who was coaching him, and like a sponge he absorbed every drop of football knowledge Jim gave him. Its clearly evident.

I've never seen a rookie QB more relaxed EVER.

There is only one reason why that is and the member above me mentioned his name: Jim Harbaugh

Luck was smart enough to realize who was coaching him, and like a sponge he absorbed every drop of football knowledge Jim gave him. Its clearly evident.

Well.... while I give Harbaugh a lot of the credit, I'd say just as much can go to his father, former NFL quarterback Oliver Luck. The life Andrew led growing up led to much of what you see on the field so far.

Hey, I'm a Stanford fan... I give great props to Harbaugh and his coaching staff.... but Oliver (and Andrew's mother) played big parts too...

Just sayin....

You'll find that he gets love around here too. Good ol Captain Comeback!

I still hope he ends up a coach here at some point, further down the line in his career. Would be awesome to have him and Luck reunited, with the same franchise where his legend was born.

Well.... while I give Harbaugh a lot of the credit, I'd say just as much can go to his father, former NFL quarterback Oliver Luck. The life Andrew led growing up led to much of what you see on the field so far.

Hey, I'm a Stanford fan... I give great props to Harbaugh and his coaching staff.... but Oliver (and Andrew's mother) played big parts too...

Just sayin....

I absolutely agree as another Stanford fan. And all those 7-on-7 he played in Texas.

Not sure why other fans would hate on him at all. I love his attitude and his results are second to non.

.... this morning on SportsCenter (ironically while sitting next to Bill Polian) Shefter says an NFL executive this week (before last night's game) called Luck.....

The most prepared quarterback to come into the NFL ---- EVER!

Whether you agree or disagree, it sure was nice to hear.... :thmup:

Never saw a young guy like luck , I mean the lastt guy I saw that the game wasnt to big for brady

That's cool. But that is due to many factors. For example, I think Peyton was the guy who was really instrumental in showing how important preparation can be, especially from a QB's standpoint. Also, improved technology and knowledge about the game and the human body have helped. It also helps that Luck is very talented, hard working, and incredibly smart.

Helps also that he played under Harbaugh.

I think he's already more relaxed than Peyton was in his last game as a Colt. As good as Manning is that was one of his weaknesses.

It *feels* like when I'm watching Andrew Luck, he won't let us completely fail. We might get beat, we might not always win, but we will at the very least be respectable.

Totally agree. I also get the feeling this team will not be pushed around like Colt teams of the past.

I think he's already more relaxed than Peyton was in his last game as a Colt. As good as Manning is that was one of his weaknesses.

He's more Eli than Peyton in that regard. Stuff just doesn't seem to get to him unlike with Peyton who always looked like a guy with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Not sure why other fans would hate on him at all. I love his attitude and his results are second to non.

Hey wig.... it's called jealousy, just brush it off every time you hear it and every time you read it. Fans of other teams, mainly our division rivals know what's ahead for the next 12-15 years. Let's enjoy the ride, we've just started the engine.