Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bob sanders

WesurehavesomeLuck

i know he is a free agent. this isn't about signing him, we already have our Safeties. I just wanted to know if anyone had any info on him. is anyone interested in him?

I'd be surprised if he's given another shot. Four straight seasons ending in IR, not exactly appealing to most teams. I wish him well in life, he was a great player for us.

Yea....unfortunately Bob's injury issues have crossed that threshold whereas it no longer matters what he is capable of when healthy. All that teams will see is the injuries, year in and year out. At this point he couldn't possibly play to his former level, as he would most definitely change his play style to avoid injury. Which would likely result in him being a sub-par player.

Dude may have been a HoF lock by this point if he had stayed healthy. Sad stuff.....

i know he is a free agent. this isn't about signing him, we already have our Safeties. I just wanted to know if anyone had any info on him. is anyone interested in him?

Nothing.... I'd give him a tryout tomorrow if he asked..

...but I havent heard him say he wants another try....

Like Dallas Clark, Gary Brackett, Joe Addai.........looks like he's joining the alumni club

It's really unfortunate because when he was healthy, he was a better safety than Polamalu and Reed. In fact, before Polamalu won the DPOY a few years ago (when Clay Matthews should have won it), Bob was the only safety in the NFL to win a DPOY and Super Bowl. One could have made a strong argument that he should have been Super Bowl MVP, as he had 2 tackles, a forced fumble that really swung the momentum Indy's way, and an INT. I wouldn't mind bringing him in on a one year, vet minimum contract with lots of performance incentives. If he does decide to hang them up, I would love to see Indy bring him in as a DB coach.

I think people seem to forget the impact Bob had because he was injured so often. When he was healthy, our defense was totally different. It was more aggressive, it had a certain swag. And with Bob on the field, you never took your eyes off the game because you knew he was going to lay someone out. At 31, I think he still has a few good years left in the tank. I'm not sure what Bob does for rehab, but maybe he should try what Polamalu does (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d808feae0/NFLTA-Polamalu-s-rehab)

Bob has never tested positive for any PED. Making ignorant/untrue statements/rumours could compromise your credibility on the forum, and if taken to a more extreme extent, could be seen as libel.

Libel is next to impossible on a public figure. Right or wrong, you're allowed to do/say most anything with a public figure. Proving libel is next to impossible.

The guy was voicing an opinion. And it's only an opinion. And he didn't state it as a fact. There's no danger of libel here.

Really. None. Even if the opinion is 100% wrong.

Libel is next to impossible on a public figure. Right or wrong, you're allowed to do/say most anything with a public figure. Proving libel is next to impossible.

The guy was voicing an opinion. And it's only an opinion. And he didn't state it as a fact. There's no danger of libel here.

Really. None. Even if the opinion is 100% wrong.

I agree that there is no threat of libel in this case, but making untrue statements could land someone in big trouble.

I agree that there is no threat of libel in this case, but making untrue statements could land someone in big trouble.

I think the standard is this..... you have to do say/print something false 'knowingly' and 'maliciously'....

And since Bob may have an injury history that seems, perhaps, suspect, that's all a person would have to point to....

The poster **thinks** he's got a reasonable suspicion. Libel laws are different and much tougher in other countries, like England. But here in America -- especially for a public figure like Bob Sanders -- very, very, very difficult to prove libel.

Weather he did do performance enhancing drugs or not, the man is titled to his own opinions, just like you are, It's just like me saying "Andrew Luck has bosley written all over his neck beard"

Weather he did do performance enhancing drugs or not, the man is titled to his own opinions, just like you are, It's just like me saying "Andrew Luck has bosley written all over his neck beard"

I think it's different when claiming something about an athlete taking steroids. Yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions, but to claim an athlete is taking PEDs is a strong claim. It's like me claiming a cop is crooked or a doctor is withholding treatment from patients.

I think it's different when claiming something about an athlete taking steroids. Yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions, but to claim an athlete is taking PEDs is a strong claim. It's like me claiming a cop is crooked or a doctor is withholding treatment from patients.

I'm pretty sure the doctor thing is worse than an NFL player taking steroids or what have you. BUT all he said was "He has PED's written all over him your biceps don't keep tearing like that."

Maybe it was wrong of him to say that, but once again we are all in-titled to our own opinions, and by the looks of it your a Bob Sanders fan (who isn't?) so you took it to the heart.

I can't believe there is anybody that would say "Yeah, bring him in on a 1 yr. performance based contract". Are you kidding me? The guy is made of glass and shatters when a fly farts on him. He had way more chances than he ever deserved in the 1st place. Yes, when Bob was healthy, he was great. Unfortunately, that was hardly ever. I wouldn't sign him if he would play for free because he would inevitably just be taking a roster spot from somebody that could actually contribute on the field.

I'm pretty sure the doctor thing is worse than an NFL player taking steroids or what have you. BUT all he said was "He has PED's written all over him your biceps don't keep tearing like that."

Maybe it was wrong of him to say that, but once again we are all in-titled to our own opinions, and by the looks of it your a Bob Sanders fan (who isn't?) so you took it to the heart.

haha yeah, that's true. But I feel that way about all players. These guys put hours and hours of training into their jobs. They spend hours in the weight room and film room and practice field so they can become bigger, faster, stronger, and make more plays. If a guy said something like that about Peyton, I would take it to heart. If someone said something like that about even a player I don't like, say Roethlisberger or Jonathan Vilma, I'd say the same thing. I think it's wrong to make an unsubstantiated claim about anyone who puts a lot of time and effort into making sure they do their job well

PEDs destroy a body. Shame because he was a good safety when healthy. Elite run defender, average to below average pass coverage. Coach Cower saw that and attacked Sanders' sub-par pass coverage in the most painful of all Colts' losses. Good luck with your libel suit. Interesting legal analysis.

PEDs destroy a body. Shame because he was a good safety when healthy. Elite run defender, average to below average pass coverage. Coach Cower saw that and attacked Sanders' sub-par pass coverage in the most painful of all Colts' losses. Good luck with your libel suit. Interesting legal analysis.

Your wrong Bob was a good pass defender as well The steelers picked on MIKE DOSS! who was a good player as well!

Bob Sanders was a great Saftey on a pretty bad defense Love Safties that hit & he did. Problem with Bob was he went all out ALL the time He is a small guy who was asked to tackle way to much becuase of are undersized front. Was my favriote Colt when he played we played the same postion & my # was also 21. But I wore it for Rick Volk another fine Colt saftey. Miss Bob but I think he is done. 4 years in a row injuried & other years as well. When healthey he was as good as ANYONE!

PEDs destroy a body.

This is antiquated thinking. Some PEDs are damaging to the body, but others can actually be beneficial for you when used properly.

As it pertains to Bob Sanders, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he used something illicit. That goes for pretty much any athlete these days, unfortunately. But as it stands, there's nothing linking him to PEDs: no failed tests, no money trail, no trainer who was involved in PED administration, no mysterious trips to Mexico, nothing. The only reason people keep saying Bob might have used PEDs is because he had big biceps and suffered ruptures, and that's similar to some people who have used steroids. But the thing is that everyone who suffers a biceps rupture isn't using PEDs. That's an unfair link to make without any evidence that he did something wrong.

Mathis tweeted out a while ago about Bob

ROBERT MATHIS@RobertMathis98

good seeing my friend n former teammate #BoBSanders while out on westcoast. He Still looks ready to buckle the chinstrap &#RockSnotBoxes!!!

Expand

-July 15th

Yes! I think Bob has a few good years left in him if he can stay healthy. Yeah, he is older, but since he was on IR for so many games, he hasn't had the wear and tear on his body that other players have had.