Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Travis Henry Reinstated To NFL. Your Thoughts?

krunk

NFL | Travis Henry reinstated Mon Aug 6, 12:46 PM

The NFL has conditionally reinstated former NFL RB Travis Henry, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Link to story

Travis Henry player page

I'm NOT sure if I'm serious about this so don't whip me too bad for bringing this one up, but I wanted to start some conversation for the heck of it!

Looks like Travis Henry has been reinstated back into the NFL. It's been a while since he has played, but everyone knows he used to be a pretty good running back when he was in the league. Should we pick him up and dump Donald Brown? Travis Henry, Delone Carter, and Vick Ballard potential trio?

I know he's not the typical type that we would have on this team due to character issues and baggage,

but hey sometimes people change once they've been away for a while and learned life lessons.

Former nfl running back travis henry is being conditionally reinstated by the nfl according to a league source with knowledge of situation

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL)

August 6, 2012

I'll take 'NO' for a thousand, Alex!

I don't want Henry on the roster.

If the team wants Brown on the roster, then I'm fine with it too.

Just because Brown has not proved his worth as a 1st rounder, doesn't mean he shouldn't be on the team.

If Brown had been picked in a lesser round by another General Manager there would be much less hate hurled in his direction.

When used correctly, he can still be an effective weapon for us....

I'll take 'NO' for a thousand, Alex!

I don't want Henry on the roster.

If the team wants Brown on the roster, then I'm fine with it too.

Just because Brown has not proved his worth as a 1st rounder, doesn't mean he shouldn't be on the team.

If Brown had been picked in a lesser round by another General Manager there would be much less hate hurled in his direction.

When used correctly, he can still be an effective weapon for us....

He hasn't had his Chance to Shine with Addai starting over him. But when he did get in, he made an Impact. Ex: That 80 yd Run he had. (Yes, that's probably a once in a lifetime thing, but it still happened lol)

No to "personal issue" players, says me every time a player like this is suggested. Everything this coaching staff has been touting is a close, bortherhood locker room. Guys who are selfish and can't follow rules and protocol, disrupt that family.

No to "personal issue" players, says me every time a player like this is suggested. Everything this coaching staff has been touting is a close, bortherhood locker room. Guys who are selfish and can't follow rules and protocol, disrupt that family.

I don't think henry was a disruptive player per his attitude, but he made some stupid decisions regarding women and his method of putting out the financial fires that are caused by multiple women and babies.

Overall, yes he was a fool at the time.

I don't think henry was a disruptive player per his attitude, but he made some stupid decisions regarding women and his method of putting out the financial fires that are caused by multiple women and babies.

Overall, yes he was a fool at the time.

Exactly. If you are not responsible to your family outside of the team, why would you be responsible to your family inside of the team. Jmo.

Exactly. If you are not responsible to your family outside of the team, why would you be responsible to your family inside of the team. Jmo.

I get where you are coming from, but playing devils advocate there are people on nfl teams right now who

are good team mates, but on the outside they are not taking care of their children, or mishandling their wives.

Antonio Chromrartie for example. He's got a slew of children and baby mommas, so much so they came to him

with an offer to do a reality television show about the issue.

http://gossiponthis.com/2012/04/18/antonio-cromartie-says-no-to-reality-show-about-his-10-kids-from-8-different-women/

I won't necessarily say Chromrartie doesn't take care of his kids, but I'm sure he didn't purposely go and have kids with so

many different women. He certainly mishandled that situation though!

Hmm, yeah, but he didn't purposely avoid the situations either.

Said it before and I will say it again Brown is not the problem, The problem has been the lack of consistent holes that have not been opened up by the O Line, Brown ran for 2093 yards his senior year in college, the guy can run and he can run between the tackles even thought thats not what he is best at, we dont need Henry

He hasn't had his Chance to Shine with Addai starting over him. But when he did get in, he made an Impact. Ex: That 80 yd Run he had. (Yes, that's probably a once in a lifetime thing, but it still happened lol)

lol. With how many times Addai has limped off the field, he's had way more playtime than most back-ups.

Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm leaving this forum. I have never shown hostility towards anyone on these boards (until now), but I most definitely have felt, while not directly, a less than receptive environment. I observe any opinion, no matter how outlandish in my eyes. I've noticed many people here don't hold the same standard, and can completely disregard someone else's opinion if it conflicts with their own. All the people who have given me a cute 1-star on my profile because you disagree with some of my opinions, can, quite frankly, embrace my rear. Apparently you cannot have an open-minded discussion with many people here, because it seems some people love their Indianapolis Colts more than the game of football itself. I'll go ahead and appease you, the ones who have a blind adoration for your team, whilst seemingly not sharing the same passion for the game itself. Please, allow me put on my #1 FAN foam hand and disregard anything that makes my favorite team look anything less than immortal.

1. Peyton Manning is the best ever, bar-none. Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Otto Graham... not even close AT ALL. If there is any other quarterback that can even be considered as the best ever, it's Johnny Unitas.

2. Tony Dungy not only deserves to be in Canton, but he was as good as Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, Bill Belichick, Tom Landry, and John Madden. That Dungy era was a dynasty. Disregard what that guy Jim Mora did, it wasn't like Mora, Irsay, or Polian set Dungy up for success.

3. Donald Brown CAN be a feature back. He's the future of the running game! He only sat behind a brittle halfback for years, and couldn't take over as starter. Compound that with the fact that he was drafted in the first round, and it totally proves he's not a bust, and he is a legitimate starter. I mean, Joseph Addai was the second coming of Edgerrin James. And he totally lived up to it, too. Joseph Addai lasted a whole SIX seasons in the NFL. And he ALMOST managed to start in 2/3's of those games! Just think, Donald Brown might be as good as that! How could Donald have started over him. It's obvious, Donald just can't compete with that amount of raw talent! I mean, three seasons just can't be enough to prove your talent over a man of that caliber.

4. Done. I hope you guys are more receptive to new members in the future, because you totally don't come off as believing your ideas and opinions are better than others.

Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm leaving this forum. I have never shown hostility towards anyone on these boards (until now), but I most definitely have felt, while not directly, a less than receptive environment. I observe any opinion, no matter how outlandish in my eyes. I've noticed many people here don't hold the same standard, and can completely disregard someone else's opinion if it conflicts with their own. All the people who have given me a cute 1-star on my profile because you disagree with some of my opinions, can, quite frankly, embrace my rear. Apparently you cannot have an open-minded discussion with many people here, because it seems some people love their Indianapolis Colts more than the game of football itself. I'll go ahead and appease you, the ones who have a blind adoration for your team, whilst seemingly not sharing the same passion for the game itself. Please, allow me put on my #1 FAN foam hand and disregard anything that makes my favorite team look anything less than immortal.

1. Peyton Manning is the best ever, bar-none. Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Otto Graham... not even close AT ALL. If there is any other quarterback that can even be considered as the best ever, it's Johnny Unitas.

2. Tony Dungy not only deserves to be in Canton, but he was as good as Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, Bill Belichick, Tom Landry, and John Madden. That Dungy era was a dynasty. Disregard what that guy Jim Mora did, it wasn't like Mora, Irsay, or Polian set Dungy up for success.

3. Donald Brown CAN be a feature back. He's the future of the running game! He only sat behind a brittle halfback for years, and couldn't take over as starter. Compound that with the fact that he was drafted in the first round, and it totally proves he's not a bust, and he is a legitimate starter. I mean, Joseph Addai was the second coming of Edgerrin James. And he totally lived up to it, too. Joseph Addai lasted a whole SIX seasons in the NFL. And he ALMOST managed to start in 2/3's of those games! Just think, Donald Brown might be as good as that! How could Donald have started over him. It's obvious, Donald just can't compete with that amount of raw talent! I mean, three seasons just can't be enough to prove your talent over a man of that caliber.

4. Done. I hope you guys are more receptive to new members in the future, because you totally don't come off as believing your ideas and opinions are better than others.

No. Please. Don't. Stay.

Yeah, thanks. You are very accepting. While that wasn't intended for everybody, that was most certainly intended for you. I think you just gave me a fine example of what I was referring to in that post.

I've no idea what you're speaking of. I asked you not to leave.

Several times, in fact.