Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade DT Ollie Ogbu for...............(Merge)

coltsguy510

Looking at the list......Which three? unless your taking into account our safeties to

I was.

Thomas might be all right though. I just don't like the fact that we have guys who've been burned everywhere they play getting on to the field. Justin King? Give me back Lacey... jeez.

He has only play in 10 games in his career, and has 8 career taclkes.

He has been on six differnet teams, including the Colts. Went undrafted in 2009. He did win the SWAC Defensice MVP award in the 2007 championship.

He probably won't be on the team, and Ollie probably would have been better to keep.

I was.

Thomas might be all right though. I just don't like the fact that we have guys who've been burned everywhere they play getting on to the field. Justin King? Give me back Lacey... jeez.

well at least we are making moves, this is likely an attempt to get faster in the secondary, at least that my guess

He has only play in 10 games in his career, and has 8 career taclkes.

He has been on six differnet teams, including the Colts. Went undrafted in 2009. He did win the SWAC Defensice MVP award in the 2007 championship.

He probably won't be on the team, and Ollie probably would have been better to keep.

Either way Ogbu was out eventually so might as well get something for him,

Signing Jason Shirley deepened our DT rotation, making Ogbu expendable. He was never likely to make the team anyways. This move will either not matter at all, or Williams winds up being a serviceable member of the secondary. Most likely, both players miss the final cut.

I really like what Grigs is doing. Maybe these players he is trading for amount to nothing. But I love how he is trading players like Ogbu and Chris Gronkowski, who really don't fit the new scheme anyways and have little chance to make the team, for positions where there is a chance the guy coming back in return might have a chance since it is a weaker position. I am not a big free agent or trade fan in building a team, unless it is mid to lower level guys who don't cost much. But based on the draft and the moves he has made, I think Grigs is showing what he has.

By my count, we now have 11 CBs on the roster. 12 if you count Chism, who apparently the Colts don't know if he's a CB or where he went to college.

After Powers, Thomas, and Rucker, the talent is all untested or cast offs. So I wouldn't consider this guy 'camp fodder'. He has a good a chance to make the team as 9 other guys IMHO.

Roster moves like this happen (IMO) when the team knows that one player is not going to work out, but another player might (even though the chances are slim)...do this enough times (cutting or trading) and you might eventually land a good player.