Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade DT Ollie Ogbu for...............(Merge)

coltsguy510

.... wow! Been gone most of the day and I return to find out we've made a trade (yes, a very small one) but that no one has posted about it.

It's over on the Colts.com section of this website.... and it's on the front page of the website....

So, I thought for sure SOMEONE would have posted it here. The surprise is the someone is...... me?

Anyway, we pick up a back-up Corner from Philly, for a back-up DT that we had that, frankly, I didn't even know was on our roster until today's announcement that we traded him. Never saw anyone mention his name in a post. No disrespect intended.

Read on for names and details:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/COLTS-OBTAIN-JOHNSON-IN-TRADE/f0fa0c77-f009-4d68-933f-949e01728925

I think this was a good trade. D.J. Johnson for Ollie Ogbu, Ogbu has been on the roster since last year, I think he spent most of last season on the practice squad and I don't think he has that much experience but Johnson has experience. Althuogh he wont be a starter he can contribute if he proves himself in camp.

OK....

I'm officially an *. I didn't recognize the other thread because I'm an * and didn't look at it closely enough!!!

OK.... let's get back to the real world.... the one where we know that all of you are on top of your game and there was indeed another thread that I was too much of an * to see. Yeah, that world!!

Sheeeesh!!

Did I forget to mention what an * I am?!? Hmmm? Did I??? :slaphead: :facepalm::bored::rollseyes:

EDIT NOTE: I'm now looking at my own post and I realize that the word '*' is now blanked out.

Really? It's not a swear word or profane in any way. And it's automatically deleted? Even when I call myself that? Really? REALLY??? (I might be dumber than I think!!) :slaphead: :facepalm::bored::rollseyes:

A trade like this could happen for a lot of different reasons, some of which might not be apparent right now...

But maybe one reason may be apparent now...

Over on NFL.com the site reports that Eagles DT Mike Patterson who had a brain aneurism last year is going to be held out of practice for an unknown period of time... but it might last into the early part of the regular season. Now the guy we traded is NOT going to replace Mike Patterson... but he might be a roster guy for the early part of camp as they need warm bodies to fill in for Patterson.

And/or, it could also mean that we have a corner with a minor health issue... hamstring, ankle, shoulder... something that renders the player at less than 100%. So, from Grigson's perspective, another body can only help with all the reps were going to need on both sides of the ball...

Apologies if it feels like I'm stating the obvious... maybe so... maybe not... Either way... rookie camp Wednesday.... Veterans camp Sunday.... better days ahead! :thmup:

OK....

I'm officially an *. I didn't recognize the other thread because I'm an * and didn't look at it closely enough!!!

OK.... let's get back to the real world.... the one where we know that all of you are on top of your game and there was indeed another thread that I was too much of an * to see. Yeah, that world!!

Sheeeesh!!

Did I forget to mention what an * I am?!? Hmmm? Did I??? :slaphead: :facepalm::bored::rollseyes:

EDIT NOTE: I'm now looking at my own post and I realize that the word '*' is now blanked out.

Really? It's not a swear word or profane in any way. And it's automatically deleted? Even when I call myself that? Really? REALLY??? (I might be dumber than I think!!) :slaphead: :facepalm::bored::rollseyes:

lol I forgive you.

Yeah camp body for camp body.......at least till proven different

I don't know why everyone keeps saying camp body. It's not like we have any depth at CB. Three that should make the team and then a bunch of rookies and cast offs. This guy has a good a chance as 8 others.