Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ocho Cinco Cut by Pats should Colts sign him?

sixfive

I believe for the right price YES. I have never heard of him being a virus in the locker room. I think he could help with the process of bringing Luck along with Reggie and the cast. Dont beat me up, just wondering what Colts Nation thinks. Colts Strong

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad Johnson is a hard worker of his craft and is a precise route runner it would be nice to have him here as another option for Luck but word is Avery looks good in OTAs so who knows I wouldn't mind it if we brought him in wouldn't lose no sleep if we didn't. Same goes for Aaron Kampman who was released by the jags today also wouldn't mind him backing up Freeney wouldnt lose any sleep if we didn't

I hear everyone but he is still a good receiver as someone stated earlier. With Chad on one side and Reggie on the other it would open the slot up; for Collie and Avery. That is asking alot for a defense to cover. It would be like Marvin and Reggie again. I know Chad is no Marvin but he demands that respect.

If he would sign a 1 year for vet min, why not? He would be worth it just for the entertainment factor, and he is a really nice guy. I mean that man buys dinner for random people at the city hes playing in.

If he would sign a 1 year for vet min, why not? He would be worth it just for the entertainment factor, and he is a really nice guy. I mean that man buys dinner for random people at the city hes playing in.

I'm with you on the league min. Chad still has some in the tank. He didn't really play in NE, because they were stocked with proven guys. The Colts have one proven guy Reggie not knocking Collie but he has been in the training room a bit , Avery rehab knee. Putting Chad in the mix will give the receving crop field credit.

I'm with you Lebron, can you see it Reggie, Chad and Collie or Avery in the slot. Crazy and Fleener at TE. There are not enough DB's on the field to cover. Someone will be open. It would just depend on Mr Luck to find them. The line looks as it is going to beast, so I would see that as being TOOOOUUUCCCHHHDDDOOOWWWNNN Colts

I'm with you Lebron, can you see it Reggie, Chad and Collie or Avery in the slot. Crazy and Fleener at TE. There are not enough DB's on the field to cover. Someone will be open. It would just depend on Mr Luck to find them. The line looks as it is going to beast, so I would see that as being TOOOOUUUCCCHHHDDDOOOWWWNNN Colts

You know? If life had a selective 'way back' button, I'd be all in.

As soon as I heard of this on the radio, I figured I'd see such a thread.

Anyway, NO. I could deal with less tweets, not more.

And that's not the only reason.

I still think there should be a separate forum for the "Let's sign (fill in the FA du jour)" threads.

That being said, I wouldn't mind another vet on the team. He's not a problem, he has tons of experience, and he may be pretty cheap. Apparently he couldn't learn the complicated Pats offense. I don't think ours will be that esoteric this year.

Still, won't happen.

Pass. A crybaby Prima donna Who will complain about not getting the ball enough. That is exactly what andrew luck will need for his development.

Chad was never a cry baby. Chad and Palmer had that kind of relationship. When he was with the Pats he wasn't a cry baby he stayed out of the news. So with that being said I believe that would contine with the Colts because he would be one of the guy the young players can look up to.

Lots of No, but no explainations on why. I find this curious.

Under the right circumstances, I'd be all for it. Vet Min, or close to.

Couldn't hurt the team, so why not bring him in.

For a little comparison:

Chad: 166Games, 766 Rec, 11059yds, 67TD

Reggie:173games, 862rec, 11708yds, 73TD

For a little comparison:

That is what I'm saying NO and no reason why. He would fit because the slate is clean. new system. New team. It would be like the first day of school. You cant wait to show off your cloths.

I believe for the right price YES. I have never heard of him being a virus in the locker room. I think he could help with the process of bringing Luck along with Reggie and the cast. Dont beat me up, just wondering what Colts Nation thinks. Colts Strong

:no:

For a little comparison:

If he causes headaches and just in general proves to care more about himself than about the team (which the TD celebrations over the years even though they draw flags that hurt the team seems to support) yes it can hurt the team.

Also for a little comparison

Wayne last year playing with Collins, Painter, and Orlovsky. 75 catches 960 yards and 4 TD

Chad last year playing with Brady 15 catches 276 yards and 1 TD.

Character issues aside I am not all that interested in a player who did next to nothing next year when he was playing with one of the best QBs in football. The Pats don't tend to cut players that can still play at a very high level.

Reasons:

• Isn't half as good as he thinks he is.
  • Some would call him a cancer.
  • Would hamper Luck's development more than help it.
  • Would likely want more $ than he is worth.
  • Salary cap isn't exactly liquid with space at this point.
  • Had issues learning the Patriots offense.
  • Tom Brady didn't make him look good, how will Andrew Luck be able to?
  • Me-me-me player
  • Isn't a good fit for a rookie QB.

I think the reason he got released from the Pats was because of him not being a good fit with the team. I don't think it's that he doesn't have enough talent....but

with that being said, I wouldn't want him. He's going to ask for a lot, and even if he doesn't, he'll just be a distraction and the Colts don't want any distractions for Luck. Also, from watching him in the Pats' practices, he looks sloppy and lazy. The only reason I might consider Ocho is if the Colts get the old Ocho, and that won't happen.

NO TO OCHO!!

Nope, not needed. He can stay on Twitter. No reason for him to be in Lucas Oil Stadium, unless he is on the Opposing Team. There comes a time in a person's Life, when they just have to accept that they're no longer a Factor in the NFL

He still is a good receiver. He just couldn't get on the same page as Brady with all the option routes and such. He isn't a pro bowler any more but he has always been known as a good teammate and fun personality. If he is willing to play for something like that of Randy Moss's contract or less I say go for it. Whats the worst thing that can happen. He throws a fit and we cut him? To me he would be an upgrade over Avery any day of the week. Even with last years numbers lol.

I don't understand why so many people on here are so against signing free agents. What if we did sign him and he looked like his old self and was around 1000 yards for a vet minimum contract? Not saying that would happen but if it did everyone saying we shouldn't sign him would be singing a different tune. Look what T.O. did his last year with the Bengals. I'm not saying I want them to sign him but I just don't get why so many people are against us signing a free agent. Yea it gets annoying that every time someone is cut theres a new thread about it but no matter who it is half the posters on here are like "OMGGGGG NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! THERES ABSOLUTELY NO WAY HE CAN BE GOOD ON OUR TEAM!!!!!"

I don't understand why so many people on here are so against signing free agents. What if we did sign him and he looked like his old self and was around 1000 yards for a vet minimum contract? Not saying that would happen but if it did everyone saying we shouldn't sign him would be singing a different tune. Look what T.O. did his last year with the Bengals. I'm not saying I want them to sign him but I just don't get why so many people are against us signing a free agent. Yea it gets annoying that every time someone is cut theres a new thread about it but no matter who it is half the posters on here are like "OMGGGGG NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! THERES ABSOLUTELY NO WAY HE CAN BE GOOD ON OUR TEAM!!!!!"

Personally I don't have an issue with signing free agents. I have an issue with signing an older player who did nothing last year even though he played with one of the best QBs in football and who has been a bit of a product of his self hype and also has a track record of caring more about himself than the team.

I was in favor of the other free agents we signed this off-season.

Personally I don't have an issue with signing free agents. I have an issue with signing an older player who did nothing last year even though he played with one of the best QBs in football and who has been a bit of a product of his self hype and also has a track record of caring more about himself than the team.

I was in favor of the other free agents we signed this off-season.

Yea I mean I don't necessarily want Ocho I was just making a point that theres so many negative nancy's on here

He still is a good receiver. He just couldn't get on the same page as Brady with all the option routes and such. He isn't a pro bowler any more but he has always been known as a good teammate and fun personality. If he is willing to play for something like that of Randy Moss's contract or less I say go for it. Whats the worst thing that can happen. He throws a fit and we cut him? To me he would be an upgrade over Avery any day of the week. Even with last years numbers lol.

DG,

I will acknowledge that Chad Johnson is not completely washed up or a scrub, but veteran leadership is Chad's only real value in my judgement as a WR & Reggie Wayne more than occupies & fulfills that role perfectly IMO. Even at a bargain basement price, I would pass on Chad personally.

I still value your knack for clever GM front office moves though DG.