Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

recent Irsay tweets

HtownColt

Here is Irsay tweeting again

"Franchise is taking shape..3rd Receiver and 2nd Corner must emerge..much progress in Free Agency n Draft...Def Front 7 could impress new 3-4"

"Let's have Pacers beat Heat in 7 n have Colts sneak n2 playoffs with Rook QB and a few wiley,angry Vets,with big assist from 12th n 6th man!"

Welcome to today's NFL. Every team from the in the league, from the New York Giants to the St Louis Rams, has question marks where they'll need someone to "step up".......or positions where a single injury will weaken the team.

We're in no different position than anyone else.

I don't think Powers is it either. He's serviceable, but more of a zone corner not man to man

He may have been injured for a few games every season thus far.........but honestly how can ANYONE say that he isn't a good man-to-man corner with the "Coyer Cushion" that was utilized the last few years?

Give him and Rucker/Thomas a chance to play man before declaring them incompetant!

dont judge our cbs because that lame defense is what made them look bad. no cb can excel when they give up a 10 yard cushion because any qb can beat them by hitting the wr on quick curls, slants, and comeback routes.

We can't fix it all in one offseason. We brought a few guys in for the o line too.

And Luck SHOULD be better then what we had last year at QB. Will help the o line out too.

Yeah, if he takes a 2 step drop and checks down to the TE. Which might work the first couple of times.

Yeah, if he takes a 2 step drop and checks down to the TE. Which might work the first couple of times.

I don't care what anyone says. Luck will make mistakes, yes. But, if you watched every single Colts game last year from start to finish you realize the horror of the QB play involved. Or at least that is how I felt.

I don't care what anyone says. Luck will make mistakes, yes. But, if you watched every single Colts game last year from start to finish you realize the horror of the QB play involved. Or at least that is how I felt.

I was referring to him "helping" the O-line. If they are as bad as people on here are saying, he'll have very little time to get rid of the ball most of the time.

I was referring to him "helping" the O-line. If they are as bad as people on here are saying, he'll have very little time to get rid of the ball most of the time.

They are not great. But, I don't think they are nearly as bad as some make it sound here. People think everything we have is the worst at times lately. The o line is actually an area I feel could improve. Really.

They are not great. But, I don't think they are nearly as bad as some make it sound here. People think everything we have is the worst at times lately. The o line is actually an area I feel could improve. Really.

Well yeah, if you're at the bottom, you can't go anywhere but up...:P

Were going to have 3 new starters maybe 4 on the Oline(Satele,Justice,Ijilana(full-time starter now), and/or McGlynn, heck hayworth hicks might be in the running for a guard spot) so how do you know they are going to be garbage together? Nobody will know until preseason and 1st game. Time will tell soon 3 and a half more months

You took the words out of my mouth Mr. Bundy!

I don't think Powers is it either. He's serviceable, but more of a zone corner not man to man

#2 CB? how bout finding a legit #1 CB? powers aint it.

Powers is better at this point in his career than Harper and Hayden were.

these tweets seem to be aimed at two purposes:

1. Tell the fans that Collie is a lock at #2 reciever and...

2. Step back from the expectation-limiting comments about 6 years to the first playoff win

I don't think it matters, but he creates more questions than he answers, kinda keeps the offseason interesting during these lulls...

and did I mention.... Playoffs?... Playoffs!?!

2. Step back from the expectation-limiting comments about 6 years to the first playoff win

I don't think it matters, but he creates more questions than he answers, kinda keeps the offseason interesting during these lulls...

Your avatar is ironic.

Luck does have a quick release, great speed and throws well on the run... I don't know about making the O-Line look good, but he won't be a Kerry Collins sitting duck/statue in the pocket, either.. so I expect the sacks to be fairly low regardless of O-Line chemestry,

Luck does have a quick release, great speed and throws well on the run... I don't know about making the O-Line look good, but he won't be a Kerry Collins sitting duck/statue in the pocket, either.. so I expect the sacks to be fairly low regardless of O-Line chemestry,

Great. Like I said the 2 step drop and throw will only work so much. My guess is he'll be running and throwing a lot.

That because those comments weren't directed at the Colts. More towards an ex-player(s).

Well yeah, if you're at the bottom, you can't go anywhere but up... :P

Vance, I agree the o-line needs some tweaking yet, but bubble screens, check downs, & Luck's quick release of the ball will alleviate some o-line weaknesses for our squad overall IMO.

"Let's have Pacers beat Heat in 7 n have Colts sneak n2 playoffs with Rook QB and a few wiley,angry Vets,with big assist from 12th n 6th man!"

Well the Pacers won tonight. Good work Jim. Maybe he can put some curses on Miami. :) Or maybe he has? haha