Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the colts return to a no huddle offense?

SilentHill

I have been pondering this for a while. I understand the short term answer may be no, however I have always been a big fan of the no huddle. Luck has the brainpower to make it happen, but will the new coaching staff agree even if it is a year or two down the line?

I have been pondering this for a while. I understand the short term answer may be no, however I have always been a big fan of the no huddle. Luck has the brainpower to make it happen, but will the new coaching staff agree even if it is a year or two down the line?

Not to make everything about "Luck vs Peyton", but can someone refresh my memory? When did we start going no huddle with Peyton? Not just in the two minute offense, but on a regular 'as we felt like it' basis?

Not to make everything about "Luck vs Peyton", but can someone refresh my memory? When did we start going no huddle with Peyton? Not just in the two minute offense, but on a regular 'as we felt like it' basis?

Wasn't for quite awhile as I remember.

And certainly no rookie QB can go no huddle against a pro defense. I'd be a massacre.

I can see a little sugar type huddle at times, maybe calling a couple of plays at the line. i THINK IT WILL BE AWHILE BEFORE WE SEE FLAT OUT NO HUDDLE AND HOPEFULLY WE WONT HAVE TO SCORE 35 A GAME TO WIN. Sorry for the caps.

Our no huddle offense took 43 secs to line up.Peyton would even comment on our so called no huddle.

It's not a matter of Luck being able to do it. He did it a couple times at Stanford under Harbaugh, But Harbaugh wouldn't relinquish control. When Harbaugh left Shaw set into motion for Luck to run the Huddle. He did and quite well. If Arians and Pagano have it in there heart to continue any similar type of Colt footbal, but with a twist, it will be when Luck has (a good part of) the playbook in memory, and the speed of the NFL isn't as fast as when he it was at first snap.

I don't know the time limit, but I think it will happen sooner rather than later.

I don't think it will happen in Luck's first or second year...maybe for a drive or two, but not for very much. But by his 5 year, I expect us to be running no huddle fairly often. When Peyton was a rookie, he got the playbook on his first day. After practice, he went home, came back the next day, and had the entire playbook memorized. Anyone think Luck will do the same?

Darn it! I just made a Luck/Peyton comparison when I have said many times on this board that the two shouldn't be compared. Well... :corner:

With a relatively young offense with the occasional vet, I doubt they go no-huddle. It took Manning a couple of years, and it will probably take Luck a couple of years. His new to this league and is not expected to master the offense within a couple of months.

My answer is 99% no.

No chance it happens this year. Rookie quarterback with a load of new players across the offense, as good as Luck may be he won't be able to pick apart NFL defenses straight off and have his teammates all pull it off perfectly. Give it a couple of years and we'll probably be doing it.

only in the two minute offense. especially when Arians isnt that big on no huddle he rarely let big Ben do it and some Steelers fans hated him for it..the entire offense has to know that playbook like the back of they hand to even consider running no huddle the whole game..one mistake can lead to a sack,fumble, or interception..doubt arians put all that pressure on his new offense early maybe 3 yrs from now if the core group stays together(Luck,Castanzo,Ijilana,Satele,Collie,Fleener,allen,Brown,Carter,Hilton)

What is the real question here? Will they run the no huddle offense that the Colts consistently ran as their core offense with Manning? Probably not. Maybe never. But the Colts will most assuredly run the no huddle in end of half situations and at times when they just want to speed up the pace of the game or to keep certain defensive personnel on the field. And that will happen as early as the first game of the regular season.

only in the two minute offense. especially when Arians isnt that big on no huddle he rarely let big Ben do it and some Steelers fans hated him for it..the entire offense has to know that playbook like the back of they hand to even consider running no huddle the whole game..one mistake can lead to a sack,fumble, or interception..doubt arians put all that pressure on his new offense early maybe 3 yrs from now if the core group stays together(Luck,Castanzo,Ijilana,Satele,Collie,Fleener,allen,Brown,Carter,Hilton)

^^^^^ This.

Orlovsky ran the no huddle a couple times... all it is is a two minute drill. Luck will run it his first year but it will most likely be very late on in the season and in games they're about to lose.

It needs to be part of the arsenal.

Will Luck be able to run it as good now as he can in year 15(since that's a given), Of course not.

It will be a smaller package of plays that he and his weapons are more familiar with and hopefully it is utilized at various points just to keep a defense off guard.

Eli Manning early, on looked better in the 2 minute drills, and in the no-huddle because he was calling plays he was most comfortable with. He didn't have the full offense at his disposal at that point in time, but he did have a package and it has expanded each year.

The same should be done here.

Agree it should be done,but with nearly a whole new Off and coaching staff might be hard for all to get on the same page.I definitely agree with Jim that with a smaller package it could be accomplished.We need practice practice practice.Cmon TC i cannot wait.

No......That's something you add later.

We have too many new parts to the machine

oh and I forgot to mention, with Manning, Tom Moore, Dungy, Caldwell, Polian and almost the entire team cut and kicked to the curb, I don't see us running no huddle ever again. ever.

shame really.

No matter how boring and painful it's gonna be to watch, the main goal is execution of plays, no matter how lethargic the flow will be.