Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton expected duties

HtownColt

According to him his duties will be:

The Colts said they want to put me in the slot, move me around outside, get me on kickoff and punt returns. They want to utilize me a lot.”

very very interesting he is going to be a top notch playmaker in this league in the future

Such a weird name; T.Y. I'm just gonna call him Ty.

Hopefully he's as good as Percy Harvin.....without the migraines.

Yeah, I can't find what it, if anything, it stands for. His first name is Eugene.

His dad's name is Tyrone. I just don't know what the Y would stand for.

I know my friend who likes the Browns wanted him in Cleveland badly. A draftnik type guy.

This was a great pick. He will have a better career than Garcon.

I like him too But no way he compares or replaces Garcon. Garcon plays big and is a genuine #1 or #2 wideout.T.Y. is a slot receiver who will also return kicks.Garcon can take big hits.Will T.Y. be able to take the violent nature of the NFL?

I like him too But no way he compares or replaces Garcon. Garcon plays big and is a genuine #1 or #2 wideout.T.Y. is a slot receiver who will also return kicks.Garcon can take big hits.Will T.Y. be able to take the violent nature of the NFL?

Not many small speedsters can take the big hits,hope he does well size reminds me of Wilkins.

I agree with the poster who mentioned Marvin. They ought to make this guy watch film for days/weeks on Harrison. He would appear to be the kind guy with the speed to be tough to handle...IF...he learns to run routes like Marvin and develops the rapport with Luck.

He'll surprise a lot of doubters. He's got incredible play making ability. Like Garcon, he can take a slant and turn it into a 60-yard TD. In addition, he's an exciting punt and kick returner. I think this was a great pick, and in a years time, we'll be able to appreciate it.

He'll surprise a lot of doubters. He's got incredible play making ability. Like Garcon, he can take a slant and turn it into a 60-yard TD. In addition, he's an exciting punt and kick returner. I think this was a great pick, and in a years time, we'll be able to appreciate it.

I hope you're right because if he's "replacing" Garcon there are a few things he's likely not going to be able to do. I don't expect to see him grab someone by the face and run him into the ground. He might however be able to chase down Ed Reed and dislodge an interception if he's strong enough.

What I really hope for this kid is that he doesn't have a case of the drops on those slant routes, but can still circus catch with the best of them.

I wish we had gone with a more proven player like Nick Toon at this spot. Very few small school players pan out.

He produced against top level teams its plenty of successful receivers his size(Steve Smith, Steve Smith Car(but plays like hes 6'6),Greg Jennings, DeSean Jackson, Wes Welker, Eddie Royal, Devin Hester,Santana Moss, Antonio Brown, Jacoby Ford, Emmanuel Sanders, Kyle Williams, the list goes on all 5'11 or shorter) judging this man before he plays a down is unfair to him and proved to be durable 229 Rec, 3531 Yds, 15.4 Avg, 24 TD

Alabama(96yrd kickoff return td and 5 catches 40yrds),as a freshman

Rutgers(9 catches 80yrds 2 tds)

Florida(4 catches 75yrds) as a freshman

Louiville (7catches 201yrds 2tds)

I hope you're right because if he's "replacing" Garcon there are a few things he's likely not going to be able to do. I don't expect to see him grab someone by the face and run him into the ground. He might however be able to chase down Ed Reed and dislodge an interception if he's strong enough.

What I really hope for this kid is that he doesn't have a case of the drops on those slant routes, but can still circus catch with the best of them.

overpowering people aint his game he's the big play receiver he gets his seperation on his slant, out and hitch routes..and dont let it be a single high safety for andrew luck to take his shots down field..thats why you have these tight ends for to overpower cornerbacks and safeties

Wow, a reverse.

I'd have to check to make sure I was watching the right game.

If the Saints showed anything with Reggie Bush and Darren Sproles, keeping those LBs (and possibly DBs) honest with motion in the backfield results in free releases for the WRs and/or TEs more often. It expands the playbook.

I'd be surprised. Most nicknames come from something and one as weird as that mean something.

This is like the MASH episode trying to figure out B.J. Hunnicutt's initials stand for.

Oh well. I was just curious.

BJ - His mother Bee and his father Jay. So TY must stand for his father Tyrone and his mother ... Yolanda? Yoga? Yellow???

In no way, shape or form is Pierre Garcon a #1 wideout.

Garcon was a 6th round project ... who was working out well. IMHO Wash way over paid, though.

No reason that a faster, less of a project player taken in the 3rd round, not 6th, cannot emerge to be every bit or more of a weapon than Garcon was turning out to be in his 3rd & 4th year.

He produced against top level teams its plenty of successful receivers his size(Steve Smith, Steve Smith Car(but plays like hes 6'6),Greg Jennings, DeSean Jackson, Wes Welker, Eddie Royal, Devin Hester,Santana Moss, Antonio Brown, Jacoby Ford, Emmanuel Sanders, Kyle Williams, the list goes on all 5'11 or shorter) judging this man before he plays a down is unfair to him and proved to be durable 229 Rec, 3531 Yds, 15.4 Avg, 24 TD

Alabama(96yrd kickoff return td and 5 catches 40yrds),as a freshman

Rutgers(9 catches 80yrds 2 tds)

Florida(4 catches 75yrds) as a freshman

Louiville (7catches 201yrds 2tds)

By small school, I meant not very big school, not small receiver.

Santana Moss, and Devin Hester went to Miami, but quite a small school Desean Jackson Cal, and Eddie Royal Virginia Tech.

Hilton is a slot/special teams guy,Nick Toon is a #1,or at worst #2 receiver. Reggie Wayne deal is for 2 years in all reality, Austin Collie is in the final year of his rookie deal. We need to look ahead.

.............agree, and Avery is a big question mark.....Colts absolutely needed to address the position....

Just to make sure you guys are clear you realize his concussions were 2 seasons ago right? You do know that he took hits last year n didnt miss a single snap right? His problems in 2010 have been discussed up and down and most have concluded that his problem was he never truly recovered from the first one which led to the second n on n on.

Back on topic though i think marv proved you dont have to be big in body to be big in playmaking. This kid is wicked fast and should take a decent load off our other threats.

Just to make sure you guys are clear you realize his concussions were 2 seasons ago right? You do know that he took hits last year n didnt miss a single snap right? His problems in 2010 have been discussed up and down and most have concluded that his problem was he never truly recovered from the first one which led to the second n on n on.

Back on topic though i think marv proved you dont have to be big in body to be big in playmaking. This kid is wicked fast and should take a decent load off our other threats.

..........if fans on this board say he's not more susceptable to a future career-ending concussion because he's already had two....that's good enough for me...

Any player is succeptable to a career ending injury in this sport. Many players have had a bad year for concussions n went on to have successful n even HoF careers(that bum qb they have up in GB comes to mind). I didnt say he isnt succeptible i merely stated a reminder that he went all of last season without being unconscious on the ground. That proves that he has regained his ability to take most of the hits in this league(and we all should know it was a rather nasty one that started all of it in the first place).