Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Texans post game

GoColts8818

Coaching is awful. Throwing from your own 7 with 30 seconds left. Just go into halftime tied. 

OL was awful today as well. 

Im just about over the AR experience if the coaching & play calling stands as is. Why are we dropping him back like he’s Joe Montana? 

just upset over the loss. I’ll simmer down shortly 😂

• Like 4

Just now, Flash7 said:

SS is scared to death to run AR, given his injury history. Look, we all agree (mostly) that this is a learning year for AR. Therefor, he needs to stay healthy and on the field. He will not be on the field if he's a dual threat QB. He's proven to be to fragile.

I respectfully disagree. IMO, he needs to learn while being the dual threat that he was drafted to be. If he can't stay healthy doing that, then he's not the long term guy.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

When we use AR legs it’s helps Taylor and opens up the WR. Steichen is such a joke.

It does. And then he misses the rest of the year due to injury. Who does that help?

14 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

Is anyone still under the illusion Richardson will end up being a good enough QB to win a SB?  He has like the worst accuracy of any quarterback I have ever seen.  That doesn't just mysteriously get better.  

Yep. He’s the next Josh Allen didn’t you know that? Prepare for more excuses.

• Like 3

Just now, coltsva said:

I respectfully disagree. IMO, he needs to learn while being the dual threat that he was drafted to be. If he can't stay healthy doing that, then he's not the long term guy.

He's not the long term guy. I can tell you that now, but Ballard needs to see this through.

• Like 2

Nope. This was on Shane 

idc who you blame underneath ballard, 

ballard receives all the blame. This is his team, we are about a decade into this. 

• Like 4

So be it. If he gets hurt he gets hurt. You didn’t draft him to be a pocket passer 

Ballard drafted him and his career is tied to AR. If AR busts, then Ballard is gone. There's no way Ballard wants SS to call plays where AR is putting himself in jeopardy.

• Like 2

Just now, Flash7 said:

Ballard drafted him and his career is tied to AR. If AR busts, then Ballard is gone. There's no way Ballard wants SS to call plays where AR is putting himself in jeopardy.

Bench Richardson  and start Bean

• Like 3

Just now, Flash7 said:

He's not the long term guy. I can tell you that now, but Ballard needs to see this through.

I agree with both statements, but just want to see the second done using all his tools. 

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

that's a very easy question to answer. and I'm sure you know what the answer is

No I don’t. There wasn’t ANY talent advantage. Today was coaching. So maybe that does fall under Ballard but your hate is ridiculous. 

Just now, JTrouble said:

No I don’t. There wasn’t ANY talent advantage. Today was coaching. So maybe that does fall under Ballard but your hate is ridiculous. 

Who hired the coaches? Who selected the players?

• Like 3

Ballard drafted a project QB after we dealt with QB instability for 6 years. 

How can that not be the focus of the discussion? Because our playcaller called some bad plays? Okay? And? He's a proven coach who coached a bad game. AR is a bad quarterback who played a terrible game. 

That's the point. You go through all that strife post-luck, which BALLARD was a part of. He should've known better than to take a question mark at pick 4. 

Ballard is the same guy who wanted Wentz, the same guy who thought Matt Ryan was a good idea. The same guy who overpaid brissett. And he's the same guy that put the most inexperienced guy at QB for a franchise that was reeling for a guy to be the one. 

Same guy that hired this staff, and the previous staff. Same guy that loves 4-3 cover 3 that this forum complains about and scapegoats Gus. Same guy that passed on autry, traded rock ya - sin for 8 trash time sacks. Same GM who let ben banagou sit on the roster for 4 years. Same Guy who's gonna let Zaire and Speed play ILB because they're his guys. It's gross, and everyone arguing about who to blame under ballard is wasting their time. 

% flows down from the top

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JTrouble said:

Are you joking? 

Stroud vs. Richardson - and there isn't ANY talent advantage? what a joke that statement is

• Like 3

First AR looked awful in every aspect.'

Their first third down conversion came at 9:55 in the fourth quarter.

Kelly was called three times for motion.

They really blew this game especially AR's INT at the end of the first half resulting in a Texans TD.

Now their next few games will all be bad news. But the 1-6 Browns beat the Ravens so anything is possible!!

Our WRs dropped the ball today except for Downs

The Oline was the opposite of clutch 

I dont see how anyone could be confident that Anthony is our franchise qb.  He makes so many mistakes with only occasional flashes of being good.

- Its great that AR makes 5-6 throws a game on a rope down the field and generate some "explosives" that others can't.  It also nice that he can get out of a muddy pocket and seemingly effortlessly turn it into a 10-15 yard run.  However, if he cannot routinely take and make the 10-15 yard routes, make accurate throws from the pocket, this offense will be unable to compete at the levels necessary to win in this league.  This game today was ultimately lost because of a substandard passing game/QB play.  

- The defense played a lot better today than week 1.  I thought the down by contact on the fumble was a weak call.  They still are not good enough to carry, overcome inept QB and offensive play against playoff level teams.

- Once again, it looks like another season is headed for the Ballard special: 8-9 wins, no playoffs, no AFC South title, yet enough sales points on his end to carry on like the franchise is headed to building something great that we will all see in a future that never arrives. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Who hired the coaches? Who selected the players?

Look I’m not disputing the coaching today, it was AWFUL, especially the play calling. So if that falls on Ballard (like everything on this board), yes I agree. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Without even reading any of these comments I’ll be taking a break from the forum. Everybody needs to take a deep breath and calm down. I honestly can’t believe some of the stuff I read on here anymore. 

I've taken the deep breath. Didn't work. Going to try something stronger now! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Again, AR shows why he will never be an NFL QB. For it to be a development year there has to be something to develop and there isn't. I think they said today he has the worst completion % in NFL history. He was 2 of 14 at one time today. Ended up around 33% for the game. That's pathetic. He wasn't very good his only year at FL and not very good now. A decent HS QB wouldn't have thrown the halftime pick. He won't be in the league in 2 years. 

If he was a 2nd or 3rd round project, you might feel differently, but he wasn't, he was the 4th overall pick. What a waste. Who are some of the non-QBs picked after him we could have gotten.

• Like 3

Just now, FRW said:

Again, AR shows why he will never be an NFL QB. For it to be a development year there has to be something to develop and there isn't. I think they said today he has the worst completion % in NFL history. He was 2 of 14 at one time today. Ended up around 33% for the game. That's pathetic. He wasn't very good his only year at FL and not very good now. A decent HS QB wouldn't have thrown the halftime pick. He won't be in the league in 2 years. 

If he was a 2nd or 3rd round project, you might feel differently, but he wasn't, he was the 4th overall pick. What a waste. Who are some of the non-QBs picked after him we could have gotten.

We need to turn him into a te

• Like 2

imagine waiting 5-6 years to take a QB, and you take a question mark guy because of his RAS score. 

but yeah, let's fire our promising young HC because he has to game plan for a tradition QB and a running back at QB each week because he never knows when his QB is gonna get injured. 

first time I've ever seen a QB take a playoff because he was out of breath. absolutely insane. the same people in here finger pointing in shane's face are the same blind sighted fans that blame Gus Bradley for any and all 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AR played terribly, every pass does not need to be a deep shot downfield you have to learn to take what’s open underneath. The play-calling was god awful, Shane has to do better. Defense played well , Womack didn’t look so good today he was constantly giving up catches. All in all this game was VERY winnable, we legitimately shot ourselves in the foot. It’s time for AR to stop telling the press that he needs to do better and actually take action on doing so, that interception before the half was completely on him. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKB said:

imagine waiting 5-6 years to take a QB, and you take a question mark guy because of his RAS score. 

but yeah, let's fire our promising young HC because he has to game plan for a tradition QB and a running back at QB each week because he never knows when his QB is gonna get injured. 

first time I've ever seen a QB take a playoff because he was out of breath. absolutely insane. the same people in here finger pointing in shane's face are the same blind sighted fans that blame Gus Bradley for any and all 

Do you not understand you don’t take a QB and try to make him a different player. Steichen is making him something he isn’t.

• Like 1

Colts are failing AR so bad. Stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole

Could not agree more. I’m not sure he’s the answer but the way they are using him is just comical. He’s not joe Montana. I just don’t get it. 

• Like 1