Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cooper Kupp is available for a 2nd. IF they don't trade for him....

ColtAndOrioles

Then Ballard can just resign now because he isn't even trying.  He is the perfect guy for AR to learn and get better.  As sure handed as a WR gets and knows how to get open.

A WR corp of Kupp, Pittman, Pierce, AD and Downs may be the single best WR corp in football.  And don't mention cap space, the Colts have plenty of it.

All for a 2nd round pick?  How many 2nd round picks in the past 8 years are better than Kupp?

This is a no brainer if you really want to help AR develop and would correct the mistake for not trading up and taking Brock Bowers this past draft.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rams-reportedly-looking-to-trade-wr-cooper-kupp-in-exchange-for-second-round-pick-182056168.html

• Like 1

I don't think you guys understand how good Kupp is.  I see him play every week.

He is 5 x better than any WR we have.   And it isn't even close.   Granted...when he is healthy. 

But to teach a QB like AR how to throw a ball, be accurate, and know that the ball will be caught?  He is maybe the best I have ever seen other than Marvin H. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

Cillian Murphy No GIF by ARTEfr

Please tell me moves that Ballard has made in the past 8 years that you believe moved the Colts closer to a SB win, appearance, or even a division championship?  Because none of that has happened.

In 8 years. 

You can't keep hoping for 2nd, 3rd, and 5th round draft picks to turn out.

Kupp is the single best WR I have seen in the NFL since 2000 or so.  And it isn't even close.  His ability to get open is second to none.  Again, he has to stay healthy, but that is why you get him  for a 2nd. 

Time for Ballard to take a chance to help his young QB that Ballards entire future is tied to.

1 minute ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Please tell me moves that Ballard has made in the past 8 years that you believe moved the Colts closer to a SB win, appearance, or even a division championship?  Because none of that has happened.

In 8 years. 

When you can?  I will stop posting. 

People tire of broken records.

The thing is, if AR doesn't turn out?  Ballard is gone anyway.  If I am him I 100% give up a second for Kupp.   He is on the edge of getting fired.   He never makes a move like this.  In the words of Jerry Seinfeld to George Costanza.

Do the opposite. 

Absolute no brainer.  Again....I realize most of you live in the midwest and don't see Kupp a lot.  But I have.  He is a pass catching machine when healthy.  Never seen better. 

The thing is this type of move goes against anything the Colts have done over the years that it seems almost sacrilegious.  Everyone has been conditioned to just draft, pay your own, I trust our guys.

How has that worked out?

This is exactly the type of move to take a team to the next level.

51 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Then Ballard can just resign now because he isn't even trying.  He is the perfect guy for AR to learn and get better.  As sure handed as a WR gets and knows how to get open.

A WR corp of Kupp, Pittman, Pierce, AD and Downs may be the single best WR corp in football.  And don't mention cap space, the Colts have plenty of it.

All for a 2nd round pick?  How many 2nd round picks in the past 8 years are better than Kupp?

This is a no brainer if you really want to help AR develop and would correct the mistake for not trading up and taking Brock Bowers this past draft.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rams-reportedly-looking-to-trade-wr-cooper-kupp-in-exchange-for-second-round-pick-182056168.html

Kupp is on the trade block for that low for a reason. He’s not played to his contract. Pass

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Kupp is on the trade block for that low for a reason. He’s not played to his contract. Pass

I remember hearing that exact same argument about Nelson Cruz when I was begging him to be resigned in 2014 with the Orioles.

Most O's fans said no.  He only went on to hit 250 more HRs with huge RBI totals after he left.

Again, and I don't blame you for saying this as you have not gotten to watch him play, but Kupp is the single best "getting open/pass catcher" I have seen since Harrison.  You guys may poo poo that all that you want to.  But I have seen him play.  He is above and beyond.

For one, it is second round pick.  I mean....most 2nd round don't work out.  Being honest.  Kupp is way better.  And two....the Colts cap can more than absorb this $.

Again I have to ask....if not now?  When?  People keep putting off drafts and signings and years as if it is just coming around the corner.   

Pro tip....it doesn't happen that way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

While I am not opposed to giving the offense every advantage possible   So I am not against it.    But we have a couple 2nd rounders I am pretty happy with.   JT/Pitt 

Kupp would be a great addition to a team vying for a championship. That’s not the Colts right now. 
The Colts need:

1. A better defensive backfield.

2. Better linebackers

3. A new DC

4. An impact TE

5. Another talented D tackle to back up and eventually replace our starters. 

That’s where they should spend their money and their draft picks. 

46 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

The thing is, of AR doesn't turn out?  Ballard is gone anyway.  If I am him I 100% give up a second for Kupp. 

Absolute no brainer.  Again....I realize most of you live in the midwest and don't see Kupp a lot.  But I have.  He is a pass catching machine when healthy.  Never seen better. 

imo kc will grab him, kc does not use just the draft to fill their roster and they need wrs

48 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

While I am not opposed to giving the offense every advantage possible   So I am not against it.    But we have a couple 2nd rounders I am pretty happy with.   JT/Pitt 

Smith, Lewis, and Leonard (pre-injury) weren’t bad either and Alec seems to be breaking out.  

2 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

I don't think you guys understand how good Kupp is.  I see him play every week.

He is 5 x better than any WR we have.   And it isn't even close.   Granted...when he is healthy. 

But to teach a QB like AR how to throw a ball, be accurate, and know that the ball will be caught?  He is maybe the best I have ever seen other than Marvin H. 

So… you live in LA?

It’s normally the QB that makes the WR better and rarely the other way, AR is clearly not there in the passing department yet.

We have Downs and as soon as Mitchell gets up to speed, penciled in for the slot with Pitt and Pierce on the outside. So not a good fit for the youth and make up of this team there. 

Kupp makes more sense for a contender with a lot of WR injuries, both Chiefs and 49ers fit the bill, but he’s expensive too thus not easy to sign, for those contenders. 

He might fetch a 3rd rounder tops when it’s all said and done and Colts are not 1 WR away from SB contention. Adams just went to Jets for a conditional 3rd

4 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Kupp does nothing for this offense that Downs can’t do. Kupp is not going to magically make AR better. Kupp isn’t going to improve ARs accuracy. So no they shouldn’t trade for Kupp. 

6 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

In 8 years. 

Kupp is the single best WR I have seen in the NFL since 2000 or so.  And it isn't even close.  His ability to get open is second to none.  Again, he has to stay healthy, but that is why you get him  for a 2nd. 

Time for Ballard to take a chance to help his young QB that Ballards entire future is tied to.

There are too many problems with your multiple posts to list, so I’ll focus on the two most obvious.   

1.   WR is not a position of need.   It’s the best WR room Ballard has ever assembled, so the Colts are not trading a Day 2 pick to make a team strength even stronger.  

2.   Why do you think the Rams are willing to trade him?   Because due to injuries Cupps career is trending down, or the Rams believe it soon will be trending down.    

If the Colts are to make a move (doubtful but possible) it’s to strengthen a position that needs help. 

6 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

In 8 years. 

So you really think you know what goes on behind closed doors ? 

Yes Kupp is a very talented player but WR is the least of the worries at this point.  Kupp is a very high paid WR with a injury past ..

What are you even thinking?

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There are too many problems with your multiple posts to list, so I’ll focus on the two most obvious.   

1.   WR is not a position of need.   It’s the best WR room Ballard has ever assembled, so the Colts are not trading a Day 2 pick to make a team strength even stronger.  

2.   Why do you think the Rams are willing to trade him?   Because due to injuries Cupps career is trending down, or the Rams believe it soon will be trending down.    

If the Colts are to make a move (doubtful but possible) it’s to strengthen a position that needs help. 

The Rams are on their way down with a QB who is also trending down.  Mainly because of age.  They are about to do a complete reset.  They have no need for a Kupp.

I realize many of you will poo poo this, but Kupp is the single best WR I have seen as far as getting open and making a catch since I don't know.  Harrison?    You guys in the midwest don't appreciate how good he is.

He is exactly what AR needs.  A guy who can get open no matter what.   And again, please tell me of a 2nd rounder that you can draft who is better than him?

There isn't.  So what?  You don't want to spend the money.  First, it isn't your money.  Second, the Colts have plenty of cap room.  And third, if you want to have an AR learn and get better?  Kupp is exactly the type of WR that can help with that.  Isn't the focus on getting AR to be a better QB?

I realize that most of you won't want to do this, for reasons that I cannot explain because so far not one person has given me a reason why.  But that same mentality is also why we haven't been to a super bowl in 14 years and haven't won a division in almost the same amount of time.    So feel free to keep paying your linebackers and guards $18 M a year and getting no where. 

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you really think you know what goes on behind closed doors ? 

Yes Kupp is a very talented player but WR is the least of the worries at this point.  Kupp is a very high paid WR with a injury past ..

What are you even thinking?

Kupp is way way BETTER than anyone we have on our team at the WR position.  As in not even close.   And I love both Pitt and Downs. 

5 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

The Rams are on their way down with a QB who is also trending down.  Mainly because of age.  They are about to do a complete reset.  They have no need for a Kupp.

I realize many of you will poo poo this, but Kupp is the single best WR I have seen as far as getting open and making a catch since I don't know.  Harrison?    You guys in the midwest don't appreciate how good he is.

He is exactly what AR needs.  A guy who can get open no matter what.   And again, please tell me of a 2nd rounder that you can draft who is better than him?

There isn't.  So what?  You don't want to spend the money.  First, it isn't your money.  Second, the Colts have plenty of cap room.  And third, if you want to have an AR learn and get better?  Kupp is exactly the type of WR that can help with that.  Isn't the focus on getting AR to be a better QB?

I realize that most of you won't want to do this, for reasons that I cannot explain because so far not one person has given me a reason why.  But that same mentality is also why we haven't been to a super bowl in 14 years and haven't won a division in almost the same amount of time.    So feel free to keep paying your linebackers and guards $18 M a year and getting no where. 

Kupp is way way BETTER than anyone we have on our team at the WR position.  As in not even close.   And I love both Pitt and Downs. 

Imo if Ballard gave up a #2 pick on a injury prone player with a high dollar contract it would be a big mistake.  

You mention Pitt and Downs without mentioning Pierce. 

Our WR room is very talented and young. We don't need to trade a #2 pick for an injury prone WR. It's that simple. 

Why would he want to play here? 

I get the Rams have the say in where he gets traded, but I imagine he’s asked for them to trade him to at least a Super Bowl contender. As of right now we aren’t even a contender for the division. 

4 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

You guys in the midwest don't appreciate how good he is.

You seem to have a problem with any of us who actually live here. Why is that?

And just as you say that we haven’t seen Kupp up close, you haven’t seen the Colts up close either. 

Honestly this argument is pointless. It doesn’t matter what we fans think or want. You already know the answer to what’s going to happen. 

The real question is: will you still support this team after Ballard passes on this trade? 

13 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Where the heck are those laughing emojis??? ..oh ..here they arehaha:lol: