Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman injured; out weeks

Nate!

1 hour ago, jbaron04 said:

lol I’m talking about in his prime when he was the Ironman Brett Favre he would come to colts and bam he injured and gonna miss some weeks lol

Yeah? How often did that happen to Peyton?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Cannot predict injuries but another 2nd contract working itself out very well for the Colts. I have never understood the urgency to get ahead of the game and sign Colts players to 2nd contracts. I have posted many times that I have been in favour of a lot of these guys playing it out as I never viewed any of them as exceptional.

Another brilliant take by our resident moose 🫎 

This is a league wide thing that I think will be thoroughly investigated. I think a lot of it has to do with the lack of pre-season reps. A lot of bodies not prepared for NFL contact. I also think it’s the preparation in the off-season. You can certainly enjoy some R&R and vacations in the offseason and let your body heal, but conditioning is year round tbh. Brady used to bring his pads to the beach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

This is a league wide thing that I think will be thoroughly investigated. I think a lot of it has to do with the lack of pre-season reps. A lot of bodies not prepared for NFL contact. I also think it’s the preparation in the off-season. You can certainly enjoy some R&R and vacations in the offseason and let your body heal, but conditioning is year round tbh. Brady used to bring his pads to the beach.

That’s been my theory the last two years, cutting the preseason and reducing off seasoning conditioning programs in the last CBA was just plain stupid and in my unprofessional opinion, a possibility to what we are seeing injury wise across the league. 

Tired Fed Up GIF by DefyTV

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Just let the narrative go every once in a while...

For the record, I know you were eager to see more of Pierce. We felt the same way. And while I know the Colts wanted to keep Pittman for a lot of reasons, I would have been fine with letting him walk in FA, and reworking the WR room (that would have required adding another veteran, though, not just relying on Pierce). 

But none of that has anything to do with Pittman suffering a completely unpredictable injury. Players get hurt. No one needs to be blamed for it.

Diplomacy Award of 2024. 

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

My error. I was on record as letting him test the market. I am also on record saying that I said let's see what Peirce could do with AR as I felt he could excel based on AR's arm and Pierece's skills set.

Most folks got the point.  Too quick of a signing.  Over-prioritized.  The FO thought Pittman was essential.  We get it.

You know that some here can't distinguish trivial facts from significant facts to where the point flies right over their heads.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Superman said:

When Pittman was out last year, they kept Pierce in his role, and used DJ Montgomery in Pittman's place. I would rather see Pierce move to Pittman's role, but they might also use AD there. 

It may be better for WR room continuity to keep AP and Downs where they are and swap in AD or Duhlin into Pitts position. 

I wouldn't have AP suddenly running different routes so late in the week

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

News flash.   Football players get hurt.   The same crop of fans that bag on AD for "short arming" catches are the same ones calling injured players soft.  It's a joke.  

Wrong.  I'm not calling anyone soft.  But I am pointing out AD short arming.  As of right now, it happens more often than I'd like.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Wrong.  I'm not calling anyone soft.  But I am pointing out AD short arming.  As of right now, it happens more often than I'd like.

Me too.  It’s pretty easy to see if you watch games AD is avoiding contact.  As I said before it’s too soon to give up on AD.  He’s a rookie so he can and will learn but for now it’s fair to point out he’s short arming because he is.  

I also laugh at people who call pro football players soft on a message board.  Nothing screams internet tough guy than that.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Josh Downs anyone?  

I don’t see his name anywhere in this discussion.   Hurt?   Something wrong with him?

When he plays, Steichen loves him.   

Someone?    Anyone? 

Agreed.  I was about to mention Downs myself.  AP, Downs, and AD is a decent group, much better than in past years.

Downs doesn't play Pitts position, but I'm all for Downs getting more snaps, since I think he could be a better receiver and playmaker than Pittman.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Me too.  It’s pretty easy to see if you watch games AD is avoiding contact.  As I said before it’s too soon to give up on AD.  He’s a rookie so he can and will learn but for now it’s fair to point out he’s short arming because he is.  

I also laugh at people who call pro football players soft on a message board.  Nothing screams internet tough guy than that.

So true!  NFL players are tough.  I couldn't do what they do.  Also, I'm excited for AD.  I know he has skills.  His separation is OUTSTANDING.  Just waiting for him to fight for that ball.   It will happen. 

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Cannot predict injuries but another 2nd contract working itself out very well for the Colts.

There's still 2.5 of the 3 year contract left to play out, yes?

I have never understood the urgency to get ahead of the game and sign Colts players to 2nd contracts.

How did they get ahead of the game? He was a free agent

I have posted many times that I have been in favour of a lot of these guys playing it out

Pittman did play his contact out. 

as I never viewed any of them as exceptional

so you only resign exceptional players? 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Most folks got the point.  Too quick of a signing.  Over-prioritized.  The FO thought Pittman was essential.  We get it.

You know that some here can't distinguish trivial facts from significant facts to where the point flies right over their heads.   

He made a paragraph long post of nothing but factual inaccuracies and one snap judgement about the overall contract that still has 2.5 of the 3 years left to play out.  If you're going to come on here questioning the Colt philosophies while simultaneously getting the actual facts of thise philosophies wrong then your going to get called out. It has nothing to do with missing the point. It's about people who either get too flustered to be able to make a rational and factual point,  or people who think they are way smarter than they really are.  

Have a nice day :)

21 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

He made a paragraph long post of nothing but factual inaccuracies and one snap judgement about the overall contract that still has 2.5 of the 3 years left to play out.  If you're going to come on here questioning the Colt philosophies while simultaneously getting the actual facts of thise philosophies wrong then your going to get called out. It has nothing to do with missing the point. It's about people who either get too flustered to be able to make a rational and factual point,  or people who think they are way smarter than they really are. 

Pointing out that he made a snap judgment about something happening only .5 years into a 3 years contract is a fair point.  

Making a deal out of trivia that Pitt technically was an early FA instead of being extended is simply a "gotcha" move that ignores the point. 

Getting flustered is the person who triggers over a trivial fact being incorrect, and has to write a gotcha post on the internet about it.

Yall should see my fantasy team rn its insane with injuries! looks like the colts team. CMC, Walker, D. Smith, J. Love, Nabers, A. jones, Kupp, Pittman, Shakir. All got hurt so far for me this year! they just keep coming!!

23 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Pointing out that he made a snap judgment about something happening only .5 years into a 3 years contract is a fair point.  

Making a deal out of trivia that Pitt technically was an early FA instead of being extended is simply a "gotcha" move that ignores the point. 

Getting flustered is the person who triggers over a trivial fact being incorrect, and has to write a gotcha post on the internet about it.

Lol I'm not flustered nor triggered. Im amused by you defending moose for not being able to make an intelligent point.

He wrote an entire paragraph making the point that Pittman, and many other free agents, should not have been extended early.  He wrote this in multiple sentences.  So pointing out that Pittman was a fa, not an early extendee does not ignore the point, it directly refuted the point. If he wanted to make a different point, then use different words.

And people wouldn't be nearly as amused by pointing this out to him if it weren't for the fact he rarely shows up, and when he does it's to demonstrate what he seemingly feels is his superior intellect and football intelligence while patronizing the majority of forum. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

At least this year we are not relying on just one WR. 

Yep, it's the next man up, right?? Who is the next one up?  Maybe they'll get the TE's more involved now!! (than they have)

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I always wonder why I am so widely criticized, as I think I have been so right on a lot of things concerning this franchise. Yet, people rush to defend a GM that has done nothing in 8 years. I really don't get it!!! I make a small mistake about a Pittman contract but I think most people get my point. Ballard has a losing record and nothing on his resume. Yet, he is the 2nd coming. It baffles me.

• Like 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I always wonder why I am so widely criticized, as I think I have been so right on a lot of things concerning this franchise. Yet, people rush to defend a GM that has done nothing in 8 years. I really don't get it!!! I make a small mistake about a Pittman contract but I think most people get my point. Ballard has a losing record and nothing on his resume. Yet, he is the 2nd coming. It baffles me.

I think some of the Ballard-apologists would rather have the team lose so they can bash the people they view as "negative", rather than have the team win so we can all be happy as a forum and make the playoffs every year. They get off on attacking people who don't "appeal to authority" as if we have to tow the company line as fans.

These people only figure out things when it happens at the last second, and very rarely do they apologize or admit when they are wrong. 

5 hours ago, Superman said:

I hope Pittman gets back to 100%. 

In the meantime, I'm really not worried about his absence. He's WR1 in name only, he's being outplayed by other guys on the team already, and he doesn't bring anything dynamic to the offense. More time/targets for Pierce is a good thing, and maybe AD Mitchell can benefit from more snaps as well. 

I want JT back immediately. I think we can handle a few weeks without Pittman. JMO.

Totally agree . Pittman probably has been playing hurt all year. Plus Dulin has looked very good and Mitchell has shown that he can get open. Agree that JT is a bigger concern at this point in time.

47 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

always wonder why I am so widely criticized

Because you're the kind of person that criticizes a 3 year contract less than halfway through the first year.  

Also because you're the kind of person that writes an entire paragraph complaing about something that didn't happen, then get butthurt when people point out your mistake because, tHeY sHoUlD HaVe kNoWN wHaT i mEaNt :nutz:

Also because you seem to be one of those people who likes to make snap judgements, calling a decision a mistake well before it's reasonable to do so, just so you can come back later when your guess was right to gloat about it...yet seem to be conveniently absent in discussions where your guess was wrong. 

Hope that helps. :thmup:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I think some of the Ballard-apologists would rather have the team lose so they can bash the people they view as "negative", rather than have the team win so we can all be happy as a forum and make the playoffs every year. They get off on attacking people who don't "appeal to authority" as if we have to tow the company line as fans.

These people only figure out things when it happens at the last second, and very rarely do they apologize or admit when they are wrong. 

to the bolded, there may be a few that do feel that way.  every social group has a few members with extreme, and often crazy, views.  However, I suspect most of what you refer to as Ballard-apologists aren't apologists at all, but rather people who simply understand why we're where we are and why certain decisions were made.  Doesn't mean we've agreed with every one of those decisions, but we understand the reasoning behind them.  People who are okay with the philosophy that the entire front office, Irsay included, have bought into...that it's better to work to build a sustained contender rather than selling out for any single season. 

and very rarely do they apologize or admit when they are wrong. 

come on man, that's like 98% of all people these days...ESPECIALLY in social media. :P    

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

Because you're the kind of person that criticizes a 3 year contract less than halfway through the first year.  

Also because you're the kind of person that writes an entire paragraph complaing about something that didn't happen, then get butthurt when people point out your mistake because, tHeY sHoUlD HaVe kNoWN wHaT i mEaNt :nutz:

Also because you seem to be one of those people who likes to make snap judgements, calling a decision a mistake well before it's reasonable to do so, just so you can come back later when your guess was right to gloat about it...yet seem to be conveniently absent in discussions where your guess was wrong. 

Hope that helps. :thmup:

Snap judgment.....Ballard sucks!! I am sorry as that was not a snap judgment. I reached that after watching him sink this franchise over an 8 year period.