Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman injured; out weeks

Nate!

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

You wonder how AD made it this far showing he doesn’t like contact.  

Because  he can do this I'm guessing. 

I would rather him get on page with the QBs than end up like Austin Collie. All WRs have pulled up on plays when they are gonna get blown up.   The kid has played 5 games.   Good God.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

How is this even possible? Lol

Are the players just soft & not pushing to play? 

How is it possible that NFL players are hurt?

Do you think that players only miss games if they're soft??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Cannot predict injuries but another 2nd contract working itself out very well for the Colts. I have never understood the urgency to get ahead of the game and sign Colts players to 2nd contracts. I have posted many times that I have been in favour of a lot of these guys playing it out as I never viewed any of them as exceptional.

:funny:        :spit:      🙄

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

:funny:        :spit:      🙄

Moose never let's facts get in the way of his terrible takes

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

So I’m guessing it’ll be Pierce, Downs, AD, Dulin and another WR from PS.

Gould would be my guess

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Gould would be my guess

Yeah, I forgot that we have six WRs on the active roster, which is probably too many. So assuming Pittman goes on IR, I think we'll probably add another OL, or maybe a LB. 

• Like 1

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Think Gould more a backup slot at this point and return man so not sure he sees much an uptick honestly.

If I have to watch Gould fair catch another punt with no coverage within 10 yards of him, I might cry. 

Sadly, we probably shouldn't use Downs at PR with Pittman hurt. And we probably shouldn't use Goodson there, with JT hurt. So maybe Gould is the guy... 

25 minutes ago, Superman said:

LOL

My error. I was on record as letting him test the market. I am also on record saying that I said let's see what Peirce could do with AR as I felt he could excel based on AR's arm and Pierece's skills set.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

My error. I was on record as letting him test the market. I am also on record saying that I said let's see what Peirce could do with AR as I felt he could excel based on AR's arm and Pierece's skills set.

Just let the narrative go every once in a while...

For the record, I know you were eager to see more of Pierce. We felt the same way. And while I know the Colts wanted to keep Pittman for a lot of reasons, I would have been fine with letting him walk in FA, and reworking the WR room (that would have required adding another veteran, though, not just relying on Pierce). 

But none of that has anything to do with Pittman suffering a completely unpredictable injury. Players get hurt. No one needs to be blamed for it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

I hope Pittman gets back to 100%. 

In the meantime, I'm really not worried about his absence. He's WR1 in name only, he's being outplayed by other guys on the team already, and he doesn't bring anything dynamic to the offense. More time/targets for Pierce is a good thing, and maybe AD Mitchell can benefit from more snaps as well. 

I want JT back immediately. I think we can handle a few weeks without Pittman. JMO.

Take your time  MP.

Any game Pierce doesn't catch 6 balls is a Steichen failure.

Adoni, gesh, they sure are stroking him. 

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Take your time  MP.

Any game Pierce doesn't catch 6 balls is a Steichen failure.

Adoni, gesh, they sure are stroking him. 

Maybe give AD those Pittman screen passes (which I've never understood why he's the receiver and not the blocker on those, but whatever), that way we don't have to worry about him shying away from contact... 

(partly joking)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

Should be interesting to see how the wr situation shakes out. Pierce our #1 guy now?

When Pittman was out last year, they kept Pierce in his role, and used DJ Montgomery in Pittman's place. I would rather see Pierce move to Pittman's role, but they might also use AD there. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

The difference between AD and the other WRs on the team is he seems to shy away from catches in fear of getting hit. 

Tell him to get surgery place him on season ending IR let him heal properly this team isnt going anywhere anyway.

We are just an injury prone team , has been like this since as long as I can remember, QB , RB , WRs , TEs oline … defense etc… we always injured. Colts could literally sign Brett Favre and he would end up hurt on colts 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

There is no record.   You say lots of things.   So much so , you forget what you have said

4 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

We are just an injury prone team , has been like this since as long as I can remember, QB , RB , WRs , TEs oline … defense etc… we always injured. Colts could literally sign Brett Favre and he would end up hurt on colts 

He is very old. I'm sure he would get injured 

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

That’s funny. Maybe instead of young players who are always hurt, get some older players that have a track record on availability. 

News flash.   Football players get hurt.   The same crop of fans that bag on AD for "short arming" catches are the same ones calling injured players soft.  It's a joke.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

There is no record.   You say lots of things.   So much so , you forget what you have said

He is very old. I'm sure he would get injured 

lol I’m talking about in his prime when he was the Ironman Brett Favre he would come to colts and bam he injured and gonna miss some weeks lol

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Ballard should trade for Adams so that we give him time in our offense before we play the heavyweights in Vikings, Texans and Bills 

Sorry, this is not the year to rely on Mitchell.

AR for Adams straight up would get it done.. Vhs Kiss GIF by vhspositive