Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster moves

GoColts8818

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am pretty sure they said there was only a slim chance Brent’s would be back this season.

Yep. Ballard could of fixed this before the season started.

whats the point..Brents is only gonna get injured again if a WR breathes on him 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Let's also remember that Flowers didn't just all of the sudden suck.  He was bad in preseason as well.  And "somebody" saw his preseason performance and decided to go with him anyway.  When does that "somebody" also pay a price?

Flowers was an undrafted free agent. The Colts need to stop treating cornerback as a low emphasis position that can largely be filled with UDFAs and low draft picks. That approach seems to be part of the appeal of Bradley's system and it isn't working.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah raw and dry too

:peek:

So who might we be looking at to play in his spot now

I’m trying out today. I told Gus I can give a 20 yard cushion and won’t get beat over the top. He had the biggest smile ever

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Meanwhile, Stephon Gilmore had a game sealing INT for the Vikings versus Rodgers and the Jets. 

Yep. In typical fashion people leave the Colts and then proceed to do better elsewhere. 

Hell even Grigson is thriving as an executive of player personnel in Minnesota. Go figure. 

I think the defense can be improved significantly by letting Womack and Jones play more press coverage.  They are both very good at it.  Womack said press is where he is strongest.  Jones has shown he is good at it.  Moore can play it too.  No more playing off the majority of the time.  We have the corners who can play it.  Make the switch Gus.  Let the players play to their strengths.  I think it would make a difference.

• Like 1

It’s a shame that no one could have known or said before yesterday that Flowers was bad. This, and our poor secondary play is an incredibly surprising development that no one could have seen coming. No one. 

Especially Chris Ballard and his defenders. 

So What No GIF

• Like 5

Just now, hoosierhawk said:

Flowers are supposed to make the joint smell good rather than stink up the joint,right?

The flower in my joint stinks the place up, but it makes watching %shows like yesterday slightly more tolerable, so there is that…

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Meanwhile, Stephon Gilmore had a game sealing INT for the Vikings versus Rodgers and the Jets. 

Rodgers was trash and Gilmore got beat several times in that game, if not for the interception he would be in the dog house today in film room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yeah but I don’t think he would have come back to Indy. He wants to play for a contender.

He stinks now....and just so you know, the Vikings were not considered contenders at the beginning of the year. He signed with whoever offered him the most $$.....do you ever watch any football ,or do you just make ridicules negative comments.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Flowers aaa not a scale goat. He was just bad where he wasn’t even serviceable 

Releasing someone after a team defensive failure is a scapegoat. "he is the one being blamed by the team" even though everyone was bad yesterday

7 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Flowers is the scapegoat this week and I believe Bradley would be next but who can replace him now. 

Being fired because you were bad at your job doesn’t make you a scapegoat even if others were bad at theirs too.  Both things can be true.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Didn't watch yesterday but was Flowers responsible for a lot of the big plays?

He gave up the 85 yard TD and he gave up like a 65 yard catch also with 2 and 20 type play to. He just isn’t healthy and can’t run right now you can tell

33 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He stinks now....and just so you know, the Vikings were not considered contenders at the beginning of the year. He signed with whoever offered him the most $$.....do you ever watch any football ,or do you just make ridicules negative comments.

Ballard has to take blame also. We keep trying build a roster of 5th -7th rd draft picks picks and undrafted guys. Like instead of trying to have 15 picks a draft go up and get good players 

3 hours ago, Superman said:

He basically got replaced by Womack right away. 

It's too bad, really. I think Flowers was playing reasonably well before he got hurt last year, but that's a tough injury to come back from as a DB. No question he'll clear waivers, and maybe he'll wind up back on the PS. But he shouldn't be on the gameday roster right now, that's for sure.

Also, this frees up two roster spots. I wonder what the plan is. Buckner can't come back until next week, if he's even ready by then.

Flowers wasn't lacking speed or agility. He was losing because he made the wrong reads, and bit on underneath routes as a deep third defender. He can't understand Cover 3 clearly. He got cut because he's bad at the corner position, not because of an injury regression. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

Flowers wasn't lacking speed or agility. He was losing because he made the wrong reads, and bit on underneath routes as a deep third defender. He can't understand Cover 3 clearly. He got cut because he's bad at the corner position, not because of an injury regression. 

No question he made mistakes, but I also don't think he's moving as well as he was before he got hurt.