Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

Trevor Lawrence career day. 

I don’t care that we have injuries. EVERYONE has injuries right now. This defense is a joke. Gus is a joke. Ballard is a joke. This team will never advance with Ballard being who he is (and that’s not what I want to say, but I’m not getting in trouble for saying what I actually want to say) because he wants to be * cheap and TRY to be the smartest guy in the room. 

You don’t hang 34 points on a WINLESS team and still lose. 

This % cannot continue. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Our starters and their backups are injured. This was like fielding a preseason game.

The secondary faced their first competent QB and it exposed what practically everyone already knew. They have needed a veteran presence and have no solid depth. They are left hanging in the wind by Bradley’s passive scheme. This is not injury related.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

If a defense that is designed to not give up big plays keeps giving up big play after big play, you will never be a threat to achieve anything of significance. It's just unreal how much Ballard loves this ancient thing and all the people who practice it.

Don't know what else I can say... until something significant chanгes with our defense and we get closer to answering the question about our franchise QB with a positive... there really isn't much else that is worth talking about. 

Yeah it's supposed to be a bend not break D and we are giving up 80 yard TD's. I am over it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

I'm surprised some of y'all are upset. I took this game as a lose as a given before the season started lmao. Far better Colts team have lost to equally bad Jag teams in Duval in the last decade. At this point it's a L until they prove otherwise.

I said it in the game thread, but at the very least this gives the Jaguars some renewed confidence in T Law and I see that as a win in the long run lmao

Agreed.  I thought it was a good showing.  Giving up big plays was the problem.  JAX was 0-4 but they were competitive in most of their games.

• Like 1

Embarrassing.

The Good

• The offense had a great first drive then hit a bit of a slump until late when Flacco and Pierce went off!
  • Flacco, Pierce and Downs were the MVPs
  • Good to see more TE plays!

The Bad

• The defense. What a clownshow.
  • Players not making tackles.
  • DBs and LBs missing assignments left and right.
  • Gus * Bradley. Fire this guy faster!

Notes

• I understand we had injuries which caused the lack of pass rush, but that doesn't excuse everything that happened behind the Dline. How does playing half a field off the WRs in coverage still yield big play after big play by the offense?
  • The Jags missed key defensive pieces too and so did our offense which still put up 34 points...
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is nothing a GM can do when half your starters then their backups are injured.

Really? We have had 8 years of this defence at full strength and they still were average to below average. They got burned deep today. What did that have to do with injuries. Ballard said trust the talent. Trust the uoung guys will develop. I have never in my life seen a GM get so much excuses for failure at his job in my life than Chris "Mr. Transparent" Ballard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of you are acting like babies. I am proud of this team it was even a game. Do some of you realize how many injuries on defense we had today. Then add no Taylor. Suck it up and be proud of them for making this a game.

Do you have any idea of what you are watching? It is how you loose and why. You have delivered more excuses for why this team has failed and the cast of characters that make that happen. If AR had played we would have won will be your next post.

Then you would say the boys are tired and need a rest and then they will win next week. Enjoy the popcorn and beer, that seems to be your main grip while viewing the game.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If fans would of been honest with themselves they would of seen this coming on defense.

Mt biggest complaint today is using Mitchell to much and not pierce. If we had gotten a few more explosives during the game maybe it would be different.

If the defense had made one stop we could’ve won. 

The offense did its job. Asking for one stop from professionals isn’t a lot.

I don’t care where our LB’s rank in tackles. They are average at best.  EJ speed misses so many solo tackles.  He was awful today.  Missed too many tackles and over ran his gap on Bigsby’s TD. 

Giving up that bomb on 2nd and 25 is inexcusable.   Looked like Blackmon’s fault who seemed to have a terrible game.   

AD Mitchell needs someone in his ear about half arsing balls and putting out alligator arms.  I would have benched him.  I know Dulin will fight.  

Great effort by a team shorthanded but the other team was short handed as well.  

• Like 1

As it pertains to Gus Bradley, he should've been fired after the first two weeks this year from my perspective. We can't have a defense that makes pure game manager QBs look good habitually and often and that always run out of smoke at the end of the game. It just doesn't make sense.

I hate the fact that Ballard is the one that dictates the scheme and the DC of the team. That should 100% be the role of the head coach. I can't see how Bradley doesn't get canned after this season, so I truly truly hope that the replacement is a Steichen guy that runs the schemes Steichen wants.

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:
  • The defense. What a clownshow.
  • Players not making tackles.
  • DBs and LBs missing assignments left and right.

LBers and Ss were the problem. We knew that going into the season.  We are a couple of seasons away from being a contender, if our QB gets his stuff together.

This game is disappointing , buts its not a surprise, IMO.

13 minutes ago, colts89 said:

I'm surprised some of y'all are upset. I took this game as a lose as a given before the season started lmao. Far better Colts teams have lost to equally bad Jag teams in Duval in the last decade. At this point it's a L until they prove otherwise.

I said it in the game thread, but at the very least this gives the Jaguars some renewed confidence in T Law and I see that as a win in the long run lmao

I think it's down to how we lost. I expected a loss, because I thought we wouldn't be able to make big passing plays due to the weather. Then Flacco and the boys put up 34 and the defense completely %s itself... that's tough to swallow for any fan.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Go Huskers haha . That was a tough win in 100 degree heat at Lincoln yesterday. We gave Rutgers their 1st loss.

Raiola is starting to look like a freshman...coming down to Earth a bit.  And he needs to learn to extend plays and scramble with more urgency.  JMO.  There were yards he left on the field.

• Like 1

I find it so funny when the play by play guys make this comment. "Well...insert qb.....has struggled but he seem to be turning the corner today".  It borders on ridiculous. I like Stiechen a lot but  I am not surecgetting rid of Gus will do much. I am totally in favor of firing him today. However, I know the D talent on this roster is below average. I would like someone who defends Ballard do one thing for me. Please list the D players over the last 8 years who were studs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If fans would of been honest with themselves they would of seen this coming on defense.

Mt biggest complaint today is using Mitchell to much and not pierce. If we had gotten a few more explosives during the game maybe it would be different.

*MOST* people were criticizing the defense before the season began and didn’t want Gus back. 

I defended Ballard as much as I could, but I cannot anymore. It’s insanity at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Raiola is starting to look like a freshman...coming down to Earth a bit.  And he needs to learn to extend plays and scramble with more urgency.  JMO.  There were yards he left on the field.

Yeah, that was his worst game so far. Game ball goes to the defense definitely. 5-1, 2-1 in Big 10 play. 

• Like 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I find it so funny when the play by play guys make this comment. "Well...insert qb.....has struggled but he seem to be turning the corner today".  It borders on ridiculous. I like Stiechen a lot but  I am not surecgetting rid of Gus will do much. I am totally in favor of firing him today. However, I know the D talent on this roster is below average. I would like someone who defends Ballard do one thing for me. Please list the D players over the last 8 years who were studs.

defensive roster is below average even when healthy .  paye is average so is lewis people act like having them back makes the defense good .   secondary is horrible linebackers are average to below average .  Its the same thing every year and ballard just doesnt care he walks around like he won multiple rings .   ballard is so full of himself for no reason he hasnt done anything in 8 years but cry about luck setting us back .

• Like 1

These are the facts of Bradley's time with the Colts. You have to go back to 2019 for the last time Bradley had a defense that was in the teens since then:

2020 with Chargers: ranked 23rd

2021 (with raiders) defense ranked 26th

2022 defense ranked 30th

2023 defense ranked 28th

2024 isn't showing any difference, when you are consistent bottom of the league defense that's a coaching problem.

Seems like his scheme was figured out and the times have passed him by

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

LBers and Ss were the problem. We knew that going into the season.  We are a couple of seasons away from being a contender, if our QB gets his stuff together.

This game is disappointing , buts its not a surprise, IMO.

It's just more than that. Bradley has been here since 2022 and the defense has ranked 28th twice in ppg since and the defense is still looking like swiss cheese. The defense will be no different this season or the next. Bradley absolutely needs to go.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is no way why can lose. For those of you think they are supposed to look the same you are crazy 

Buckner 

Paye 

Lewis 

Samson 

Moore 

Outside of Buck, I doubt that any of those players could get more than a one-year contract with another team.  Not that they were not missed AT ALL, but its not a big difference.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I don’t care where our LB’s rank in tackles. They are average at best.  EJ speed misses so many solo tackles.  He was awful today.  Missed too many tackles and over ran his gap on Bigsby’s TD. 

Giving up that bomb on 2nd and 25 is inexcusable.   Looked like Blackmon’s fault who seemed to have a terrible game.   

AD Mitchell needs someone in his ear about half arsing balls and putting out alligator arms.  I would have benched him.  I know Dulin will fight.  

Great effort by a team shorthanded but the other team was short handed as well.  

I said way back in the off season.  I thought Ballard coming out and going wild on the  media and defending Mitchell was dumb. There was a reason he slid. I said just let it play out. Ballard knew it but wanted to go on a rant. There was no need to defend Mitchell. I was fine with the pick as i thought he had a lot of upside, but there had to be red flags for him to slide that much. Now it looks like Mitchell is afraid of contact after 5 games and that's a biggie.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is no way why can lose. For those of you think they are supposed to look the same you are crazy 

Buckner 

Paye 

Lewis 

Samson 

Moore 

The Jags were 0-4 and down 5 defenders too I believe...

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

*MOST* people were criticizing the defense before the season began and didn’t want Gus back. 

I defended Ballard as much as I could, but I cannot anymore. It’s insanity at this point. 

This did not look like our normal defense today. You guys need to erldtsre tkur hate with Bradley and what we saw today. 

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It's just more than that. Bradley has been here since 2022 and the defense has ranked 28th twice in ppg since and the defense is still looking like swiss cheese. The defense will be no different this season or the next. Bradley absolutely needs to go.

The players were chosen/signed for Bradley's scheme, and Flus before that.  Its symbiotic, IMO.  He should have blitzed Trevor more but probably thought it would expose the CBs.  But, it was the FS that was the main problem.  Flowers gave up a play on a communication issue...that was a good play by JAX and I doubt a starter would have mattered much there.