Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Colts lose against the Bears.

Moosejawcolt

What do u think needs to happen if the Colts lose to the Bears on Sunday to keep the fans connected to this team? I really feel that if they lose, Steichen needs to make a statement with his coaching staff. I also think Irsay needs to make a front office move. Let's be honest, they start off 0-3 and the season is over. Therefore, get an early start on next season in terms of searching  for personnel to take this team in the right direction.

Even if the Colts lose, nothing will change. They're gonna stick to the status quo and hope it gets better. Our two LB's will still be doing podcasts, Gus will still be driving a broken bus, and we will continue dropping balls and blaming AR for not being accurate/having touch. Lastly, Ballard will still like our guys.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What do u think needs to happen if the Colts lose to the Bears on Sunday to keep the fans connected to this team? I really feel that if they lose, Steichen needs to make a statement with his coaching staff. I also think Irsay needs to make a front office move. Let's be honest, they start off 0-3 and the season is over. Therefore, get an early start on next season in terms of searching  for personnel to take this team in the right direction.

I don’t see anything directly changing in season. 

The locker room will have to be extraordinarily bad for Irsay to step in like in 2022, and he didn’t do that 3 games in. 

Maybe if the run defense is historically bad for a 3rd game in a row Bradley gets fired. But I highly doubt it. They have the excuse of injuries for this weekend. 

See where we are midway through the season. If we’re 0-8 then your hopes will be more realized. 

16 minutes ago, SSColts said:

Even if the Colts lose, nothing will change. They're gonna stick to the status quo and hope it gets better. Our two LB's will still be doing podcasts, Gus will still be driving a broken bus, and we will continue dropping balls and blaming AR for not being accurate/having touch. Lastly, Ballard will still like our guys.

Who cares about their podcast?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The locker room will have to be extraordinarily bad for Irsay to step in like in 2022, and he didn’t do that 3 games in. 

Maybe if the run defense is historically bad for a 3rd game in a row Bradley gets fired. But I highly doubt it. They have the excuse of injuries for this weekend. 

See where we are midway through the season. If we’re 0-8 then your hopes will be more realized. 

If the Colts get run over again, it shows two things. Bradley's time as a D coordinator has come and gone. The depth on this team is poor and the Dline's investment is a joke. That's on Ballard

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If the Colts get run over again, it shows two things. Bradley's time as a D coordinator has come and gone. The depth on this team is poor and the Dline's investment is a joke. That's on Ballard

Hey I’m just saying, you can be right and the solution can look obvious from the 50,000 mile above viewpoint, but it still doesn’t mean anything unless the owner pulls the trigger. 

Jim is more often than not patient to a fault. We’re just going to have to ride this season out. 

35 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

"See where we are midway through the season. If we’re 0-8 then your hopes will be more realized."

rda3v2hpc1661.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I agree that any realisitic playoff hopes are likely done if we go 0-3. But I don't think anything drastic has to happen mid season. At worse, fire Gus Bradley. Ballard's job can be determined in the off-season.

26 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Exactly.  The sky is not falling.  I just want to see AR show improvement.  As long as it looks like we might have a franchise quarterback I’m good.

I want Richardson to succeed too, But this team is supposed to have much talent at other positions as well. I believe we are close to being as good as Houston, and better than both GB and Chicago. Enough with this looser mentality. Time for them to win. period

It depends on how they lose.  If they get blown out by the worst offense in the league by 20 points, that would be bad.  If it's a close game where defenses dominate, that's something else.  If we lose in a shootout, that's something else.  I'll be bothered most by option 1.  As everybody should.  But options 2 and 3, well, not as much.

I don't understand the premise that something would happen at 0-3.   What exactly were the fans' expectations coming into the season.....more importantly .....why?

AR is an inexperienced at playing QB, not just NFL rookie inexperience but inexperience playing the position at all.  There were no starter FA additions to a mediocre defense last season.  Latu and ADs are rookies in their 3rd game.  

0-3 doesn't mean you can't achieve the 7-10, 8-9 a reasonable person would have expected for the season.  If expectations were higher, that's on you and not the Colts 0-3 performance thus far.

Maybe 0-6, probably 0-9 might mean something for Gus.  Shane is safe for 3 years at least.

• Like 1

All spoken by the same guy who called the O-line over-rated and then the next day it comes out the Colts O-line is ranked first overall.   Some things don’t change.  

2 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I’m losing interest as it is. We lose to the Bears I’ll Barely pay attention to the Colts unless it has to do with fantasy football.

Does that mean you’d stop posting here?