Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blackmon ruled out for week 2

Stephen

6 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Pryor as LT was also obvious

I’ve argued this one. Pryor was playing lights out at LT the season prior. In his start against the raiders he played lights out and had a super high PFF score. No reason why he shouldn’t have taken the next step up but he didn’t at all.

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

We’re playing a backup quarterback this week and a rookie next week.  It could be a lot worse for the secondary.

Maybe, I have family in packer land and local media there is reporting it’s legit 50/50 Love could play and he’s questionable on the injury report but he also hasn’t practiced all week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

What does he even do? Jordan Love just about broke his knee and is questionable.. we got two bros who finished the game and got injured taking a shower afterwards?

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

We can dance if we want to

We can leave your friends behind…

…..

I say we can act if we want to 

If we don’t nobody will

…..

Safety Dance…Safety Dance

Like dancing for the Rain Gods and prayers being answered with rain :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, twfish said:

I’ve argued this one. Pryor was playing lights out at LT the season prior. In his start against the raiders he played lights out and had a super high PFF score. No reason why he shouldn’t have taken the next step up but he didn’t at all.

A few good games is not consistency. 90% of the league players are good enough, consistency is the diference.

16 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

A few good games is not consistency. 90% of the league players are good enough, consistency is the diference.

That’s what twfish was saying.  You would hope to see consistency but over time it wasn’t there.  Pryor showed promise at times but not consistently.  That’s why players ultimately are cut.

26 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Im sorry, but in 2021, Matt Pryor didn’t have a few good games.  He had a very good season. 

A PFF grade of 76, with pass and run blocking scores of 75 each.   He did that in 438 snaps, which is about 40 percent of a season.   People here forget this all the time.

In 2022, Pryor was terrible.  He was not re-signed.  I believe he’s on SF, and maybe on the PS. 

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im sorry, but in 2021, Matt Pryor didn’t have a few good games.  He had a very good season. 

A PFF grade of 76, with pass and run blocking scores of 75 each.   He did that in 438 snaps, which is about 40 percent of a season.   People here forget this all the time.

In 2022, Pryor was terrible.  He was not re-signed.  I believe he’s on SF, and maybe on the PS. 

I think he meant that Pryor played one game at LT in 21, which is true.  He mostly played G and I think one game at RT.

Point being, he had very, very little experience at LT yet he was declared the starter with basically no competition.  Same with Pinter at G.

sounds like fans are getting tired of Ballard, and the outside discussions are also growing about Ballard & Gus Bradley. The only thing that is going to slow these discussions down or flip them is if we start winning. Let's hope that starts this week vs. the Packers. 

The positive is that we can easily put Cross at SS, who seems to be one of the more solid tackler-hitters outside of Zaire who actually had a poor tackling game vs. the Texans. With that being said Thomas II did show promise at times, so maybe he sees this as his second chance, let's hope he runs with it. 

Unfortunately, if we start 0-2, on the flip side, I can see Ballard's job being called for heavily across not just this board, but the league. 

3 minutes ago, AKB said:

sounds like fans are getting tired of Ballard, and the outside discussions are also growing about Ballard & Gus Bradley. The only thing that is going to slow these discussions down or flip them is if we start winning. Let's hope that starts this week vs. the Packers. 

The positive is that we can easily put Cross at SS, who seems to be one of the more solid tackler-hitters outside of Zaire who actually had a poor tackling game vs. the Texans. With that being said Thomas II did show promise at times, so maybe he sees this as his second change, let's hope he runs with it. 

Unfortunately, if we start 0-2, on the flip side, I can see Ballard's job being called for heavily across not just this board, but the league. 

Fans on this board have been anti Ballard for several years. Why would the league call for Ballard's firing?

5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Fans on this board have been anti Ballard for several years. Why would the league call for Ballard's firing?

some fans were, and now more fans are. 

right, see when you try and make absolutes from single statements, it seems like there's a valid point in there somewhere. 

but there's not. some pro-Ballard fans have recently and more actively been posting their thoughts. 
some fans were neutral, or not complaining, who now are. how do I know? because I read the forum every day. 
and if I were your secretary, I'd go around and scoop up all the articles I could find talking about Ballard, and in particular his connection with Gus, or the videos of NFL talking heads discussing the connection between Shane & gus and how they may be taking an L for him out of kindness. I think Ballard knew Gus was a lame duck, and argued to keep him so that he could be scapegoated, and that's also a narrative that is growing outside of this board, and in particle on r/colts, you can read for yourself if you are willing to put the effort. this is by far not the only place colts fans express how they feel, may it be the most official and moderated, but not the end all be all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Colts just elevated Ronnie Harrison so he can start tomorrow alongside Nick Cross. Genard Avery was also elevated as Kwity may not be ready to play. If not Latu should see his snaps increase from week 1.

I wonder how they play them together

6 hours ago, IndyEV said:

At this rate, the Colts will be too thin at safety that they may go to public tryouts! I may have a little juice left in me to last a game to play SS/FS/ST! I can be this teams version of Vince Papale. Though I’m 41 years old and my knees may only last 5 minutes🤣

Let’s do it. I’ll suit up. I have two plays left in me!

15 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Colts just elevated Ronnie Harrison so he can start tomorrow alongside Nick Cross. Genard Avery was also elevated as Kwity may not be ready to play. If not Latu should see his snaps increase from week 1.

Ugh what’s wrong with Paye

45 minutes ago, AKB said:

some fans were, and now more fans are. 

right, see when you try and make absolutes from single statements, it seems like there's a valid point in there somewhere. 

but there's not. some pro-Ballard fans have recently and more actively been posting their thoughts. 
some fans were neutral, or not complaining, who now are. how do I know? because I read the forum every day. 
and if I were your secretary, I'd go around and scoop up all the articles I could find talking about Ballard, and in particular his connection with Gus, or the videos of NFL talking heads discussing the connection between Shane & gus and how they may be taking an L for him out of kindness. I think Ballard knew Gus was a lame duck, and argued to keep him so that he could be scapegoated, and that's also a narrative that is growing outside of this board, and in particle on r/colts, you can read for yourself if you are willing to put the effort. this is by far not the only place colts fans express how they feel, may it be the most official and moderated, but not the end all be all. 

Ok... but you said the league will call for his firing. The league????

1 hour ago, AKB said:

I wonder how they play them together

Harrison at Strong and Cross at Free. Other option would be Cross stays at Strong and Rodney Thomas at Free. Doubt we see Denbow though he looked solid in preseason has been a special teams ace only through his career.

I believe the plan was Harrison to be cut then brought back after week 1 regardless of Blackmon's injury. The reason being a vet with 4 plus years is vested so they get 100% of salary even if cut while being signed after game 1 only 25% guaranteed.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I think he meant that Pryor played one game at LT in 21, which is true.  He mostly played G and I think one game at RT.

Point being, he had very, very little experience at LT yet he was declared the starter with basically no competition.  Same with Pinter at G.

And those are the decisions that very likely cost our OL coach to get fired.  There were consequences.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Because you commented, I just double checked.  

That year, Prior played 94 snaps at LT, 266 at RT and 66 at RG.   So far more at tackle than guard.   He also played 15-20 as a jumbo TE.  

On 9/13/2024 at 2:55 PM, Rolltide_gocolts said:

First yr watching the colts huh lol….  If we don’t do anything we make great QBs look hall of fame, good QBs look All pro, and decent/ bad QBs look like pro bowlers 

This is the most factual post I have seen!  Greenbay's back up will have a career day and never be seen again.

9 hours ago, IndyEV said:

At this rate, the Colts will be too thin at safety that they may go to public tryouts! I may have a little juice left in me to last a game to play SS/FS/ST! I can be this teams version of Vince Papale. Though I’m 41 years old and my knees may only last 5 minutes🤣

No matter dude! You would be an upgrade. The toughest hurdle would be contract negotiations with Ballard.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because you commented, I just double checked.  

That year, Prior played 94 snaps at LT, 266 at RT and 66 at RG.   So far more at tackle than guard.   He also played 15-20 as a jumbo TE.  

A lot of fill in duty.  Here's his bio (and I'm not sure why were even talking about him, but whatever):  "2021 SEASON (COLTS):Appeared in all 17 games with five starts. Started three at right tackle, one at right guard and one at left tackle."

Not exactly an experienced player at any spot.  Certainly not enough to be deemed a starter at LT without competition.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

A lot of fill in duty.  Here's his bio (and I'm not sure why were even talking about him, but whatever):  "2021 SEASON (COLTS):Appeared in all 17 games with five starts. Started three at right tackle, one at right guard and one at left tackle."

Not exactly an experienced player at any spot.  Certainly not enough to be deemed a starter at LT without competition.

As I said in another post…. This decision cost our OL coach his job.   There were consequences.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

As I said in another post…. This decision cost our OL coach his job.   There were consequences.  

I don't think that's why Strausser was fired.   He doesn't choose the lineup.

Also,  his unit looked pretty good against us last week

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think that's why Strausser was fired.   He doesn't choose the lineup.

Also,  his unit looked pretty good against us last week

Strausser WAS either fired, or not renewed.   I didn’t say he wasn’t a good coach, I have defended him here many times over the years.  He was viewed by most here as not as good as coach Gugs from 2018.   

But after the very bad O-line performance of 2022, he was not retained.  Call it whatever you like.  And I’m well aware he’s done a very good job for Houston.  I would not be surprised if he was given a game ball after his o-line handled us so well last week. 

He’s a good coach, but he was no longer the right coach for the Colts.  Fair enough?