Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What teams is loaded of positions CB,S etc that we might be looking at the wavier wire

mirobi48

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

That team is always trading and looking to improve props to them.

And yet they took a pretty large step backwards last season. Just because you are constantly making moves doesn't mean you are constantly improving. Eagles will be interesting to watch this year, in my opinion. Another flat finish to the season, or worse, not making the playoffs at all, and Sirianni is toast. I wonder just how influential Steichen was to that superbowl run. Didn't even look like the same team last year at times. 

• Like 2

Shane’s connection to Philadelphia is one good reason he will look at the waiver wire for the Eagles. But I also would say depending on what he’s looking for especially help in the defensive backfield, I would say Cincinnati or Detroit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

And yet they took a pretty large step backwards last season. Just because you are constantly making moves doesn't mean you are constantly improving. Eagles will be interesting to watch this year, in my opinion. Another flat finish to the season, or worse, not making the playoffs at all, and Sirianni is toast. I wonder just how influential Steichen was to that superbowl run. Didn't even look like the same team last year at times. 

Why did they do this off-season aggressively attacked their main weakness the secondary with signings and picks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Why did they do this off-season aggressively attacked their main weakness the secondary with signings and picks.

That's why it's going to be very interesting to see. Do you think Sirianni is happy to fix a secondary with a bunch of rookies? I bet he feels his seat getting very warm 

8 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Isaiah Rodgers, Can't believe he was reinstated by the NFL, but he might be available.

No he's not he's going to make the Eagles roster would be shocked if they cut him.

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

That's why it's going to be very interesting to see. Do you think Sirianni is happy to fix a secondary with a bunch of rookies? I bet he feels his seat getting very warm 

Sirianni?   Seat warm?   Huh? 

How did that happen?   He’s in Y2 of a 6 year contract and his first year went better than expected all things considered.  

Not sure his seat could get much colder.  

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

How did that happen?   He’s in Y2 of a 6 year contract and his first year went better than expected all things considered.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/outsiders-believe-eagles-coach-nick-sirianni-remains-on-the-hot-seat-01j5be7npf8b

You don't pay much attention to the news. He's on thin ice. There's a lot going on internally that we don't know about. Jason Kelce retired and came to his defense, otherwise probably held his future in his hands. Had Kelce wanted to get him fired, he would have been done this offseason... Only 4 coaches ahead of him in odds to be first fired this season on betting sites. 

Edit: I just checked at recent sites, and he's at #7, and his odds have improved a little. Still, for a guy that almost won the superbowl and has a near .700 record as HC, it's wild to think. I've never been a fan of him. He has strange behavior, almost immature like, and there has been a lot of smoke that's come out internally about dysfunction.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/outsiders-believe-eagles-coach-nick-sirianni-remains-on-the-hot-seat-01j5be7npf8b

You don't pay much attention to the news. He's on thin ice. There's a lot going on internally that we don't know about. Jason Kelce retired and came to his defense, otherwise probably held his future in his hands. Had Kelce wanted to get him fired, he would have been done this offseason... Only 4 coaches ahead of him in odds to be first fired this season on betting sites. 

I think he read Sirianni as Steichen. I could be wrong.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Edit: I just checked at recent sites, and he's at #7, and his odds have improved a little. Still, for a guy that almost won the superbowl and has a near .700 record as HC, it's wild to think. I've never been a fan of him. He has strange behavior, almost immature like, and there has been a lot of smoke that's come out internally about dysfunction.

Sorry!   Sorry!   Sorry!   My bad.  

I mixed up Sirianni with Steichen.   I thought you were talking about the Colts head coach and not about the Eagles head coach.   Yes, I’m very aware Sirianni is on the hot seat.   

Again, very sorry.  Entirely my fault.  I feel foolish as can be.    :facepalm:    :giveup:

• Like 4

Vikings likely cutting Corner Fabian Moreau who is bad at man to man but excels in zone, no tds allowed last 5 seasons in zone, He would be a better 4th outside corner then what we currently have. JUst one guy to keep an eye on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As someone who lives an hour away from Philly, and knows a lot of Eagles fan, there is legitimate talk of his seat being hot. The feeling is that he’s just a figurehead. Once he lost Steichen they got exposed. Also this is the same Eagles GM that fired Doug Pederson even though he won them their 1st Superbowl.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

As someone who lives an hour away from Philly, and knows a lot of Eagles fan, there is legitimate talk of his seat being hot. The feeling is that he’s just a figurehead. Once he lost Steichen they got exposed. Also this is the same Eagles GM that fired Doug Pederson even though he won them their 1st Superbowl.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Small favor.   Scroll up a few posts, you’ll see my sincere response to CS2013.   

I got confused and accidentally mixed up Sirianni with Steichen.   I’ve owned the gaffe.    

Thanks.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry!   Sorry!   Sorry!   My bad.  

I mixed up Sirianni with Steichen.   I thought you were talking about the Colts head coach and not about the Eagles head coach.   Yes, I’m very aware Sirianni is on the hot seat.   

Again, very sorry.  Entirely my fault.  I feel foolish as can be.    :facepalm:    :giveup:

Now sit in the corner and count to 10000! haha 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Vikings likely cutting Corner Fabian Moreau who is bad at man to man but excels in zone, no tds allowed last 5 seasons in zone, He would be a better 4th outside corner then what we currently have. JUst one guy to keep an eye on.

Here are PFF grades of Vikings corners. We hope to keep undrafted rookie Dwight McGlothern.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2024 at 10:52 PM, RollerColt said:

Eagles.

CBS has an article about probable cuts. James Bradberry of the Eagles may be a possibility. You like?

Two years removed from an All-Pro showing as a perimeter cover man for a Super Bowl contender, Bradberry has been trying a transition to safety after the Eagles crowded their cornerback spot with new, young talent. Philadelphia wouldn't save anything by bidding farewell, but the aging veteran may prefer 

one final shot at an outside corner job in another city, and the Eagles have rookies they want to debut.

Potential landing spots: Cardinals, Commanders, Raiders

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-53-man-roster-cut-deadline-kadarius-toney-desmond-ridder-among-potential-big-name-departures/amp/

9 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Moreau is pretty fast if I remember correctly 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

CBS has an article about probable cuts. James Bradberry of the Eagles may be a possibility. You like?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-53-man-roster-cut-deadline-kadarius-toney-desmond-ridder-among-potential-big-name-departures/amp/

Hmm… not sure how I think about him honestly. Don’t follow the Eagles too much. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

𝗥𝗨𝗠𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗥𝗧:
The #Eagles  are strongly considering releasing DB James Bradberry ahead of Tuesdays roster cut down deadline.

The Eagles have explored trade options but no one is interested.

Interesting that no team is interested. Makes sense on their end given the depth & young playmakers