Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Samson Ebukam tore his Achilles

CR91

This is a pretty big blow. Really stinks to lose him for the year. He was going to likely have a pretty big year for us. 

Hoping Latu can capitalize on the opportunity. But man, this is a blow I wasn’t expecting. 

• Like 1

this is probably good for Latu to be honest. of course it is sad someone working for his family is injured, but in terms of Colts football there's worse that could happen for sure. 

Screw this garbage. Feel bad for Samson, and we already get an injury blow to one of our better players for the year. Thought it might happen, and we drafted Latu, but it sucks he had to start this way. Seems we are always one of the teams with the most injuries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I kind of figured he had when they said he was taken off on a cart.

Time for Dayo to shine 

Latu*

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I kind of figured he had when they said he was taken off on a cart.

Time for Dayo to shine 

Dayo plays more inside then outside. Id say Latu gets the start if he performs in pre-season 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PackersNation said:

Tough break, wish him well in his recovery, it will be a full year before the doctors and he feel confident enough to get him out on the grass again. 

yeah, he's done for this year and will be limited next year to start camp I'd assume. seems like we get one every season, but I'm sure most teams do. would be more of an anomaly not to have an injury like this. 

That sucks. Our defense relies heavily on rotation and fresh players rushing the passer at any given moment and removing one of our best rushers will definitely hurt. On the other hand it gives even more of a green light in front of Latu to show what he can do early in his career. Lets hope he continues to impress even in the games... 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That sucks, but Latu now gets to play right away

Were you under the impression that Latu wasn’t going to play right away?   He was.  

Now he’ll play MORE.  He’ll get more snaps.   But he was always going to play a fair amount. 

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Were you under the impression that Latu wasn’t going to play right away?   He was.  

Now he’ll play MORE.  He’ll get more snaps.   But he was always going to play a fair amount. 

I was under the impression he wasn't gonna start and be used mostly for rush downs during the season. Now I expect him to start to replace Ebukam 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do you have a snap breakdown for Dayo?   How many at DE, how many at DT?   

Don't have that statistic. Just an eye test. I see Dayo rush more from the NT position or 3T when Buck goes outside on obvious passing downs then DE.

• Thanks 1

Very unfortunate for him but this just means that Latu will get more playing time than expected and we can really see what he can do. Paye is going to need to step the hell up and show us why they picked that 5th year option up. Samson was pretty good last season I believe with 9.5 almost double digit sacks we will need these guys to provide the same if not better production.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He typically kicks inside in third downs and clear passing downs and Grover comes out. 

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I was under the impression he wasn't gonna start and be used mostly for rush downs during the season. Now I expect him to start to replace Ebukam 

Me too.  I’ll make a wild prediction.  Latu now wins DROY.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Don't have that statistic. Just an eye test. I see Dayo rush more from the NT position or 3T when Buck goes outside on obviously passing downs then DE.

Dayo had 620 total snaps on the Dline.

101 inside and the rest outside. Had most of his snaps at LEO (263) and then REO (134).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

Dayo had 620 total snaps on the Dline.

101 inside and the rest outside. Had most of his snaps at LEO (263) and then REO (134).

Very interesting. Thank you for that. Do you know if he was better rushing inside or outside?

23 minutes ago, AKB said:

yeah, he's done for this year and will be limited next year to start camp I'd assume. seems like we get one every season, but I'm sure most teams do. would be more of an anomaly not to have an injury like this. 

Yes, all teams have injuries. Fans of every team also feel their team gets hit with injuries more than other teams, because they are close to it, and their fav teams injuries matter more to them.

Again, I wish him the best in his recovery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Very interesting. Thank you for that. Do you know if he was better rushing inside or outside?

my guess would be that his win rate is higher inside. 

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Me too.  I’ll make a wild prediction.  Latu now wins DROY.

Very possible. Hopefully he gets C.J for his first sack 🤞

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

Well at least Latu, Dayo, and Paye can play his spot...seriously bad news though.

I think Paye and Ebukam played opposites?

• Like 1

How do we see the DE room looking now?

Latu - Lewis

Paye - Dayo

Maybe Titus Leo or Isaiah Land to fill it out. Glad the draft shook out like it did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB said:

How do we see the DE room looking now?

Latu - Lewis

Paye - Dayo

Maybe Titus Leo or Isaiah Land to fill it out. Glad the draft shook out like it did.

the few rushes I watched from Leo last year he looked electric. I think we have a good group, even minus Ebukam. Dayo also got 8. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Very unfortunate for him but this just means that Latu will get more playing time than expected and we can really see what he can do. Paye is going to need to step the hell up and show us why they picked that 5th year option up. Samson was pretty good last season I believe with 9.5 almost double digit sacks we will need these guys to provide the same if not better production.

He typically kicks inside in third downs and clear passing downs and Grover comes out. 

Unless I missed it, I thought they didn’t pick up Payes option?

• Like 1