Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Vontae Davis found dead

2 hours ago, carmelcolt said:

well wiki is a pretty trusted source and they have it.........I take that back they just took it off their website, not sure if anyone knows. 1 second it was on he passed the next it was gone. mods may want to lock this until we find out this is not a terrible joke. sorry for the misinformation 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vontae_Davis

Wiki is not a trusted source, anybody can edit on it and post false information

• Thanks 1

A big part of Luck taking down Peyton twice at Lucas Oil Stadium in 2013 and 2015, his D limiting DeMaryius Thomas helping in crucial moments. 

RIP Vontae!!! Very sad to hear this.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

A big part of Luck taking down Peyton twice at Lucas Oil Stadium in 2013 and 2015, his D limiting DeMaryius Thomas helping in crucial moments. 

IMO the best corner the Colts have had since they came to Indy.  Very sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He was definitely a great Colt. I remember he had that great stretch where his side of the field was a no fly zone.

I also feel bad for his buddy that played corner on the other side of the field at the same time for us. He was definitely a forum whipping boy I remember.

Don't remember his name but he had the really long dreads and was a childhood friend of VD from the DC area.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

He was definitely a great Colt. I remember he had that great stretch where his side of the field was a no fly zone.

I also feel bad for his buddy that played corner on the other side of the field at the same time for us. He was definitely a forum whipping boy I remember.

Don't remember his name but he had the really long dreads and was a childhood friend of VD from the DC area.

Also wish comfort for Vontae's family and friends.

Maybe Toler Is who you are thinking of?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dunk said:

Also wish comfort for Vontae's family and friends.

Maybe Toler Is who you are thinking of?

Yep, thank you. Couldn't remember his name...

Wow it's been 9 years since Toler was here. Time goes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

It's terrible that both Demaryius and Vontae have already passed.

Prayers for Vontae's family.

• Like 1

Really heart breaking. This hits home, I remember meeting Davis when I went out to eat one night at Grindstone Charley's. This was back in 2014. I knew who it was and went over and shook his hand and told him my name and said to him, "AFC Title Game or bust", he said I got this Mike with a huge smile. He was there with 2 other people. RIP Vontae. Sometimes life isn't fair, we should all respect everyone's opinions, get a long, not ignore people that want to talk to you, and not let little petty things breakup friendships. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he had his best seasons with the Colts. I would even go as far as saying, he may be the best Corner we have ever have since moving to Indy.

Him or Big play Ray.    RIP Vontae

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That would be my 2 Corners with Bob and Bethea for my safeties. 

I believe Grigson traded for him with a 2nd round pick.  I would love for Ballard to find a similar talent for a 2nd round pick.   Vontae was a home run acquisition.  Forever remembered as a Colt star player.  

• Like 2

Remember,  you never know what a person is thinking or feeling.  Make sure you stay present and alert when dealing with loved ones.  This is a bit of conjecture on my part but I think it fits this narrative. 

• Like 1