Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am all offense to help AR out. 

That's where I'm at honestly in regards to the team makeup.

Help out AR and figure out if he's the guy to lead us for the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IinD said:

He’s already got a large part of the offense.  He has a true franchise back, two very good WRs and third some think will flourish with Richardson and a very good o-line.  They have several promising tight ends and if hey get Moss back I don’t think you need much on offense.  Maybe another WR or TE like Bowers if he’s there.  Beyond that maybe a guard for depth which can come in the later rounds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Me too, hell trade for Higgins and draft Bowers Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train- imagine our offense with AR, Taylor, Pittman, Higgins, Downs, Pierce, and Bowers?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Hines complained and didn’t want to be here.

No thanks! Although I don’t blame him having to play for Frank

Hines like you said, didn't complain about Indy....his beef was being shoved up the middle on first and second down 150 times a season. 

He's also currently still busy looking for his kneecap I think

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I saw 2 years, 5.8 total. Did I missread?

I think so.   I don’t know how many pages back you’d have to go to find it?   But the numbers that were reported were 2/12 with $7.7 guaranteed. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too, hell trade for Higgins and draft Bowers Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train- imagine our offense with AR, Taylor, Pittman, Higgins, Downs, Pierce, and Bowers?

In all likely hood if you trade for Higgins you aren’t going to have a first to get Bowers and that’s even if the bengals will honor his request to be traded.

33 minutes ago, wig said:

I'm not saying I don't like Franklin, but reward your own for what, missing the playoffs for the 3rd straight year?  Has anyone on the team won the division? 

garner minshew missed his wide open running back en the flat lol & the colts have been a qb carousel for almost a decade … defense can only do so much bruh, dnt be naive. qb is the most important position en football, there’s your answer 😂

42 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Can’t believe we let a pro bowl qb walk smh!

????      Serious, or sarcastic?   

The Colts were NEVER going to match that offer.  They will find another veteran QB on the FA market this year.  Maybe Brissett?   Maybe Tyrod Taylor?   Maybe Tyler Huntley?   Someone like that.  

Trust that Shane will find someone he can work with. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Apparently there was competition for Lewis and in the end Colts were able to keep him.

I'm sure there was.

Happy he showed some loyalty, for us standing with him through his injuries.

Been a great story really.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is a good news for Pats with them most likely drafting a QB. Jacoby and Minshew seem to always find places where they have a chance to start.

Happy for Jacoby. Say what you will, but dude’s a survivor. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Superman said:

These decisions are incredibly 'meh' to me.

I agree. It's like let's keep the band together that didn't win, can't seem to win the division or make the playoffs...:funny:

It's absurd. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Legit great backup.

Legit, he can start for over half the teams in the league. And I’m not a Brissett fan but he’s gotten better and better each year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Legit, he can start for over half the teams in the league. And I’m not a Brissett fan but he’s gotten better and better each year

He is like Minshew, can start for a few teams no doubt. Don't be surprised if Minshew isn't the starter in Vegas.

I'm sorry. I'm going to be me and throw in my hat piggy backing off what an article at stampede blue seems to reiterate. 

When are we Colts' fans going to realize that keeping OUR OWN doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing.  Did the Colts get any better so far today or have they stayed the same mediocre team everyone seems to be content with?

As I stated above, this team and its current players who we have resigned today did not and have not won the division or a playoff game in eons now. 

What makes any one of you think that it's going to magically happen this year and if you tell me because AR might play more games next year, you really have zero clue here in its obvious conclusion. 

This approach is laughable. 

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

when are you going to stop complaining?

Dude come on? I mean, keep some of our guys sure but actually go and get some real difference makers. PAY THEM

How many people on here been complaining about needing a safety. OK, why isn't McKinney a Colt? I mean I'm not saying that should've been done but go get some REAL talent at positions we need upgrades at. Signing our own guys is not going to cut it because these players are not good enough to get this team over the top and that's not an opinion that's based on the results we have witnessed for a long time now.

I'm not complaining, I'm just  saying...

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Dude come on? I mean, keep some of our guys sure but actually go and get some real difference makers. PAY THEM

How many people on here been complaining about needing a safety. OK, why isn't McKinney a Colt? I mean I'm not saying that should've been done but go get some REAL talent at positions we need upgrades at. Signing our own guys is not going to cut it because these players are not good enough to get this team over the top and that's not an opinion that's based on the results we have witnessed for a long time now.

yea some ppl dnt value independent thoughts lol

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Indeee said:

… it’s day 1 of legal tampering period. Samsun Ebukam was a game changer for the defense last season and was signed on day 2. 

I wouldn’t have been upset about McKinney. I think he’s a stud. But I don’t know what the strategic plan is of the Colts either, and as @NewColtsFan has repeatedly said, don’t bet that we will be signing anyone outside our four walls for the $17 million a year he is getting. What do you expect? To trade a 2nd and 5th and throw $150 mil at Brian burns? 

It’s the first day of a long offseason. 

who is to say McKinney wasn’t offered similar money and turned his nose up to Indianapolis? Can you even comprehend such a thing? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I go back & forth on this as well.

But,

• Grover Stewart - top 2-3 NT on the market.

• Kenny Moore • top slot corner

• Michael Pittman - top WR available if not tagged (arguably tied at 1 with Higgins)  

Blackmon is a young safety that’s going to be much cheaper than other options. He is replaceable but should be an affordable resign. 

Ballard’s approach has always been sign your own guys, sign 1-2 2nd tier impact players in FA, & use the draft to build the team. We’re all hoping he signs a top tier difference maker but they have to want to play for Indy too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

… it’s day 1 of legal tampering period. Samsun Ebukam was a game changer for the defense last season and was signed on day 2. 

I wouldn’t have been upset about McKinney. I think he’s a stud. But I don’t know what the strategic plan is of the Colts either, and as @NewColtsFan has repeatedly said, don’t bet that we will be signing anyone outside our four walls for the $17 million a year he is getting. What do you expect? To trade a 2nd and 5th and throw $150 mil at Brian burns? 

It’s the first day of a long offseason. 

I could see us giving that to sneed. That’s what he will command. I would rather pay a corner and get a cheaper vet at safety that can at least improve the defense while young guys deviation.

15 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

yea some ppl dnt value independent thoughts lol

I don’t value complaining on opening day of free agency. That isn’t independent thinking, it’s just complaining without knowing what moves may be made in the coming days… And about something that the gm couldn’t be more clear regarding his stance. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I could see us giving that to sneed. That’s what he will command. I would rather pay a corner and get a cheaper vet at safety that can at least improve the defense while young guys deviation.

the fact that Kenny isn’t re-signed is interesting… 

I could see us making a push for Snead as the splash move. Maybe not. But there is definitely smoke there. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Indeee said:

McKinney isn't a Colt because he broke the bank. 68 mill over 4 years is what I'm reading

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I could see us making a push for Snead as the splash move. Maybe not. But there is definitely smoke there. 

I’m actually surprised and disappointed Moore hasn’t resigned.  So far I think Ballard has paid the players he resigned very well.  He has taken care of his own players like he always has.  I have to believe he has a very good offer in front of Kenny.  But so far nothing.  I think tomorrow is going to be a very big day where hopefully Kenny resigns and we acquire a playmaker or two.  On to day two.

23 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Very possible. Did any of our young corners grade out well in the slot?  

Maybe his thought is to pay a stud outside corner & let the young guys fight for the 2 & 3 spot. We might not be able to afford both Kenny & Sneed 

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Very possible. Did any of our young corners grade out well in the slot?  

Maybe his thought is to pay a stud outside corner & let the young guys fight for the 2 & 3 spot. We might not be able to afford both Kenny & Sneed 

I don’t know. I don’t follow grades like some do. I’m not sure anyone really even played the slot last year, since Kenny only missed one game… 

57 minutes ago, Indeee said:

McKinney didnt make much of a difference for the Giants last year. The 1 good year theyve had, he was actually hurt and missed half the season. He aint moving the needle. 

People over rate these free agents every year.