Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills Plan to release Hines

I’d be good with Hines.   And I have no idea which way Steichen/Ballard might lean?   

I have argued strongly for Moss to be back.   But I don’t know if he’d return for what the Colts would offer.  Moss’s agent says they want 3/18.   I seriously doubt Ballard would pay close to that.  I’d guess 2/10, tops.  

So Moss might just turn into Wally Pipp!   For those too young to know, Pipp was the Yankees first baseman before some guy named Gehrig came along.  Pipp sat out one game and never got his job back.   Moss might negotiate himself to another team.   And while I really like Moss he might not be back.  

Just sayin…. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think you would bring back Hines as the primary backup. You bring him back as a versatile chess piece that gives Steichen more creativity. Also could be your punt returner.

Agree 100%

• Like 3

I think if Shane had Hines when he was with us and healthy, he would’ve been a mini mccaffrey.

now after the ACL injury, I’m not sure.  Idk, I’d rather see what we can grab in the draft.  Maybe find a gadget player in the late rounds that Shane can turn into something, similar to what the chiefs did selecting Pacheco in the 7th.  

eh, I’d pass.  Hate to see it happen because I did like nyheim and thought he wasn’t being used correctly.  #hinesupthegut

No. It’s unfortunate that the jet skiing accident busted his ACL. Not everyone is Adrian Peterson to come back at a high level from it. I’d rather get someone with less questions from the draft.

17 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think he would fit Shane’s offense so well. Would you want him back.

I would love to bring back Hines, Moss is a great backup but think he will go somewhere to compete to be the starter. Hines would be the type of RB we are currently missing as a 3rd down backup that we are currently missing, imagine him catching the ball instead of Goodson.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

No. It’s unfortunate that the jet skiing accident busted his ACL. Not everyone is Adrian Peterson to come back at a high level from it. I’d rather get someone with less questions from the draft.

Players are coming back from ACLs like it's no big deal these days. My question is whether his injury was more than just the ACL. 

Either way, I wouldn't see Hines as the backup to JT, so he wouldn't be an effective replacement for Moss anyway.

• Like 2

I doubt the team would bring him back. If I’m recalling correctly, I believe Hines requested to be traded out of Indy. I understand anything is possible but that probably was the end of his time with Indy for good. I expect someone to take a chance on him. Maybe the eagles?

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Players are coming back from ACLs like it's no big deal these days. My question is whether his injury was more than just the ACL. 

Either way, I wouldn't see Hines as the backup to JT, so he wouldn't be an effective replacement for Moss anyway.

A guy like Will Shipley of Clemson could do the occasional James White type runs plus can be very effective in the passing game too. I would like us to invest in one of those guys. RBs, you get one in the draft every 2-3 years, IMO.

He wanted out of Indy under Frank. Frank’s gone. Shane has proven to be exciting and inventive.  Hines appears to be a great fit for Shane as a reliable set of receiving skills.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2024 at 1:44 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think he would fit Shane’s offense so well. Would you want him back.

When the going got tough Hines got going.  I don’t wish him ill will and certainly this is not what he had in mind. But his Colts days are over.  

On 3/4/2024 at 8:41 PM, jimmy g said:

He wanted out of Indy under Frank. Frank’s gone. Shane has proven to be exciting and inventive.  Hines appears to be a great fit for Shane as a reliable set of receiving skills.

He wanted out of Indy when he figured out he would never be a featured back.  

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 4:01 PM, Colt Overseas said:

If we can’t get Moss back, I’d love to get Nyheim back. He and Taylor had a nice 1-2 punch a couple of years ago. Just wonder if he requesting a trade from the Colts kind of burnt some bridges though.

Y'all forget about the young back we drafted last year?