Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR to throw?

12 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

So I assume that clip of him throwing is actually old footage? 

Couldn't tell ya. Honestly, I havnt read the article or watched the video. I saw the article as I scrolled through Google looking for stuff to read, saw your question, and figured it was relevant to your question.

• Like 1

I may be in the minority, but I think he could be better than Stroud. From the 4 games I watched AR play, his pocket presence was just as good as Stroud's was, his accuracy wasn't too bad either at 60% - that will even improve IMO. He only threw 1 INT so he doesn't throw dumb passes. The difference is, he can use his legs better than Stroud and it isn't even close. He had 2 easy TD runs at Houston in their 1st matchup. We will see but as of now I have us even with the Texans and Jags regarding who wins the Division. We almost won it this past season, it came down to 1 play and AR was not playing. Stroud was consistently good this past season but nothing special, Lawrence regressed for the Jags but still dangerous.

Here is my early before Draft/Free Agency projections to win the AFC South:

1. Colts, Texans, Jags all at 30%, these teams are capable of winning 10 games.

2. Titans at 10% - not sold on Levis or their new Coach + Henry is a year older. They will be lucky to win 6 games. 

Remember, this pre-Draft, pre-Free Agency. These teams may make huge splashes by the end of April.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

AR is the only man who can stop Kermit and the Chiefs now. 

Colts fans has been going crazy  with this take on social media. How about progressing and playing healthy most of the season respectfully.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kermit is now the 2nd greatest of all-time according to most, taking down Press Conference Kermit GIFwill be tough. They might 3-Peat.

I still don’t get how the Ravens got away from their identity which is run first pass when needed against them. Then the 49ers did something similar. Is it a ego thing or does the threat of matching Mahomes scares them of playing their game and has them second guessing? What’s scary for the rest of the AFC is this was probably the worst offense Mahomes had in his career.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I still don’t get how the Ravens got away from their identity which is run first pass when needed against them. Then the 49ers did something similar. Is it a ego thing or does the threat of matching Mahomes scares them of playing their game and has them second guessing? What’s scary for the rest of the AFC is this was probably the worst offense Mahomes had in his career.

Ravens didn't run Dalvin Cook once either. They had the worst possible game plan I have ever seen against a team like KC. McCaffrey was reminding me of Emmitt Smith late in the game, 49ers had them in wearing them out, just keep running it. That missed extra point was a such a game changer too. KC could have lost 17-13 right there because if they would have had to go for it on 4th down, down 4.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ravens didn't run Dalvin Cook once either. They had the worst possible game plan I have ever seen against a team like KC. McCaffrey was reminding me of Emmitt Smith late in the game, 49ers had them in wearing them out, just keep running it. That missed extra point was a such a game changer too. KC could have lost 17-13 right there because if they would have had to go for it on 4th down, down 4.

Yes despite Mahomes being the best QB many things out of his control went his team way. The fumble, botched punt, missed extra point  and Greenwall tearing his achilles running on to the field. I felt so bad for him because he’s going to miss majority of next season as well.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Yes despite Mahomes being the best QB many things out of his control went his team way. The fumble, botched punt, missed extra point  and Greenwall tearing his achilles running on to the field. I felt so bad for him because he’s going to miss majority of next season as well.

Sometimes in Football, it is better to be lucky than great. KC was simply lucky yesterday and got the win. 49ers had so many things go wrong for them and they still could have won. If I was 49ers fan, I would be sick to my stomach, if I am a Chiefs fan, I would be breathing a sigh of relief. I remember back in 2006, I felt like we were the best that season but I was breathing a huge sigh of relief when we beat the Pats in that Title Game. We got 3 or 4 big breaks that helped us. Manning was great in the 2nd Half but we got lucky to win that.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lots of "ifs"

10 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

AR is the only man who can stop Kermit and the Chiefs now. 

I’d love that to be true but as of now he’s going to have to show me( as we say in Missouri). As of now he’s still a big question mark. I just hope the colts aren’t wasting their time with him. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Colts fans has been going crazy  with this take on social media. How about progressing and playing healthy most of the season respectfully.

Colts Twitter is like this. It's delusional and embarrassing. It really just serves as an extension of Colts PR.

But the irony is that a lot of it is just trolling other fanbases...since we haven't had much to celebrate for the past several years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Colts Twitter is like this. It's delusional and embarrassing. It really just serves as an extension of Colts PR.

But the irony is that a lot of it is just trolling other fanbases...since we haven't had much to celebrate for the past several years.

As you may know, I’m not on Twitter…. So I’m not following your argument.   Shouldn’t Colts Twitter serve as an extension to Colts PR?   Aren’t they doing exactly what they should be doing?   

Trolling other fan bases?   Can you offer up an example?   

Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand your viewpoint….  

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Twitter itself is a small section of the public. There’s a few solid people I follow on there but I don’t take what most people say on there that seriously. Trolls galore lol.

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sometimes in Football, it is better to be lucky than great. KC was simply lucky yesterday and got the win. 49ers had so many things go wrong for them and they still could have won. If I was 49ers fan, I would be sick to my stomach, if I am a Chiefs fan, I would be breathing a sigh of relief. I remember back in 2006, I felt like we were the best that season but I was breathing a huge sigh of relief when we beat the Pats in that Title Game. We got 3 or 4 big breaks that helped us. Manning was great in the 2nd Half but we got lucky to win that.

When you get the breaks, you have to capitalize and we did. 49ers got an INT after half time, had the Chiefs on the ropes to extend their lead but didn't. Those small things matter. You get the opportunity, don't waste it. I remember the ball popping up from Reggie Wayne's hands in the middle of 3 Pats defenders and falling back into it, my heart felt fear and then relief when that happened all within a couple of seconds in that AFCCG comeback.

17 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Ravens got spooked once the initial runs got stopped mostly and they fell behind, that is the bottom line. This is a good video that explains it:

The metrics actually supported it because their runs weren't working. Chiefs got them out of those running plays by playing ahead and stopping them with their base formations. They were forcing Lamar to beat man coverage, Lamar should have ran more, not the RB (they put the onus on Lamar and he made bad decisions) because teams typically don't do that by playing man coverage with their backs to him because of his threat to run, it was a gamble Spags took that paid off.

Overall, lots of wrong decision making by Lamar in critical moments cost them. Not knowing when to run when the opportunity was there, and showing his hand at times etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I hope he has expert advice regarding pacing and people who help him with that - don't want any set-backs!

He  is a 4th overall pick.  I'm guessing he has far more expert advise than he likes

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He  is a 4th overall pick.  I'm guessing he has far more expert advise than he likes

I heard he had his surgery at the local Urgent Care so who knows how we're treating him.. 😂..

7 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Maybe or perhaps it would be better if he gained some muscle to better withstand the beating he’s going to take.

I think you’ll see him play with more regard now. In fact, I think the colts will insist on it. Instead of Lamar Jackson like taking off and running with it, I think it’ll look like Mahomes where he’ll most only run it when he’s WIDE open on the lanes and then get down or out of bounds. Not saying he’s going to be Mahomes level hood, just saying that I think he’ll be much smarter about the when and where to run it.

• Like 3