Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kelly, Buckner, and Minshew added to Pro Bowl (MERGE)

GoColts8818

• NFLfan changed the title to Kelly, Buckner, and Minshew added to Pro Bowl

https://www.wthr.com/article/sports/nfl/indianapolis-colts/gardner-minshew-named-2024-pro-bowl-quarterback-indianapolis/531-162f2203-fe49-45ab-a773-0d127c10e5ce

good for Minshew but this made me laugh, a lot. Just shows how low the bar has become that Minshew gets a nod. He’s average at best but to make it over guys like Stroud and Lamar is hilariously wrong 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nice honor for Gardner.   But we shouldn’t read too much into it.   He’s there because a good number of other players have chosen NOT to be.   

Either way, happy for him.  

GM was voted in over Josh Allen

• w87r changed the title to Kelly, Buckner, and Minshew added to Pro Bowl (MERGE)
10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Pro bowl needs to just go away

The best players decline to play or can't play because they are going to the Super Bowl. A dynamic player like Deebo Samuel has made only one Pro Bowl.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did Gardner Minshew get the nod over Josh Allen? Allen must have declined it, as he surely should be in the Pro Bowl.

I think several QBs declined it to get to Gardner no disrespect to Gardner lol.

21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Pro bowl needs to just go away

It pretty much has.  It’s now just skill games and a flag football game.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It pretty much has.  It’s now just skill games and a flag football game

I thought the NFL would get rid of it after Robert Edwards sustained a career-altering injury in a meaningless game.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

I'm hoping he had some big bonus language in his contract for something like this.

Minshew has already collected about 2-2.5 million in bonuses so far.   I don’t know about any bonuses for the Pro Bowl.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I thought the NFL would get rid of it after Robert Edwards sustained a career-altering injury in a meaningless game.

They did, that wasn’t the pro-bowl though.  It was part of probowl week but it was like a beach football game that went away after that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They did, that wasn’t the pro-bowl though.  It was part of probowl week but it was like a beach football game that went away after that.

Yeah, that's right. How can the NFL allow players to play football on an uneven surface like sand?!!

42 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

GM was voted in over Josh Allen

OK….    Do you have a link that says voted in?    

Because I just read three stories about Minshew and the Pro Bowl.  All said he was named, not one said he was voted.  Also, Josh Allen has asked out of the Pro Bowl.   He’s playing golf that day in Florida.  Wants no part of the game.  

The idea that players VOTED in Minshew over Josh Allen should seem astounding to you.   There shouldn’t be more than a 0.1 percent chance of that ever happening.  If you have a link that says it did, odds are high the link is incorrect.