Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sudden Death Cage Match: Colts vs. Texans *Saturday 8:15pm (MERGE)

RollerColt

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t know if this will come into play with stroud. Colts play a lot of zone. Rookie quarterbacks tend to have a lot of problems with zone defenses. 

Stroud threw for 384 yards and 2 tds  in first match up zone 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I better get that game where I live. Going to be mad if I don’t.

It's the only game at that time, so should be a national game? 

• Thanks 1

I usually hate Saturday games because I go into work at midnight on Saturday and sleep all day on Saturday after getting off at 8am. With this being at 815pm I can live with it though. The Pitt game screwed me up with that 430pm start! I will just sleep all day after working all night Friday night and get up around 7pm and load up on my Starbucks Coffee before gametime. I can't drink anything because of work but I will still be able to watch the game before I head in at 12(midnight) with a caffeine blast Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV.

• Like 7

• w87r changed the title to Sudden Death Cage Match: Colts vs. Texans *Saturday 8:15pm (MERGE)
9 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Number 2 seed. It will be Bills, chiefs, or browns for Colts if they win.

Ravens have clinched division and #1 seed. So Browns will be a wild card, period. I think you meant to say Dolphins.

Its Dolphins or Bills, period IF we stay at No.7. Chiefs only possible if we get up to No.6.

If Dolphins beat Bills, it’s Dolphins because they’d have only 5 losses compared to the Chiefs 6 losses (assuming Chiefs beat Chargers)

If Bills beat Dolphins, it’s Bills because they have tie breaker over Chiefs and Dolphins.

Possibilities for Bills (affecting entire AFC playoffs) based on whether they win or lose:

Bills win: AFC No. 2 seed

Bills lose, Jaguars win, Steelers win: Buffalo out of playoffs

Bills lose, Jaguars lose, Steelers lose: No. 6 seed in AFC

Bills lose, Jaguars lose, Steelers win: No. 7 seed in AFC

Bills lose, Steelers lose, Jaguars win: No. 7 seed in AFC

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Creekside said:

Will I be able to watch this on ESPN without any kind of subscription?

Yes, get an antenna for $20, tune it to local channels if you have a decent Smart TV tuner. Been watching football games on ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX the last 2 seasons for free :) because of this possibility.

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Yes, get an antenna for $20, tune it to local channels if you have a decent Smart TV tuner. Been watching football games on ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX the last 2 seasons for free :) because of this possibility.

Thanks, yeah I have a cheap antenna..ABC is the only network I don't get....

1 minute ago, Creekside said:

Thanks, yeah I have a cheap antenna..ABC is the only network I don't get....

I watched the New Years Eve show with Ryan Seacrest just fine last night on ABC. Get a good antenna, well worth it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ravens have clinched division and #1 seed. So Browns will be a wild card, period. I think you meant to say Dolphins.

Its Dolphins or Bills, period IF we stay at No.7. Chiefs only possible if we get up to No.6.

If Dolphins beat Bills, it’s Dolphins because they’d have only 5 losses compared to the Chiefs 6 losses (assuming Chiefs beat Chargers)

If Bills beat Dolphins, it’s Bills because they have tie breaker over Chiefs and Dolphins.

Possibilities for Bills (affecting entire AFC playoffs) based on whether they win or lose:

Bills win: AFC No. 2 seed

Bills lose, Jaguars win, Steelers win: Buffalo out of playoffs

Bills lose, Jaguars lose, Steelers lose: No. 6 seed in AFC

Bills lose, Jaguars lose, Steelers win: No. 7 seed in AFC

Bills lose, Steelers lose, Jaguars win: No. 7 seed in AFC

I meant that is who colts will play. They asked who the 7th seed plays. They play the two seed. Colts will either be 4th 6th or 7th seed. Do they will play browns, KC, bills.

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I meant that is who colts will play. They asked who the 7th seed plays. They play the two seed. Colts will either be 4th 6th or 7th seed. Do they will play browns, KC, bills.

Are we guaranteed a playoff spot at this point?

I don't have ESPN, so am glad that the game is on ABC also. Scenario is simple: win they're in, lose and go home. It doesn't matter what other AFC teams do, as long as the Colts win. The only difference would be seeding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creekside said:

Will I be able to watch this on ESPN without any kind of subscription?

ABC will also air it over the air.

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Are we guaranteed a playoff spot at this point?

No, they have to win to be in.

• Like 1

Apologies if already explained earlier…

if we win, and the jags and chiefs both lose - chiefs and colts would both be 10-7 division winners 

I see that chiefs are locked into #3 seed - can someone point out the tiebreaker colts lose to the chiefs (the reason we would be the 4th seed)?

Happy new year!

50 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Another avenue is get the free trial of nfl plus you would just have to watch on your phone. You can also get a free trial to sling or fubo and watch it on your tv. There are options. I don’t have don or nfl network so I get the nfl plus subscription.

I’ve been watching games on steameast or crack stream. Crack stream is actually better. You have to have a smart tv with a browser app.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NoVA Colts Fan said:

Apologies if already explained earlier…

if we win, and the jags and chiefs both lose - chiefs and colts would both be 10-7 division winners 

I see that chiefs are locked into #3 seed - can someone point out the tiebreaker colts lose to the chiefs (the reason we would be the 4th seed)?

Happy new year!

Conference record 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I would love if we play the Bills .....  Cold game, but one that I will go to.  (Its a stadium on my bucket list)

I've been 22 away stadiums, seeing the Colts on my bucket list

Unless we can start to rush the passer a bit better, we will be one and done

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I usually hate Saturday games because I go into work at midnight on Saturday and sleep all day on Saturday after getting off at 8am…

I can’t do nights. Army broke me. Since I got out, I am totally solar powered. :)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would love if we play the Bills .....  Cold game, but one that I will go to.  (Its a stadium on my bucket list)

I've been 22 away stadiums, seeing the Colts on my bucket list

Unless we can start to rush the passer a bit better, we will be one and done

Ravens and Bills, both are tough matchups if they end up being the No.1 and No.2 seeds, on the road. Lately, our road record has taken a turn for the worse. I'd rather face KC that has been very shaky at home lately. 

However, Steichen with Hurts in Year 1 was the No.7 seed on the road losing to the Bucs. Year 2 - they added several pieces and went to the SB. Hopefully Ballard follows a little bit of the Eagles' blue print, even if it is signing marquee free agents for a year or two to maximize AR's rookie contract window, with the BIG assumption AR gives us 80-90% of snaps every year moving forward. 

First things first, let us win vs the Texans, will be as tough as it can get but am sure glad it is at home. :) 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, w87r said:

Conference record 

Ok. Figured it out.   Common opponent record.  

if we win and chiefs lose   we both have same 8-4 conf record 

the chiefs win over jags, browns, and chiefs w other games are the main reason   Their record v common opponents much better than ours 

now I can go back on just worrying about winning Saturday!

thanks!

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to admit, this game has me worried. Stroud is no joke. I knew we would win yesterday, Saturday is a 50/50 game. We have to play smart and get some Turnovers.

It’s a good thing we’re playing at home. I hope the Colts fans turn up the noise when Stroud is on the field. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

It’s a good thing we’re playing at home. I hope the Colts fans turn up the noise when Stroud is on the field. 

We beat him once, so we know his weaknesses. Hopefully he has a bad day as well, he could being a rookie in a huge prime time game for a playoff spot.

• Like 2