Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sudden Death Cage Match: Colts vs. Texans *Saturday 8:15pm (MERGE)

RollerColt

First things first we have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with stupid plays. We also can’t be too conservative on offense. Hopefully everyone is cleared to play for the biggest gsme of the year. All the preparation, film study, scouting and  the sweat and blood needs to translate in to a win. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

First things first we have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with stupid plays. We also can’t be too conservative on offense. Hopefully everyone is cleared to play for the biggest gsme of the year. All the preparation, film study, scouting and  the sweat and blood needs to translate in to a win. 

Exactly and Shane needs to call a much better game than he did today.

• Like 2

Just now, richard pallo said:

Exactly and Shane needs to call a much better game than he did today.

No kidding we really were lucky to beat LV we let Adams make play after play. 

we gave up way too many 3rd and long plays playing that stupid zone that O’Connell just kept exploiting our defense. I know the defense played well in general but I’m sick and tired of seeing on third and 10. We’re giving a 5 yard gap over and over again we make the playoffs but I would like to see Bradley replaced 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

No kidding we really were lucky to beat LV we let Adams make play after play. 

we gave up way too many 3rd and long plays playing that stupid zone that O’Connell just kept exploiting our defense. I know the defense played well in general but I’m sick and tired of seeing on third and 10. We’re giving a 5 yard gap over and over again we make the playoffs but I would like to see Bradley replaced 

We only gave up 20 points and we were without Moore and Blackmon.  The zone doesn’t give up a lot of points normally.  Our problem is scoring.  Not enough opportunities imo.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Unless they give it to Dan Campbell

Doubtful as they won 9 games last year so a +3, not that he didnt do a great job but not how this award is given out typically . Colts and Texans BOTH much improved over Lions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It should be Steichen or Stefanski. Can’t argue with either with all the crap both teams have dealt with.

Hard to argue with either or Ryens.  Even Campbell has an argument as he might be the only one to win his divison.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ryan’s has had his QB. Colts have a backup and browns have played 4 quarterbacks.

Yes but he also took a team who was the worst team in the league almost all of last year to perhaps a playoff appearance.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ryan’s is the media darling so won’t be shocked. I just don’t agree with it compared to browns and colts.

If I had to rank them I’d go:

Stefanski 

winner of the Colts Texans game

Campbell

Loser of the Colts Texans game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am thinking both teams will be healthy (we don't have AR is the main exception). Moss should be good to go next week I would think, and I didn't see anyone injured today. Moore should be back too. 

Taylor went into the tent late for his hand came back played a couple more snaps and wasn’t seen again.  Something to watch.

Also Speed left and I am not sure if he cameback.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am thinking both teams will be healthy (we don't have AR is the main exception). Moss should be good to go next week I would think, and I didn't see anyone injured today. Moore should be back too. 

There were some injuries but they all came back in. Just something to monitor for the week. Tunsil left for Texans but dont know if he came back in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Taylor went into the tent late for his hand came back played a couple more snaps and wasn’t seen again.  Something to watch.

Didn’t notice speed left. Taylor is all smiles with the cbs post game so hopefully he is ok. Kelly left with a while and came back. Nelson was limping but finished.

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Speed did come back on that onside kick and almost choked but thanks to Rodney Thomas for recovering the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Didn’t notice speed left. Taylor is all smiles with the cbs post game so hopefully he is ok. Kelly left with a while and came back. Nelson was limping but finished.

He was the one that went down that caused the injury time out late.

• Like 1

They are going to have to play a clean game.  Some of the errors that we have seen in the last few weeks (both in wins and losses) cannot happen.  

Bradley has to be willing to do things that don't necessarily vibe with his core beliefs and change up coverage and blitzes.  I can tell you right now, if they play that soft (5+ yrds off) zone, with no extra rusher Stroud will tear that apart.  O'Connell set a career high in passing yards today and I will venture to say 80% of his yards came when the Colts were in zone.  Heineke also killed us last week when we played a large part of the game that way.  With the way this season has turned out, Stroud is probably going to be the best QB we have faced and he is a completely different player than he was in week 2.  That being said, he is still a rookie and they have to try and confuse him, speed him up and not allow him to get comfortable or in a rhythm.    

I don't think we can win this game without forcing a turnover or two, winning the turnover battle.   We have gone two straight games without a turnover and hopefully that ends next week. 

Offensively, they need to continue to lean on the run game and continue to mix up how they are running and who they are using.  I think Trey Sermon has shown enough in both the Steelers game and today that he warrants getting closer to 1/4th to 1/3rd of the total rushing attempts.  

If Steichen has any wrinkles (such as splitting JT wide) which we have not seen in a few weeks, now is the time to break them out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Taylor came back after that and ran it down their throats 9 straight plays. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Taylor came back after that and ran it down their throats 9 straight plays. 

The Colts did but Taylor didn’t stay in for that whole drive.  He got the first few hand offs and then came back out again.  I don’t know if it was rotation or if it was his hand still bugging him.  Like I said it’s something to watch.

One thing is for sure, whoever wins the Colts versus Texans game will eliminate the Steelers out of the playoffs :) Since all three Jaguars, Colts and Texans have beaten the Steelers

No ties please!!! :) 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Anyone else think this might be the Sunday Night Game next week?

Doubtful.  Bills and Miami is going to be for the division and has more star players than the Colts and Texans.  Could be the Saturday night game though.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Doubtful.  Bills and Miami is going to be for the division and has more star players than the Colts and Texans.  Could be the Saturday night game though.

Doubtful because the Jaguars have to play at the same time, so they’ll try to align those timings, IMO

Just now, chad72 said:

Doubtful because the Jaguars have to play at the same time, so they’ll try to align those timings, IMO

The Jags don’t have to play at the same time.  The Colts and Texans game is still a virtual playoff game regardless of what the Jags do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Jags don’t have to play at the same time.  The Colts and Texans game is still a virtual playoff game regardless of what the Jags do.

So the loser of the Colts/Texans game is eliminated?