Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2024 Current Up to Date Roster + Cap Outlook. OP updated + on page 12(MERGE)

w87r

Moss isn’t coming back, why should he. Once Richardson got that contract, the colts were going to give him all the carries. I didn’t like giving him that big contract, so I would love to trade him for a first this year or next plus and sign moss saving a lot of money. He was the nfl leading rusher until Richardson started taking his playing time.

sign Stewart for a reasonable contract. I think his suspension will hurt him as a free agent, the risk of it happening again.

trade Franklin for what ever the colts can get and draft two lb’s. This is the biggest need and has been for years!!

I think the secondary and dl are ok. Lb upgrade and a more aggressive defense would help the most.

i don’t want to pay Pittman top money. If he walks, draft a wr. I’m one of the few pierce supporters here. The te’s haven’t showed me much and would get rid of most of them and sign or draft one that’s can block and catch.

O-line is ok, just some depth.

i have seen enough of minshew. Ether draft a qb mid rounds, sign a free agent that will actually throw the ball down field and is mobile, and see what Ehlinger has or dump him if he isn’t good enough.

A lot of people here are saying you have to get top offensive players for your young qb. I think if you really have a top qb, he will make all the players better. Did jc stroud have to have top players brought in to make him a success? No!! He made them better. That’s what happens if you have a top qb. Richardson will make the current colts players look a lot better if he is that top qb the team and most here think he is.

On 1/15/2024 at 4:00 PM, husker61 said:

Moss isn’t coming back, why should he. Once Richardson got that contract, the colts were going to give him all the carries. I didn’t like giving him that big contract, so I would love to trade him for a first this year or next plus and sign moss saving a lot of money. He was the nfl leading rusher until Richardson started taking his playing time.

sign Stewart for a reasonable contract. I think his suspension will hurt him as a free agent, the risk of it happening again.

trade Franklin for what ever the colts can get and draft two lb’s. This is the biggest need and has been for years!!

I think the secondary and dl are ok. Lb upgrade and a more aggressive defense would help the most.

i don’t want to pay Pittman top money. If he walks, draft a wr. I’m one of the few pierce supporters here. The te’s haven’t showed me much and would get rid of most of them and sign or draft one that’s can block and catch.

i have seen enough of minshew. Ether draft a qb mid rounds, sign a free agent that will actually throw the ball down field and is mobile, and see what Ehlinger has or dump him if he isn’t good enough.

A lot of people here are saying you have to get top offensive players for your young qb. I think if you really have a top qb, he will make all the players better. Did jc stroud have to have top players brought in to make him a success? No!! He made them better. That’s what happens if you have a top qb. Richardson will make the current colts players look a lot better if he is that top qb the team and most here think he is.

So many inaccuracies in this post.  My goodness

• Like 3

On 1/15/2024 at 4:00 PM, husker61 said:

Did you mean Taylor?  Richardson is on a rookie deal.

48 minutes ago, w87r said:

https://www.colts.com/news/tony-sparano-jr-offensive-line-ryan-kelly-quenton-nelson-bernhard-raimann-2023

Was going to create a thread, but we have enough of those.

This is a great article on the Sparano and the OL, and for the thread, has a great outlook for the team moving forward.

that backs up what I said about the o-line.

58 minutes ago, w87r said:

https://www.colts.com/news/tony-sparano-jr-offensive-line-ryan-kelly-quenton-nelson-bernhard-raimann-2023

Was going to create a thread, but we have enough of those.

This is a great article on the Sparano and the OL, and for the thread, has a great outlook for the team moving forward.

Another real testament that coaching matters.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Just a hunch but I think he knows Ballard is looking for a WR1 at Shane’s request.

WA is rebuilding so it could be a possibility. Tweet is like 29. Not young anymore so would be a nice piece. His cap hit isn’t much for 24 and could restructure after that. I could see them being able to keep Pittman and get terry. Mainly because of Terrys age. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

WA is rebuilding so it could be a possibility. Tweet is like 29. Not young anymore so would be a nice piece. His cap hit isn’t much for 24 and could restructure after that. I could see them being able to keep Pittman and get terry. Mainly because of Terrys age. 

Seems to make sense.  He just might be the explosive player they are looking for.  I think he knows inquiries are be made.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Seems to make sense.  He just might be the explosive player they are looking for.  I think he knows inquiries are be made.  

If we could pull off someone like him in a trade. Then add one vet safety/corner in FA we can fill in rest in the draft. Terrys age should make if we can get him for a 2nd or third round draft pick.

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If we could pull off someone like him in a trade. Then add one vet safety/corner in FA we can fill in rest in the draft. Terrys age should make if we can get him for a 2nd or third round draft pick.

I would be thrilled if we could get Terry in a trade and then sign safety Xavier McDaniels in FA.   That would add one explosive player to each side of the ball.  That would be a dream offseason for me.

• Like 2

Just now, richard pallo said:

The safety on the Giants.  Did I have a senior moment on the name?  Lol

McKinney?

Gotcha, only Xavier McDaniels I knew was the old basketball player.

11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He just might be the explosive player they are looking for. 

What if we already have the explosive player and just rarely looked for him?

I think we will definitely add to the room, but I don't anticipate bringing in a big name via trade, 1st round or FA unless we tag and trade Pittman.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

If we did get Terry then we would be able to focus FA and the draft all on defense. maybe 1 or 2 depth olineman but 1st-3rd round picks should be defense then.

Probably be missing at least 1 of those picks in the McClarin trade.

18 minutes ago, w87r said:

What if we already have the explosive player and just rarely looked for him?

I think we will definitely add to the room, but I don't anticipate bringing in a big name via trade, 1st round or FA unless we tag and trade Pittman.

Possible on Pierce but can Ballard really take the chance?  I imagine Reggie and Shane will have a lot of input.  Need to make some calls though. 

50 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would be thrilled if we could get Terry in a trade and then sign safety Xavier McDaniels in FA.   That would add one explosive player to each side of the ball.  That would be a dream offseason for me.

You think Terry McLaurin is an explosive WR? 

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

If you can only  pick 2/3 to re-sign between Moss, Grover and Moore who are you picking?

Grover and Moore. Moss would be the cheapest to keep out of the 3, but dosnt leave as big of a hole if he is gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Yes. I  think he’s more explosive than Pittman and I think that’s what they’re looking for.

More explosive than Pittman, sure. I wouldn't think he's the kind of player that we're missing, though, and I don't think he and Pittman complement each other very well. To me, there's a lot of overlap. Similar to Tee Higgins. I will admit though, I didn't remember that McLaurin ran a 4.35 forty, that's better than I thought. 

What about Brandon Aiyuk?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

If you can only  pick 2/3 to re-sign between Moss, Grover and Moore who are you picking?

Grover and Moore.   

I love Moss, but I think he’s going to get the Wally Pipp treatment.   I think Moss will play (start?) for some other team next year.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Moore and Grover - we need all the defensive help we can get. Taylor got the rust off this year, his game against the Texans was Barry Sanders like with 188 yards and a long TD run. Bigger question is, if the Colts have the money, do you bring back Minshew for 1 year or Moss for 1 year? If AR goes down and there is no Minshew, season is over. Also, I think Pittman getting signed will happen, that is a no-brainer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Grover and Moore, depending on what Moore wants.

Grover is a must though, if not we will be making a big move there. That is our thinnest spot. IDL.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I’ve always thought Aiyuk reminded me of a shorter MPJ, but I’ll admit I don’t watch the 49ers much.

I personally would love to draft a young WR in this draft. It’s deep and really talented at WR. I’d like us to get another weapon that will grow up with AR. Pittman can be the consistent old wise vet, Downs is our slot gadget guy, Alec is the burner, and maybe we can draft our legit #1 this year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

I’ve always thought Aiyuk reminded me of a shorter MPJ, but I’ll admit I don’t watch the 49ers much.

I personally would love to draft a young WR in this draft. It’s deep and really talented at WR. I’d like us to get another weapon that will grow up with AR. Pittman can be the consistent old wise vet, Downs is our slot gadget guy, Alec is the burner, and maybe we can draft our legit #1 this year.

Aiyuk is a stud. He's just been buried on a team with another stud WR and stud TE.

But I doubt they could even get SF to give up him for #15.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman said:

More explosive than Pittman, sure. I wouldn't think he's the kind of player that we're missing, though, and I don't think he and Pittman complement each other very well. To me, there's a lot of overlap. Similar to Tee Higgins. I will admit though, I didn't remember that McLaurin ran a 4.35 forty, that's better than I thought. 

I think Aiyuk and Pittman overlap each other more.  Their speed is practically identical.  McLaurin is the faster player.  I would rather have McLaurin personally.  If Hicks is correct that they have inquired about him in the past makes me think they believe he would compliment Pittman nicely.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

He is similar to MPJ.  I agree with you there.

1 hour ago, DattMavis said:

I think Aiyuk is a much better route runner, he's quicker, better change of direction. He always seems to be wide open. He also plays for the Niners, and almost every chart you can find that's comparing efficiency in the passing/receiving game has some Niners player as an extreme outlier. They're kind of a cheat code over there. So I don't know if his insane effectiveness on the Niners will follow him to another team.

I bring him up because he's going into his 5th year option, the Niners have cap decisions to make, and I think he could be a casualty. 

Also, I think draft weekend is going to be a mess on this forum this year, because everyone seems to have their hearts set on a WR in the first round, and I don't think it's happening. Just my early thinking, I could be wrong, and I reserve the right to change my mind as time goes by. That said, I still think they'll make a meaningful addition to the WR room, I just doubt that it's going to be the huge splash that everyone is hoping for.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Superman said:

Also, I think draft weekend is going to be a mess on this forum this year, because everyone seems to have their hearts set on a WR in the first round, and I don't think it's happening. Just my early thinking, I could be wrong, and I reserve the right to change my mind as time goes by. That said, I still think they'll make a meaningful addition to the WR room, I just doubt that it's going to be the huge splash that everyone is hoping for.

Believe me, I’ve already prepared myself for us going Edge. 🥲

• Like 1