Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2024 Current Up to Date Roster + Cap Outlook. OP updated + on page 12(MERGE)

w87r

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Kenny Moore is a FA too. All of them being out at the same time has got to drive the price downwards once would think, right?

One can hope.

All those guys were released. Secondary salary purge.

• Thanks 1

Below are our UFA's and what I COULD see the team doing and is strictly my opinion:

S Julian Blackmon - Not Re-signed (largely due to better offers elsewhere AND injury history) - draft pack compensation

DT Taven Bryan - Not Re-signed (Tomi will take his spot)

LB/S Ronnie Harrison - Re-signed to a new 1-year deal

DE Tyquan Lewis Not Re-signed (largely due to better offers elsewhere AND injury history)

DE Jake Martin - Not Re-signed (Titus Leo will take his spot)

WR Isaiah McKenzie - Not Re-signed (Ashton Dulin regains his spot)

QB Gardner Minshew II - Re-signed to a much too large contract for a backup QB

CB Kenny Moore II - Not Re-signed (will get bigger money elsewhere)  - draft pack compensation (Jones takes his spot)

RB Zack Moss - Not Re-signed (will get bigger money elsewhere)  - draft pack compensation (Hull takes his spot)

C/G Danny Pinter - Not Re-signed (French already took his spot)

P Rigoberto Sanchez - Re-signed to a modest 3-4 year contract

DT Grover Stewart - Re-signed to a 2 year contract with the thought of drafting an heir apparent.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Below are our UFA's and what I COULD see the team doing and is strictly my opinion:

S Julian Blackmon - Not Re-signed (largely due to better offers elsewhere AND injury history) - draft pack compensation

DT Taven Bryan - Not Re-signed (Tomi will take his spot)

LB/S Ronnie Harrison - Re-signed to a new 1-year deal

DE Tyquan Lewis Not Re-signed (largely due to better offers elsewhere AND injury history)

DE Jake Martin - Not Re-signed (Titus Leo will take his spot)

WR Isaiah McKenzie - Not Re-signed (Ashton Dulin regains his spot)

QB Gardner Minshew II - Re-signed to a much too large contract for a backup QB

CB Kenny Moore II - Not Re-signed (will get bigger money elsewhere)  - draft pack compensation (Jones takes his spot)

RB Zack Moss - Not Re-signed (will get bigger money elsewhere)  - draft pack compensation (Hull takes his spot)

C/G Danny Pinter - Not Re-signed (French already took his spot)

P Rigoberto Sanchez - Re-signed to a modest 3-4 year contract

DT Grover Stewart - Re-signed to a 2 year contract with the thought of drafting an heir apparent.

Only different is Sanchez. I think we can get similar production cheaper with a rookie 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Only different is Sanchez. I think we can get similar production cheaper with a rookie 

I think we move on from Sanchez as well. He graded out consistently in bottom 10.

He had good numbers, but far to many times failed to flip the field when needed.

Tommy Townsend would be nice, unless we can find a young option.

https://nfltraderumors.co/sixteen-big-name-trade-candidates-to-watch-this-offseason/

That's a pretty good article on some potential trade targets.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think we move on from Sanchez as well. He graded out consistently in bottom 10.

He had good numbers, but far to many times failed to flip the field when needed.

Tommy Townsend would be nice, unless we can find a young option.

https://nfltraderumors.co/sixteen-big-name-trade-candidates-to-watch-this-offseason/

That's a pretty good article on some potential trade targets.

He’s also has had issues getting the ball down in FGs too. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We might be able to, for sure. But that whole familiarity and we pay our own thing comes into play. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

We might be able to, for sure. But that whole familiarity and we pay our own thing comes into play. 

Yeah. But the results weren’t good, Sanchez was bottom of the league in performance. It’s really not hard to meet that for less

• Like 2

On 12/24/2023 at 11:09 AM, w87r said:

2024 Cap Space:(**close est)

Spotrac - $53,017,395(including 2023 rollover)(63 players shown under contract)

OtC - $49,348,378(including 2023 rollover)(64 players shown under contract; which is what I have below)

Re-signed

2024 Roster:(under contract)(64)

Offense:(34)

QB:(2) Anthony Richardson, Sam Ehlinger

Think it's pretty clear that we need a veteran option here.

Options:

Minshew

Tyrod Taylor

Marcus Mariota

RB:(4) Johnathan Taylor, Evan Hull, Tyler Goodson, Zavier Scott

It's nice that Hull will be back. Kind of on the fence here. It would be nice to bring Moss back if contract is feasible. If not probably looking at RB in 4th-5th round

WR:(9) Michael Pittman, Alex Pierce, Josh Downs, Ashton Dulin, DJ Montgomery, Juwann Winfree, Tyrie Cleveland, Ethan Fernea, Terrell Bynum

Pittman tagged, in all likelihood means he will be back, so this room has already seen a bump this off-season.

With the deep talent level at WR, I fully anticipate a WR within the first 2 picks.

TE:(7) Mo Alie-Cox, Andrew Ogletree, Jelani Woods, Kylen Granson, Will Mallory, Jordan Murray, Eric Tomlinson

I expect at some point the Colts will be moving on from Cox, whether by trade or straight release. $5.9m can just be spend elsewhere. Including on a replacement such as Hunter Henry.

I like our (4) in house guys even if we drop Mo, just need to stay healthy.

If we do elect to bring in a guy like Henry, or Bowers in the draft, we will definitely have to try and move someone via trade. Can't go into next season with (5) TEs of course unless one is hurt.

I think the team is looking at Tomlinson as a potential blocking TE, @Solid84, can you see his blocking grades?

OT:(4) Bernard Raimann, Braden Smith, Blake Freeland, Jake Witt

Last year was great learning experience for Freeland, I'm so excited to see the growth from Witt. Both will now of had a year in an NFL strength and conditioning program. Hopefully Braden can stay healthy.

Wouldn't rule out Ballard taking one of the top tackles if they are sitting there at #15. Tough year to gauge what might happen this way.

OG:(5) Quentin Nelson, Will Fries, Josh Sills, Arlington Hambright, Lewis Kidd

Probably need to add an additional body here, maybe young IOL that can be versatile and play all 3 spots.

Fries played pretty well last year

OC:(3) Ryan Kelly, Wesley French, Jack Anderson 

Probably set here, unless like I mentioned above, we take a rookie for the inside. Which we should be doing for eventual Kelly replacement.

I do like Jack Anderson though, as he pretty much followed Sparano over here, so Tony must like him. If Tony likes him, I like him.

Defense:(28)

DE:(4) Samson Ebukam, Kwity Paye, Dayo Odeyingbo, Titus Leo

Think we are sitting nice here, hopefully we can retain Lewis, but I'm excited for Leo, I thought he look like he had some potential last year.

Obviously big year for Page and Dayo.

Wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a guy high, but would've surprised if we just added another body to the room.

DT:(3) Deforest Buckner, Adetomiwa Adebawore, Eric Johnson

Biggest deficiency on the roster right now.

If we don't get Grover back, we need to sign a vet.

Options:

Wilkins

Reader

Harris

If we don't sign these guys then the draft it will be a must and could be looking at high draft pick.

LB:(8) EJ Speed, Zaire Franklin, Grand Stuard, Isaiah Land, Cameron McGrone, Segun Olubi, Liam Anderson, Austin Ajiake

Feel we need 2 new LBers in all actuality. Franklin and Speed are ok, but Franklin will be looking for a new big contract soon.

Be interesting to see what we do in this room.

Payton Wilson wouldn't be so bad 

CB:(6) Dallis Flowers, JuJu Brents, Jaylon Jones, Ameer Speed, Chris Lammons, Darrell Baker Jr

Really be nice to get Kenny back, I actually like our 3 rookies(Brents, Jones, Speed) and Lammons. Flowers back will be nice.

Get Kenny back and the room is pretty good, still could see them address it with a high pick as there are a few great options.

Also potentially looking at Snead, wouldn't be too upset with that.

S:(7) Rodney Thomas, Nick Cross, Daniel Scott, Trevor Denbow, Marcel Dabo, Kendell Brooks, Michael Tutsie

Need some help here, I think Blackmon probably walks, which I'm good with.

There is a lot of vet options on the FA list as a bunch have been released in the last couple days.

SPT:(2)

K: Matt Gay

P:

LS: Luke Rhodes 

Tommy Townsend

Remaining Free Agents:

QB: Gardner Minshew

RB: Zach Moss, Trey Sermon

WR: Michael Pittman($21.816m), Isaiah McKenzie 

OC: Danny Pinter, Jack Anderson (minimum)

DE: Tyquan Lewis, Jake Martin, Genard Avery

DT: Grover Stewart, Taven Bryan

CB: Kenny Moore

S: Julian Blackmon

P: Rigoberto Sanchez 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, w87r said:

There is a lot of vet options on the FA list as a bunch have been released in the last couple days.

Tommy Townsend

Yep, his name was the first thing that popped on my head. A vet presence signing like Matt Gay paid off for our ST last year. The only issue is Tommy Townsend agent is Drew Rosenhaus that he hired, which prompted the Chiefs to let him go and sign Matt Araiza given the free agents they had and had to re-sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Think it's pretty clear that we need a veteran option here.

Options:

Minshew

Tyrod Taylor

Marcus Mariota

It's nice that Hull will be back. Kind of on the fence here. It would be nice to bring Moss back if contract is feasible. If not probably looking at RB in 4th-5th round

Pittman tagged, in all likelihood means he will be back, so this room has already seen a bump this off-season.

With the deep talent level at WR, I fully anticipate a WR within the first 2 picks.

I expect at some point the Colts will be moving on from Cox, whether by trade or straight release. $5.9m can just be spend elsewhere. Including on a replacement such as Hunter Henry.

I like our (4) in house guys even if we drop Mo, just need to stay healthy.

If we do elect to bring in a guy like Henry, or Bowers in the draft, we will definitely have to try and move someone via trade. Can't go into next season with (5) TEs of course unless one is hurt.

I think the team is looking at Tomlinson as a potential blocking TE, @Solid84, can you see his blocking grades?

Last year was great learning experience for Freeland, I'm so excited to see the growth from Witt. Both will now of had a year in an NFL strength and conditioning program. Hopefully Braden can stay healthy.

Wouldn't rule out Ballard taking one of the top tackles if they are sitting there at #15. Tough year to gauge what might happen this way.

Probably need to add an additional body here, maybe young IOL that can be versatile and play all 3 spots.

Fries played pretty well last year

Probably set here, unless like I mentioned above, we take a rookie for the inside. Which we should be doing for eventual Kelly replacement.

I do like Jack Anderson though, as he pretty much followed Sparano over here, so Tony must like him. If Tony likes him, I like him.

Think we are sitting nice here, hopefully we can retain Lewis, but I'm excited for Leo, I thought he look like he had some potential last year.

Obviously big year for Page and Dayo.

Wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a guy high, but would've surprised if we just added another body to the room.

Biggest deficiency on the roster right now.

If we don't get Grover back, we need to sign a vet.

Options:

Wilkins

Reader

Harris

If we don't sign these guys then the draft it will be a must and could be looking at high draft pick.

Feel we need 2 new LBers in all actuality. Franklin and Speed are ok, but Franklin will be looking for a new big contract soon.

Be interesting to see what we do in this room.

Payton Wilson wouldn't be so bad 

Really be nice to get Kenny back, I actually like our 3 rookies(Brents, Jones, Speed) and Lammons. Flowers back will be nice.

Get Kenny back and the room is pretty good, still could see them address it with a high pick as there are a few great options.

Also potentially looking at Snead, wouldn't be too upset with that.

Need some help here, I think Blackmon probably walks, which I'm good with.

Tommy Townsend

In 2021 Eric Tomlinson graded in the 70s for both run and pass blocking

2022 was more forgettable grading in the low 60s/high 50s. 

He didn’t have any snaps in 2023. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yep, his name was the first thing that popped on my head. A vet presence signing like Matt Gay paid off for our ST last year. The only issue is Tommy Townsend agent is Drew Rosenhaus that he hired, which prompted the Chiefs to let him go and sign Matt Araiza given the free agents they had and had to re-sign.

I was expecting Rigo to start off slow last year and he did because of his injury the previous year.  But I read where he improved considerably towards the end of the season.  If that’s true they just might decide to bring him back.

2024 Cap Space:

Spotrac - $52,877,395(63 players shown under contract)

OtC - $49,208,378(64 players shown under contract; which is what I have below)

Updated cap space after Anderson and Pittman tags.

Again, I am leaning towards the number being closer for Spotrac right now. After they fixed some contracts their numbers make more sense currently. Outside of not having Denbow on their cap list, but that would only affect their cap space by about $100k at most.

Draft Picks:

Colts picks are official now, well, until we start trading them and moving around draft 

OP stays updated.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 10:59 AM, richard pallo said:

I was expecting Rigo to start off slow last year and he did because of his injury the previous year.  But I read where he improved considerably towards the end of the season.  If that’s true they just might decide to bring him back.

I would figure he would of been an easy re-signing if we wanted to. He may end up coming back but definitely think we are going to explore some options.

FA is fast approaching:

Options:

QB:(most likely a FA path)

Minshew

Tyrod Taylor

Marcus Mariota

Darnold

Drew Lock

Tyler Huntley

RB:(most likely late round pick or vet minimum)

Moss(if things work out right)

Ekeler(could low key be a big move for right $)

WR:(probably go the draft route)

Keenan Allen or Mike Williams (if Chargers move on from 1 or both)

Quez Watkins

Bunch of options if they went this route 

TE:(room is likely fine)

Noah Fant

Tyler Kroft (blocking)

OL:

To many to mention 

DE:

Greenyard

Young

Clowney

Armstrong

Espenesa

Uche

Tyquan Lewis

DT:(need FA and draft addition)

Grover Stewart

Wilkins

Leonard Williams

Reader

Shelby Harris

Daquan Jones 

Justin Jones

LB:(Payton Wilson draft)

Patrick Queen 

Luvu

Devin White

CB:

Kenny Moore

Kendall Fuller

Dareus Williams

Tre'davius White

S:(think we should be signing 2 vet FA)

Blackmon

McKinney

Rayshawn Jenkins

Gardner-Johnson

Kamren Curl

Geno Stone

Elliott

Byard

Diggs

Simmons

Jackson

Gilmon

Whitehead

Poyer

Adams

Savage

Punter:

Rigoberto

Townsend

Or young guy 

Anyone think of any other names that might be on the list?

Who would you want if we signed 2 safeties?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, w87r said:

FA is fast approaching:

Options:

QB:(most likely a FA path)

Minshew

Tyrod Taylor

Marcus Mariota

Darnold

Drew Lock

Tyler Huntley

RB:(most likely late round pick or vet minimum)

Moss(if things work out right)

Ekeler(could low key be a big move for right $)

WR:(probably go the draft route)

Keenan Allen or Mike Williams (if Chargers move on from 1 or both)

Quez Watkins

Bunch of options if they went this route 

TE:(room is likely fine)

Noah Fant

Tyler Kroft (blocking)

OL:

To many to mention 

DE:

Greenyard

Young

Clowney

Armstrong

Espenesa

Uche

Tyquan Lewis

DT:(need FA and draft addition)

Grover Stewart

Wilkins

Leonard Williams

Reader

Shelby Harris

Daquan Jones 

Justin Jones

LB:(Payton Wilson draft)

Patrick Queen 

Luvu

Devin White

CB:

Kenny Moore

Kendall Fuller

Dareus Williams

Tre'davius White

S:(think we should be signing 2 vet FA)

Blackmon

McKinney

Rayshawn Jenkins

Gardner-Johnson

Kamren Curl

Geno Stone

Elliott

Byard

Diggs

Simmons

Jackson

Gilmon

Whitehead

Poyer

Adams

Savage

Punter:

Rigoberto

Townsend

Or young guy 

Anyone think of any other names that might be on the list?

Who would you want if we signed 2 safeties?

I’m thinking Kendall Fuller at corner.  Safety I’m thinking McKinney or Curl or even Chinn.  Depends on what happens with Blackmon.  I really like Noah Fant.  Hoping on that one.  Rigo too.

• Like 1

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2024/3/10/24095824/2024-colts-free-agency-tracker-signing-contract-pittman-kenny-moore-grover-stewart-safety

Nice little FA tracker, has speculation and rumors listed with it all.

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I’m thinking Kendall Fuller at corner.  Safety I’m thinking McKinney or Curl or even Chinn.  Depends on what happens with Blackmon.  I really like Noah Fant.  Hoping on that one.  Rigo too.

I really think we will lock the secondary up with veterans.

Idk? Something has told me in the last few hours to expect a big splash.? 

What quantifies a big splash?

Snead? I would say definitely

McKinney? Potentially

Fuller? IDK?

I would say Wilkins and Greenyard would fall under that category for me.

I'm really hoping for (2) FA safeties ($15m) and (1) FA cornerback ($8-$10m - Snead) in this pre draft session.

Fant would be nice, not really expecting anything there. Was hoping maybe Hunter Henry would make it to the FA market, but he got locked up.  Bowers would be nice as well if presented the opportunity. Still expect Mo to be gone. No reason to rush on making the move as we aren't strapped for cash and there is no deadline to make the move.

I've always liked(while hating) Jenkins from the Jaguars, would definitely be intrigued in that.

Free agent list is just so deep, a lot of people were worried about less players making it to the free agent list with unexpected cap funds. The free agent list is loaded though.

• Like 1

• w87r changed the title to Colts 2024 Current Up to Date Roster + Cap Outlook. OP updated + on page 9(MERGE)

2024 Cap Space:

Spotrac  - $52,817,395(64 players shown under contract)

OtC - $49,208,378(64 players shown under contract)

Re-signed

2024 Roster:(under contract)(64)

Offense:(34)

QB:(2) Anthony Richardson, Sam Ehlinger

RB:(4) Johnathan Taylor, Evan Hull, Tyler Goodson, Zavier Scott

WR:(9) Michael Pittman, Alex Pierce, Josh Downs, Ashton Dulin, DJ Montgomery, Juwann Winfree, Tyrie Cleveland, Ethan Fernea, Terrell Bynum

TE:(7) Mo Alie-Cox, Andrew Ogletree, Jelani Woods, Kylen Granson, Will Mallory, Jordan Murray, Eric Tomlinson

OT:(4) Bernard Raimann, Braden Smith, Blake Freeland, Jake Witt

OG:(5) Quentin Nelson, Will Fries, Josh Sills, Arlington Hambright, Lewis Kidd

OC:(3) Ryan Kelly, Wesley French, Jack Anderson 

Defense:(28)

DE:(5) Samson Ebukam, Kwity Paye, Dayo Odeyingbo, Titus Leo, Isaiah Land 

DT:(3) Deforest Buckner, Adetomiwa Adebawore, Eric Johnson

LB:(7) EJ Speed, Zaire Franklin, Grand Stuard, Cameron McGrone, Segun Olubi, Liam Anderson, Austin Ajiake

CB:(6) Dallis Flowers, JuJu Brents, Jaylon Jones, Ameer Speed, Chris Lammons, Darrell Baker Jr

S:(7) Rodney Thomas, Nick Cross, Daniel Scott, Trevor Denbow, Marcel Dabo, Kendell Brooks, Michael Tutsie

SPT:(2)

K: Matt Gay

P:

LS: Luke Rhodes 

**finally Spotrac + Over the Cap have the same amount of players on the roster. (64).

There is still a $3.5m in difference between the two, and I fill Spotrac is more correct now that they have updated a few things. Over the Caps math isn't mathing to me at the moment.

I've went player for player and while there are a few discrepancies here and there, it only comes to like $60k apart. 

So like I said I actually feel we are closer to $52m then we are to $49m.

As always, OP stays updated and will keep the current roster updated as we progress through the off-season.

• Like 1

@w87r when does the salary cap used number get finalized for each team before a season starts? Let us say a player is designated as a June 1st cut by a team and the Colts are interested to sign him. Can Big Q or Braden Smith restructure that late to free up room for the Colts if they are up against it after signing the draft picks?

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2024/3/10/24095824/2024-colts-free-agency-tracker-signing-contract-pittman-kenny-moore-grover-stewart-safety

I really think we will not the secondary ha d with veterans.

McKinney? Potentially

Fuller? IDK?

I'm really hoping for (2) FA safeties ($15m) and (1) FA cornerback ($8-$10m - Snead) in this pre draft session.

Fant would be nice, not really expecting anything there. Was hoping maybe Hunter Henry would make it to the FA market, but he got locked up.  Bowers would be nice as well if presented the opportunity. Still expect Mo to be gone. No reason to rush on making the move as we aren't strapped for cash and there is no deadline to make the move.

I've always liked(while hating) Jenkins from the Jaguars, would definitely be intrigued in that.

Free agent list is just so deep, a lot of people were worried about less players making it to the free agent list with unexpected cap funds. The free agent list is loaded though.

It’s interesting you used the word splash.  An hour ago I watched a video put out by the Colts on their site.  JJ Stankweitz was one of the three people discussing upcoming FA.  It was recorded Friday.  They were asked to guess which three of our own FA would be brought back.  J J said Moore, Blackmon and Lewis.  Another man swapped one of them for Minshew. The third finally brought up Grover.  Then they said they forgot about Grover.  I wasn’t expecting that.  JJ ,out of left field, then said he thinks they are going to make a splash signing .  He thinks it’s going to surprise everyone.  He has no idea where but it’s a feeling he has.  They are all Colts employees.  He used the word splash.  Coincidental?  I guess we will find out soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

@w87r when does the salary cap used number get finalized for each team before a season starts? Let us say a player is designated as a June 1st cut by a team and the Colts are interested to sign him. Can Big Q or Braden Smith restructure that late to free up room for the Colts if they are up against it after signing the draft picks?

Every team is supposed to be under the cap by 4pm on Wednesday. Currently still (5) teams over the cap, with Miami and LAC still $20m over the cap.

Teams that lost players as post June 1st cuts don't receive any cap relief until June 1st. They have to carry the cap hit until then. Teams can sign any player designated post June 1st at any time after new season starts.

Braden Smith can restructure to free up money.

Kelly could

Buckner extension 

Nelson could to for that matter

Draft picks are only going to cost us $3-$4m against the top 51 cap. Pretty much Round 4 and after, won't even reflect on the cap for the off-season.

Also have to remember, every player we sign, you can take off $900k off their 2024 cap hit, as 2 player will fall below the top 51 with the signing.

Example:

Colts sign Pittman to tag $21.816m

Ameer Speed drops off top 51 $915k

$20.901m, net cap hit with Pittman joining top 51.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It’s interesting you used the word splash.  An hour ago I watched a video put out by the Colts on their site.  JJ Stankweitz was one of the three people discussing upcoming FA.  It was recorded Friday.  They were asked to guess which three of our own FA would be brought back.  J J said Moore, Blackmon and Lewis.  Another man swapped one of them for Minshew. The third finally brought up Grover.  Then they said they forgot about Grover.  I wasn’t expecting that.  JJ ,out of left field, then said he thinks they are going to make a splash signing .  He thinks it’s going to surprise everyone.  He has no idea where but it’s a feeling he has.  They are all Colts employees.  He used the word splash.  Coincidental?  I guess we will find out soon.

Just for reference, I rarely ever listen to any of these podcast or daily sports shows.

So the word splash came from a feeling, not from a single thing I've heard or read anywhere.

Just been a little extra quiet. Tomorrow is going to be a big day.

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Every team is supposed to be under the cap by 4pm on Wednesday. Currently still (5) teams over the cap, with Miami and LAC still $20m over the cap.

Teams that lost players as post June 1st cuts don't receive any cap relief until June 1st. They have to carry the cap hit until then. Teams can sign any player designated post June 1st at any time after new season starts.

Braden Smith can restructure to free up money.

Kelly could

Buckner extension 

Nelson could to for that matter

Draft picks are only going to cost us $3-$4m against the top 51 cap. Pretty much Round 4 and after, won't even reflect on the cap for the off-season.

Also have to remember, every player we sign, you can take off $900k off their 2024 cap hit, as 2 player will fall below the top 51 with the signing.

Example:

I am then anticipating one of Joey Bosa or Khalil Mack to be released then, possibly?? 

Their Top 4 hits are Mack, Bosa, Keenan Allen and Mike Williams.

I am betting 2 or 3 of them are restructured and 1 or 2 released. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Just for reference, I rarely ever listen to any of these podcast or daily sports shows.

So the word splash came from a feeling, not from a single thing I've heard or read anywhere.

Just been a little extra quiet. Tomorrow is going to be a big day.

I think so too.  I’m expecting a surprise or two.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

Example:

Another example for that matter:

Colts sign Jack Anderson for $1,055,000

Knocked Daniel Scott below top 51 $800k

So Jack Anderson $1.055m contract only took about $250k off of available salary cap.

Every signing from here on our will knock $915k or more off top 51.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am then anticipating one of Joey Bosa or Khalil Mack to be released then, possibly?? 

That's the rumors I'm seeing.

Potentially Keenan Allen or Mike Williams as well.

They have some work to do.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

That's the rumors I'm seeing.

Potentially Keenan Allen or Mike Williams as well.

They have some work to do.

Why did the Raiders hire Tom Telesco who put the Chargers in this bad of a shape?

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Why did the Raiders hire Tom Telesco who put the Chargers in this bad of a shape?

Raiders will do Raiders things, almost always.

• Like 1

Something that is more and more keeps coming into my brain, is the thought of trading down and picking up a couple top 50 picks.

Some options:

#15 (1050pts)

#82 (180pts)

#115 (62pts)

Arizona:

#27 (680pts)

#35 (550pts)

(1230pts)

Washington:

#36 (540pts)

#40 (500pts)

(1040pts)

Green Bay:

#25 (720pts)

#41 (490pts)

(1210pts)

Philly:

#22 (780pts)

#50 (400pts)

(1180pts)

Falcons:

#43 (470pts)

#48 (420pts)

2025 3rd

For Arizona deal, it would probably be #15 and #82 for #27 and #35. Actually works out perfect on trade chart.

For Washington deal, it would probably be #15 for #36 and #40. Outside chance Ballard could get an additiona late round pick/2025 pick thrown in to make up the 10pt difference on trade chart.

For Green Bay deal, it would probably be #15 and #82 for #25 and #41. We would probably get an additional pick back here as well as there is a 20pt difference.

For Philly deal, it would take #15 and #116 for #22 and #50. We would need to add more to the trade, perhaps a 2025 4th?

For Falcons deal, it would take #15 for #43 and #48 and most likely 2025 3rd rounder

What's the thoughts on moving back and securing (3) total picks in the top 50(including our current 2nd rounder as well)?

Which of these deals seems more intriguing?

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Can Big Q or Braden Smith restructure that late to free up room for the Colts if they are up against it after signing the draft picks?

Here is a few things I posted back on page 1 to potentially save some money 

Trades/Cuts: (cap savings)

Mo Alie-Cox ($5.92m)

Potential Restructures/ Extensions:(2024 current cap hit)

Ryan Kelly:($14,625,000)

Current deal - 1yr $14.625m, $0 guaranteed 

New deal - 3yr $36m $22m guaranteed($12m AAV)

2024 - $10m guaranteed

2025 - $12m guaranteed

2026 - $14m non guaranteed 

2024 Savings - $4.625m

2024 Savings if Cut/Traded - $12.375m

2024 Dead Cap - $2.25m

Braden Smith:($16,683,000)

Current deal - 2yr $36.5m, $6 guaranteed 

New deal - 3yr $51m, $30m guaranteed($17m AAV)

2024 - $12m guaranteed 

2025 - $18m guaranteed 

2026 - $21m non guaranteed 

2024 Savings - $4.683m

2024 Savings if Cut/Traded - $10.6m-$13.6m

2024 Dead Cap - $3m-$6m

Deforest Buckner:($22,750,000)

Current deal - 1yr $22.75m, $2.5m guaranteed 

New extension  - 3yr $60m, $37.5m guaranteed

2024 - $17.5m guaranteed

2025 - $20m guaranteed

2026 - $22.5m non guaranteed 

2024 Savings - $5.25m

2024 Savings if Cut/Traded - $20.25m

2024 Dead Cap - $2.5m

With these (4) moves, the Colts could gain around $19.5m in cap space.

As far as Nelson, let me look. Probably just straight restructure.

Quentin Nelson:($25,500,000)

Current deal - 3yrs $72,163,059, $37.6m guaranteed/ or paid out 

Current Cap Hits:

2024 - $25.5m guaranteed

2025 - $22.8m, $12.4m dead cap, no new cash guarantee (new cash $16,563,059)

2026 - $24.2m, $6.2m dead cap, no new cash guarantee (new cash $18,000,000)

Take 2024 base salary of $19m down to $1.125m(vet minimum) that leaves $17.875m to divide equally over the rest of the contract. So (3) years.

$5,952,333 each year 

New cap hits:

2024 - $13.7m guaranteed

2025 - $28.75m guaranteed

2026 - $30.1m $12m dead cap.

Something along those lines.

So this would save about $12m in cap space this year, but you can see the ramifications here though. The other ones I listed are nothing like this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, w87r said:

I really think we will lock the secondary up with veterans.

McKinney? Potentially

Fuller? IDK?

This FA class went from being weak to being as loaded a class as I have seen in a few years. Gonna be fun this year no matter how little or how much Ballard does 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, csmopar said:

This FA class went from being weak to being as loaded a class as I have seen in a few years. Gonna be fun this year no matter how little or how much Ballard does 

I'm thinking two new starters in the secondary.  Guessing McKinny and Fuller.

Colts resign Zaire Franklin. Looks like a really good deal. Curious if it’s 3 year extension with Year 1 starting this upcoming season or the next  (essentially putting him under contract for 4 more years).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Colts resign Zaire Franklin. Looks like a really good deal. Curious if it’s 3 year extension with Year 1 starting this upcoming season or the next  (essentially putting him under contract for 4 more years).

Link me? I didn’t realize he was a FA this year? I thought he was last year?

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I'm thinking two new starters in the secondary.  Guessing McKinny and Fuller.

Honestly, it’ll probably be someone none of us expect haha

I guess it’s an okay deal. He’s a solid run defender. Now we need to get a guy or two that can cover as well. 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Really not a bad deal for a guy like Franklin. 12 million average, not sure what the actually cap hit will be but that seems like a good deal considering Leonard was what, nearly 20?

Peak Leonard was considerably better than Franklin and I guess he conceded that fact when he signed this deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I guess it’s an okay deal. He’s a solid run defender. Now we need to get a guy or two that can cover as well. 

Peak Leonard was considerably better than Franklin and I guess he conceded that fact when he signed this deal. 

Yes I agree. That said, we had peak Leonard for what, one season? Two tops? 

it also could be that Franklin likes the position he’s in and wants to make a run and doesn’t overvalue himself. Who knows, either way, it’s a good deal for both, he gets a 300 percent pay raise, the colts get him for 3 more years at what is a fair rate . Win/win

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Really not a bad deal for a guy like Franklin. 12 million average, not sure what the actually cap hit will be but that seems like a good deal considering Leonard was what, nearly 20?

Over the 4 years it only works out to $8.5m AAV. 4yrs $34.5m.

26 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I guess it’s an okay deal.

Yeah, not overly excited or upset. Been a big worry of mine for a while, but I can handle this, was worried about $15-$20m.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It's just an average $10.4m new money.

As far as cap hit this year, I imagine it will go from $3.3m to $6-$7m range. So $3-4m more off cap space.

Will update when contract details are released.

Going to be a good day 

• Like 2