2023 Game #15: Colts @ Falcons, Sunday, December 24th, 1PM EST

NFLfan

Colts @ Falcons  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Falcons
    • The game will end in a tie.
  2. 2. Taylor returns to play after having been injured a few games ago. Does he break 100 yards rushing?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/24/2023 at 09:43 PM

8 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

This is why I wanted Ridder to play... I knew Heinicke would provide the spark because he plays like the retired Fitzpatrick and the Colts have a habit of making backup qbs look like HOFs. Pittman being out REALLY hurt the passing game. This is the game in which Pierce SHOULD be our Tee Higgins as a high draft pick!! Our receiver room needs a couple more EXPLOSIVE ones....

Yeah this game sealed the deal for me on Pierce... He probably won't get cut, but I can't see how Steichen doesn't get Ballard to find him a reliable WR2 to replace him this off-season.

If the only thing he provides is a distraction plus run blocking, he's a WR4 at best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you are right because we own the tiebreaker over the Steelers and Texans who own it over the Bengals, so if the Colts, Steelers, Texans and Bengals are all 8-7. Colts get the tiebreaker due to common opponent wins and Conference record. Bengals beating us head to head goes out the window because of the 4-way tie.

If we lose today, the bigger loss is the chance to keep with the Jags for the AFCS

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SR711 said:

Amazing! You actually blitz and Henieke had to get rid of the ball faster than he wanted resulting in an errant pass.

Good thing that Bradley waited till we are down 13 with 9 min left to try something different 

Well, I guess I now can't say he didn't change his plans

Just now, Zoltan said:

Well I think our offense finally just had to many injuries at key positions to be effective finally. The Falcons have sold out against the run, and without Pittman Minshew just can’t pass enough to beat them through the air. 

Yeah the Falcons pretty much said if you beat us with Pierce and Downs we will tip our cap to you and the Colts couldn’t do it.  We’ve seen this script before, frankly it was what we saw during the losing the streak until Minshew started using Pittman to throw teams out of it.  Offense has to extend Pittman and find another WR this year.  Pierce just isn’t the guy.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is true. I was getting greedy and wanted the division there for a minute haha . As long as we get in, that would still be good season. Bengals still have to play at KC as well.

The Jags are very flawed and can’t get out of their own way, and the Texans are probably still a year away from making real noise. This is a golden opportunity to take the South, and we’re not taking it. It’s not greedy to want this team to take advantage of a prime opportunity against a weaker team.

8 minutes ago, Shive said:

I've noticed that. It looks like he's off timing, then has tried to fire it in to make up for it, but the WR isn't ready for the pass when it's getting there. All in line with him panicking when there's no pressure.

Sometimes you have to hit that back step and trust the pocket and throw it into that window. I think it’s hard for him to see over the line to hit those throws over the middle. Everything sails on him so he doesn’t even bother attempting them. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is true. I was getting greedy and wanted the division there for a minute haha . As long as we get in, that would still be good season. Bengals still have to play at KC as well.

Like I said before, I’m not worried about Bengals 

Raiders and then the last game vs Stroud will be all we need for the AFC tie breakers to be in our favor 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We could still get the division, we'd just need the Jags to lose 2 of their remaining 3 and we can't  lose again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

The Jags are very flawed and can’t get out of their own way, and the Texans are probably still a year away from making real noise. This is a golden opportunity to take the South, and we’re not taking it. It’s not greedy to want this team to take advantage of a prime opportunity against a weaker team.

I say greedy because when we were 3-5 and were swept by the Jags, nobody thought we even had a chance at the division. 

• Like 2