Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Game #14 Steelers @ Colts, Saturday, Dec. 15th, 4:30 PM EST

NFLfan

Steelers @ Colts  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer at QB for the Steelers?

• Mitch Trubisky
    • Mason Rudolph
    • I don't really care as long as we beat the Steelers.
  2. 2. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2023 at 09:50 PM

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Purdue up 8 with 50 seconds left, can they upset number 1 Arizona?

And since IU played Kansas so lose earlier you could argue Purdue will be number one again if you do.  With that said nothing is more meaningless in sports than college basketball rankings.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It really was pretty wild to see the difference in AR to Flacco as it pertains to processing in live time.  They really are pretty much the opposite QB at this point in their careers, Like some have mentioned- AR is just unrefined in everything he does.  His reads are too quick, his footwork is too unsettled and he looks like a wild stallion in that pocket.  When he makes big plays it usually isn't because of the aforementioned traits, its because he can release the ball quick with superior velocity.    In Flacco you have a guy who makes perfectly settled, on rhythm reads, has solid and quiet footwork in the pocket and looks calm and collected out there. When he makes big plays its because of his veteran decision making within the construct of the offense. However, if that breaks down his chances of overcoming it are very slim. He won't run for the first down and his 40 year old arm (while still good and lightyears better than a 37 year old Matt Ryan's) is limited.  You could see the difference in his arm strength on the deep ball.  His float like a balloon and Richardson's are absolute ropes.    In theory, Flacco should be the perfect QB from a skillset standpoint to mentor Anthony on his weaknesses, and those seem to be Flacco's strengths.    Ultimately though, for every pass Joe has to throw in a game means less chance of Anthony developing.  He needs to be on the field.  Having Joe is nice if you are contending or in a playoff hunt, but having Joe on the field for meaningful time in week 4 was NOT and is NOT in the blueprint of what we are building.    A lot of people are complaining ad nauseum about Anthony and if he will ever get there- but nobody denies the upside that we've seen. I think the first step in his development is being able to hone down on what he needs to work on the most and I really think that stage is almost complete.  He will grind, and by week 8 lets have another conversation.  Injuries aside of course.  The kid needs to also learn the physicality of the NFL and had no time to sink his teeth into S and C last offseason.     
    • Who would have thought Mason Rudolph would come in for Will Levis? If Will Levis plays the whole game, Dolphins win, IMO.   Plus, Seahawks vs Lions, what a barn burner. Seahawks' D was minus 5 starters with 3 along the DL, the Lions ran on them like crazy, and Goff doesn't get touched, the kind of game he excels when pressure doesn't get to him. Seahawks did fight hard, was pleasantly surprised by Geno Smith, he has been a late bloomer, just like Sam Darnold now.
    • My main concerns with Richardson are his accuracy problems and his injury history. His big play ability relies on his legs a lot which in turn leaves him open to getting hurt. If he doesn’t use his legs as much then he needs to get a lot more accurate. Hopefully he’s able to make it through the entire season.
    • What I need to do is stop watching. I have a superstition, bear with me, transcends sports.   Chiefs' Eagles SB, I was so tense because I was rooting for Mahomes, so I stopped watching at half time when the Eagles were leading 24-14, the rest is history. 2022 AFCCG, Sneed goes down within the first few plays, their star CB vs the Bengals with Burrow boasting a 3-0 record vs Mahomes. It did not bode well for the Chiefs, so I stopped watching. Learned they won by a FG.   Chiefs' 49ers SB, I stopped watching when the 49ers went up 10-0, once I knew the result, I watched highlights.   I love Novak Djokovic, he was down a break and a set versus Carlos Alcaraz in Cincinnati. I stopped watching, he came back, won that set in a tie break and then won the whole match. 2018 Wimbledon semis vs Nadal, he goes down 1 sets to 2, I stopped watching, Djokovic comes back and wins.   Bengals game versus the Chiefs this year, the Bengals were ahead before that defensive TD happened, Burrow had just thrown a TD on 4th down. Stopped watching. Chiefs win by 1.    Yesterday, Flacco barely gets out of the pocket to avoid intentional grounding, Steelers were down 10-17, they were making a comeback. I stopped watching. The Colts won. If I have a favorite in the game, I have to stop cheering for them at some point and stop watching, that is my superstition.    I know what I need to do for the Jaguars game, let us hope it works.  
    • Anyone else watch the Titans game at all yesterday? The same thing happened: young QB gets injured and comes out of the game. They get checked, cleared, warm up on the sidelines ready to come back in but they don't put Levis in again because Rudolph looked better. I'm sure the Titans will say we we're cautious, wasnt worth the risk to put Levis back in, etc, etc.    There is a second option here: Flacco is just better than AR right now and he gave the Colts a better chance to win Sunday.    *I'm not saying AR wont be better in the long run but Flacco looked great so lets not turn this into that conversation please. 
  • Members