Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor could miss time

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Regarding injuries, they can happen to anybody. Some people thinking Taylor isn't worth the money because of this is comical. Is Justin Jefferson worth what he is getting paid? How about Tee Higgins? Last I looked those dudes haven't played in over a month. Some need to look at the whole league and quit picking on Colts players when someone gets injured. Myles Garrett is now injured as well. I can play this silly game too with JT haters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding injuries, they can happen to anybody. Some people thinking Taylor isn't worth the money because of this is comical. Is Justin Jefferson worth what he is getting paid? How about Tee Higgins? Last I looked those dudes haven't played in over a month. Some need to look at the whole league and quit picking on Colts players when someone gets injured. Myles Garrett is now injured as well. I can play this silly game too with JT haters.

All these guys are overpaid. It’s just some way more than others. 

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Lol is an inappropriate response to an injury so dont be surprised when people make assumptions about it.  I do think you have shown quite a bit of dislike for him too and are walking that back now once called out.

I agree. I will leave it at that, I think my point has been proven over and over anyway before that comment. 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think he will play and try to finish the season. He played well and finished the game. Especially with colts in playoff position.

Hope so. Would suck for him to miss time for minor things he could probably play through unless it is clearly affecting his play. 

21 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

All these guys are overpaid. It’s just some way more than others. 

Overpaid in what context? They make 55% of the league's revenue. That's not outrageous, considering that if even just few key players from each team walked away from the game and pointed fingers directly at the nfl, the revenue would drop dramatically... 

They are overpaid in the minds of us average Americans that work for companies that make significantly less money than the NFL franchises do, and especially those companies that pay less than 55% of their revenue, which i would wager is a high percentage of businesses. 

53 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Lol is an inappropriate response to an injury so dont be surprised when people make assumptions about it.  I do think you have shown quite a bit of dislike for him too and are walking that back now once called out.

I think you need to walk back your post.

Its a thumb injury that's not even certain to be severe, as its been presented to us thus far.  I'd wager that in a few weeks of doing nothing, he's going to have a fully functional hand and it will have no impact on his ability to lead a full life until age 80.  But its impact on his ability to fulfill a new rich contract going into a playoff run is kind of humorous given the totality of the season.

I'm not walking anything I said about JT back.  I've never said to not sign him....if he indeed comes around to wanting to be in Indy at all.  If he doesn't want to be here and will never play here....based upon reports/rumors at the time...I'd say don't expect to get much in a trade for him.  He changed his mind about wanting to play for Indy (reportedly), and the contract was signed at the same time.  I have no problem with a ballhanding potential impact player making $14m.  ( Its the nonball handling or non impact players making north of $18m is what I question)

JT is a national name because he broke off several long TD runs.  Without those, he's just another RB who does well when his oline blocks well, and not so well when it doesn't.  I have no idea if he will earn his contract or not (by breaking off runs).  Who knows when that happens...or if it will ever happen again.

I'm not one of the posters who said to not sign him. 

Just like I'm not a Levis lover, despite what some want to think. LOL.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he played with this you would think he could finish the season.

I don’t foresee him missing time. I think he’s on a mission to prove why he was worthy of the contract. He will likely play as is with it being in a splint or heavily taped. If Herbert can play with a fractured finger , Taylor can man up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think you need to walk back your post.

Nope you laughed at an injury and are still trying to walk back your previous takes.  People see through you bud.  I'm not taking back anything and stand by that comment 100%.

You are straight up lying about your stance on JT and I'm not sorry for calling you out for laughing either.  I know you will continue to deny all of this but I'm not moving, i know what i saw from you and so does everyone else.  You act like no one can see through your crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Nope you laughed at an injury and are still trying to walk back your previous takes.  People see through you bud.  I'm not taking back anything and stand by that comment 100%.

You are straight up lying about your stance on JT and I'm not sorry for calling you out for laughing either.  I know you will continue to deny all of this but I'm not moving, i know what i saw from you and so does everyone else.  You act like no one can see through your crap.

I laughed when I broke my toe.  I can laugh at JT hurting his thumb given the circumstances.  I'm not going along with any popular definition of sensitivity on the matter.  Instead, the world would be a better place if people deferred to mine.

Can you repeat what I said about JT that gives you that conclusion? 

The harshest of which was during a time when he himself (reportedly) said that he would never play for the Colts again.

BTW, if I truly "disliked" JT, why would I need to avoid it just because you point it out?  Plenty of people here still maintain he should not have the money.  I am not one of them.  I'm pretty neutral about it, and hope he breaks off a few big runs to earn it.  Maybe he won't have the playing time now.

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Overpaid in what context? They make 55% of the league's revenue. That's not outrageous, considering that if even just few key players from each team walked away from the game and pointed fingers directly at the nfl, the revenue would drop dramatically... 

They are overpaid in the minds of us average Americans that work for companies that make significantly less money than the NFL franchises do, and especially those companies that pay less than 55% of their revenue, which i would wager is a high percentage of businesses. 

Yes they are overpaid for throwing a ball and so forth. I’m not going to make anyone on this board happy about this post. I used to be a season ticket holder until the price in my mind got to expensive. Now I have to pay a couple hundred a month to watch TV. That to is ridiculous in my opinion to watch sports or a program etc. I know I can cancel cable. These entertainers and sports players are just extracting money from the public in all ways. Tony Romo 180 million contract to announce games. What a joke. I would watch the game if you announced it. We all pay for this. Anyway off my high horse on this. Don’t respond to this as I’m done discussing it. It’s all good. :thmup:

18 hours ago, DougDew said:

LOL.

Its okay.  I stubbed my toe once so hard I broke it.  I laughed at myself, so I'm okay with laughing at a guy who can't work because he hurt his thumb and still makes millions.

He’s gotta have surgery on it, so ya know. A running back kind of needs his thumb considering he carries the ball with his right hand. You know damn good and well if he played anyway that every single defender would be targeting his hand and make it worse.

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

He’s gotta have surgery on it, so ya know. A running back kind of needs his thumb considering he carries the ball with his right hand. You know damn good and well if he played anyway that every single defender would be targeting his hand and make it worse. Get a freaking grip and stop with your crap. 

Do you feel sorry for JT?   Or yourself because your favorite team might not have its star player?

I feel neither sorry for JT or myself, because I guess we see things differently about the injury and its consequences.

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

New York Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Yes they are overpaid for throwing a ball and so forth. I’m not going to make anyone on this board happy about this post. I used to be a season ticket holder until the price in my mind got to expensive. Now I have to pay a couple hundred a month to watch TV. That to is ridiculous in my opinion to watch sports or a program etc. I know I can cancel cable. These entertainers and sports players are just extracting money from the public in all ways. Tony Romo 180 million contract to announce games. What a joke. I would watch the game if you announced it. We all pay for this. Anyway off my high horse on this. Don’t respond to this as I’m done discussing it. It’s all good. :thmup:

You can be done discussing it, but i'm going to respond. You absolutely can cancel cable. You can cancel anything you'd like, and not one thing is going to change. You seem like one that would love to have everything free and then complain about the quality of everything going down the drain. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. I will leave it at that, I think my point has been proven over and over anyway before that comment. 

To yourself only, which is why your post hasn't gathered many likes.

There are folks who's positivity on anything Colts or players runs at 100 mph, risking a reckless crash and burn should things not work out. 

There are other folks who simply run at about 40 mph. 

But the folks running at 100 mph see the lack of similar enthusiasm as something that must be driven by hidden hate.  40 mph vs their 100 mph is seen as a completely different take. 

So the folks who don't cheer at JT rejoining the team at $14m are seen as disliking JT. 

Not cheering is not the same as disliking.  A position that doesn't cheer at the signing, and later says there is no problem with the signing, is exactly the same position.  

But, if a person sees the lack of cheering as signaling hate...and then the "no problem with" as signaling like....they think its a change of position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I don't think you should be a football fan. Try golf or tennis.

It's a time thing. You invest time into rooting for the team, hoping to get into the playoffs, then a bunch of stuff happens to derail that are out of your control. It's not the fact that another team(s) is/are better than you, it's the fact that there is suspensions/injuries/drama/ etc... to important players/people that put you at a disadvantage and you never really get a chance to show how good you are. It hasn't just happened this year either. It's technically started since 2015 (the year after the Colts made the AFC Championship game with Luck). What's worse is I can't do anything to correct it. At least in real life when I do something wrong, or something out of my control happens that's bad, I have the control where I can do something about it. I have to hope this FO can correct it and things just work out of faith. Been hoping that since 2015 and it hasn't worked out. 

Another year, and the same bad luck (no pun intended).

18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's a time thing. You invest time into rooting for the team, hoping to get into the playoffs, then a bunch of stuff happens to derail that are out of your control. It's not the fact that another team(s) is/are better than you, it's the fact that there is suspensions/injuries/drama/ etc... to important players/people that put you at a disadvantage and you never really get a chance to show how good you are. It hasn't just happened this year either. It's technically started since 2015 (the year after the Colts made the AFC Championship game with Luck). What's worse is I can't do anything to correct it. At least in real life when I do something wrong, or something out of my control happens that's bad, I have the control where I can do something about it. I have to hope this FO can correct it and things just work out of faith. Been hoping that since 2015 and it hasn't worked out. 

Another year, and the same bad luck (no pun intended).

Don’t take this the wrong way, but you’re wrong here. You absolutely can. No one is forcing you to watch or follow football or any one team in particular. You can simply walk away and not watch or anything. So if it’s stressing you as bad as it seems in some of your posts, it might be worth examining if it is in your own best interest to continue to do so. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1