Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor could miss time

Restinpeacesweetchloe

On 11/28/2023 at 10:35 PM, holeymoley99 said:

I see Scott more of a gadget player like McKenzie as opposed to Goodson who is a more traditional RB. Their college careers show the different type of rb each is.

They did elevate Goodson (from practice squad) to the roster for this weeks game at Titans

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

They did elevate Goodson (from practice squad) to the roster for this weeks game at Titans

Just seemed to make the most sense to fill depth style wise.  Interested to see how he looks, Packers thought they had a steal with him..

https://dairylandexpress.com/2023/06/06/explosive-tyler-goodson-impacting-packers-offense-variety-ways/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Just seemed to make the most sense to fill depth style wise.  Interested to see how he looks, Packers thought they had a steal with him..

https://dairylandexpress.com/2023/06/06/explosive-tyler-goodson-impacting-packers-offense-variety-ways/

I hope they give Goodson a few carries...

So far, Trey Sermon hasn't shown much, albeit in the few, limited snaps he has taken.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

So far, Trey Sermon hasn't shown much, albeit in the few, limited snaps he has taken.

If our O line grinds Titans down think either Sermon or Goodson can get nice yards late. Sermon has power, Goodson has speed. Both an upgrade over the Deon Jackson and jake Funk types.

13 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Sermon has dropped several passes. I do remember that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 5:50 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Sermon will see some carries I expect Tyler Goodson former Iowa star back (1st team All Big 10, had 1,000 plus yards in 2021) to be elevated next 3 games as well.

Goodson now #8 p.s player in NFL by CBS sports. Talented player

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-15-practice-squad-power-rankings-the-backup-quarterback-playoffs-are-here/

On 12/2/2023 at 5:58 PM, holeymoley99 said:

If our O line grinds Titans down think either Sermon or Goodson can get nice yards late. Sermon has power, Goodson has speed. Both an upgrade over the Deon Jackson and jake Funk types.

We have come so far in rb depth, said it before but after today......night and day talent wise. Kudos for the needed upgrades.

We need Taylor back to beat anyone that is real good. Moss is a good RB, but isn't on Taylor's level. Last 4 weeks, Moss hasn't really been that good. He looks worn down to me, and now he is injured. He was fresh to begin the season hence the 3 or 4 great games and he was fresh at Baltimore. Taylor has proven he can carry the team for a whole season = 2021. Our backup RB's played well enough today but Don't expect next week.