Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Colts vs Panthers plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Saw this reported about Carolina’s last game … “Reich did give up his play-calling duties last week to Thomas Brown.”  Reich surrenders play calling and Panthers go out and win their first game.  Bad for the Colts that Reich has ceded offensive play calling duties.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Saw this reported about Carolina’s last game … “Reich did give up his play-calling duties last week to Thomas Brown.”  Reich surrenders play calling and Panthers go out and win their first game.  Bad for the Colts that Reich has ceded offensive play calling duties.

But Thomas Brown is still dusting off Reich's playbook, so I don't think that is a huge deal. Read this:

https://www.catscratchreader.com/2023/10/31/23938844/risers-and-fallers-in-week-8s-win-over-the-houston-texans

Deja vu - 1st and goal, 2nd and goal, 3rd and goal from 1 yard line, all runs down the middle that failed and a 4th and goal pass vs Texans that also failed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen basically told the media when asked I will have to kill you if I tell you lol. Probably Hambright.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2023/11/03/colts-could-be-down-to-a-third-string-right-tackle-vs-panthers/71375918007/

Colts could be down to a third-string right tackle against Brian Burns and the Panthers

Nate Atkins

Indianapolis Star

...If Freeland can't go, the backup plan could require Arlington Hambright to play right tackle, even though all of his preseason work came on the left side at tackle and guard. The Colts don't have another true tackle on the active roster or practice squad.

It creates a problematic situation against Panthers Pro Bowl edge rusher Brian Burns, who has 17.5 sacks since last season began...

We're going to get creamed this game. Theilen has been dominating this season. It won't change here. Of course we face Young not only without Richardson, but right when Young has a get right game Vs Stroud. Reich knows this team like the back of his hand and will properly strategize. We are also hurt like crazy. People will say the Panthers suck, but this is the ultimate trap game unfortunately. I'll be more curious of the coaching decisions Steichen makes, if he can look competent or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We're going to get creamed this game. Theilen has been dominating this season. It won't change here. Of course we face Young not only without Richardson, but right when Young has a get right game Vs Stroud. Reich knows this team like the back of his hand and will properly strategize. We are also hurt like crazy. People will say the Panthers suck, but this is the ultimate trap game unfortunately. I'll be more curious of the coaching decisions Steichen makes, if he can look competent or not.

How has Thielen dominating lead to wins for them. That’s all they have

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

His had Thielen dominating lead to wins for them. That’s all they have

I agree for most teams. However, with this current CB core and the injuries we have, I question if we can stop guys like Chark and Mingo as well. That's why we are so vulnerable. Any other team shuts them down. We aren't even capable of that with who we have at CB.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:54 PM, 1959Colts said:

Frankie Luvu is having an outstanding season. A player we need to account for

https://twitter.com/NFL345/status/1719765585062416504/photo/2

F93VqumXAAA-nWR.jpg.66315799f980821f06d0007b8ed673ab.jpg

I did not think Frankie Luvu would still be in the league. In 2018, I attended a preseason Jets game to see former Viking Teddy Bridgewater and sat in the second row around the 35-yard line behind a group of people wearing Luvu jerseys. I and some fans around me commented that we had never heard of him before. I found out that he was undrafted. I thought he would be a practice squad guy. I'm surprised he is still playing and playing well.

Congrats to him.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Shaq also going to get his wish to play more snaps. Time to put up or shut up

This is good for Shaq.  He’s been coming on.  I bet he has a great game with an interception.  Lammons will get to start which is good.  Carolina’s OL is horrible.  They are starting a new guy at RB I never heard of.  Young is going to be under a lot of pressure advantage Colts.  I see a few Colts interceptions coming our way.  Only way I see us losing is if Minchew has a horrible game.  Which I don’t see happening.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I did not think Frankie Luvu would still be in the league. In 2018, I attended a preseason Jets game to see former Viking Teddy Bridgewater and sat in the second row around the 35-yard line behind a group of people wearing Luvu jerseys. I and some fans around me commented that we had never heard of him before. I found out that he was undrafted. I thought he would be a practice squad guy. I'm surprised he is still playing and playing well.

Congrats to him

Hoping he does not exceed your previous expectations, if even for only this one game.

19 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Speaking of injuries will Woods even play this season. What a wasted year of his development.

I don’t know why people don’t understand that they are hiding him on IR so they don’t lose any of the tight ends. Next year cox will probably be gone.  At least that is my guess. Otherwise it makes no sense he is still injured clear back  from end of July.

1 hour ago, AKB said:

he wouldnt be blocking tho. he isnt really here to block

not primarily ofc

For what it’s worth….  Woods spent his first three years at Oklahoma State as a blocking tight end.   He didn’t become more of a receiving tight end until his senior year when he transferred to Virginia.    So Woods is very capable of being a blocker if need be.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth….  Woods spent his first three years at Oklahoma State as a blocking tight end.   He didn’t become more of a receiving tight end until his senior year when he transferred to Virginia.    So Woods is very capable of being a blocker if need be.  

It translates to his catching skills as well. He can fight with the best of them.

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He hasn’t proven he can block in the NFL though. Not that PFF is the end all be all, but he graded out as BAD as a Pass blocker last season, with TWO games with single digit blocking grades - that’s horribly bad. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

He hasn’t proven he can block in the NFL though. Not that PFF is the end all be all, but he graded out as BAD as a Pass blocker last season, with TWO games with single digit blocking grades - that’s horribly bad. 

Yeah but it was his rookie year and all hell broke out last year during the season.  His blocking grade from last year is nothing I’m concerned about.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah but it was his rookie year and all hell broke out last year during the season.  His blocking grade from last year is nothing I’m concerned about.

I don’t think he’s ever going to be TE1 when it comes to Pass blocking. But if he turns out to be a significant threat as a target in the passing game I don’t really care if he can’t Pass block. Down-field Run blocking may be more interesting then. 

7 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I don’t think he’s ever going to be TE1 when it comes to Pass blocking. But if he turns out to be a significant threat as a target in the passing game I don’t really care if he can’t Pass block. Down-field Run blocking may be more interesting then. 

Agreed, I really don't want him to be doing any pass blocking and more running seam routes or crosses.

• Like 2