Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Colts vs Panthers plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts are only having a walkthrough today.

Safe bet Adam Thielen will kill us vs zone coverage, especially on 3rd/4th downs. Nice to hear Carolina is bad at run defense and not great defending the pass either.

• Like 1

Word was the Panthers' new OC Brown ran down the middle 3 times in a row on 1st and goal, 2nd and goal, and 3rd and goal without success, and then chose to pass on 4th and goal vs Texans that failed.

Hmmm...I remember that from somewhere....😉

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Smith and Franklin are not practicing.

Franklin isn't that bad as Smith is, given the Panthers' pass rush.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Word was the Panthers' new OC Brown ran down the middle 3 times in a row on 1st and goal, 2nd and goal, and 3rd and goal without success, and then chose to pass on 4th and goal vs Texans that failed.

Hmmm...I remember that from somewhere....😉

Franklin isn't that bad as Smith is, given the Panthers' pass rush.

I am not that worried about their pass rush.

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Seems like the Colts tackles are getting hurt during practice more than the actual games it’s so strange.

I think Freeland will be ok and play. He didn’t get hurt in practice because he was full yesterday. Maybe just a rest day for a sore back. I would be more concerned if he was limited today which means he got hurt in practice. He is a DNP which means he didn’t practice. Hopefully downs did not sustain a bad injury.

28 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Never a good sign when a player leaves practice early. Hopefully downs knee isn’t serious. Freeland my guess was just rest for a sore back.

LP is limited practice, not left practice 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yes but hamler should be back snf football shape and know playbook by know. He is way better then McKenzie. Or at least he was. I think no matter what Hamler will probably get a call up.

Sure, but Hall (and maybe Speed) should be better than Brown and Baker and we’re still waiting on them. 

MacKenzie is next man up on the depth chart. 

Just now, Solid84 said:

Sure, but Hall (and maybe Speed) should be better than Brown and Baker and we’re still waiting on them. 

MacKenzie is next man up on the depth chart. 

I am not saying he would get a ton of snaps. Just saying maybe they elevate him and give him some. It would be a nice replacement for downs.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He was full the day before with no injury designation. No injury wed. So yes it means he hurt his knee in practice. Or I guess could of Bern working out but most of the time it’s injury during practice.

He did leave practice , but LP stands for Limited Practice.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:32 PM, 1959Colts said:

Safe bet Adam Thielen will kill us vs zone coverage, especially on 3rd/4th downs. Nice to hear Carolina is bad at run defense and not great defending the pass either.

he will kill us on third and long we cant cover anyone with third and long soft cover 10 yards soft

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Colts are really turning into the Walking Wounded 

McKenzie is backup to Downs

The depth chart does not even list a 3rd string RT... perhaps Arlington Hambright?

Yeah I imagine Hambright would be next man up. Might be the better option now over Freeland, but the experience Freeland is getting invaluable towards his development, so playing him is the right call.

When is Smith coming back? Almost to the point we should've IRd him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Yeah I imagine Hambright would be next man up. Might be the better option now over Freeland, but the experience Freeland is getting invaluable towards his development, so playing him is the right call.

Apparently Freeland got injured

12 hours ago, w87r said:

Just a guess but I think it will be after the bye week. I am just guessing but I bet he had wrist surgery. He went from a wrap to a soft cast.