Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023: Week#7 Browns at Colts, October 22, 2023, 1:00PM

NFLfan

Browns @ Colts  

22 members have voted

1. 1. The Colts will score how many points in this game?

• 10 or fewer
    • 11 to 20
    • 21 to 30
    • Over 30 points
  2. 2. The Colts will allow how many points to the Browns in this game?

• 10 or fewer
    • 11 to 20
    • 21 to 30
    • More than 30 points
  3. 3. Who wins?

• Browns
    • Colts
    • Game ends in a tie
  4. 4. Bonus Question: For this game only, if you had to choose one style of offense, what would you prefer? (I purposely did not give a choice of "mix of pass and run".)

• Run-heavy offense
    • Pass heavy offense

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2023 at 05:15 PM

5 minutes ago, AKB said:

you don't think its funny? 

3-4 this year and people love it, 3-3-1 last year and we started tanking

maybe we can start Sam next week and try and go for a top 5 pick

Just stop!

Our guys played a good game, with a lot of heart.

The officials gave the game to Cleveland.

And to answer your question...

No I do not think it's funny, and I question anyone that is amused by this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

Just stop!

Our guys played a good game, with a lot of heart.

The officials gave the game to Cleveland.

And to answer your question...

No I do not think it's funny, and I question anyone that is amused by this.

it is pure comedy gold. 

Minshew turns the ball over at the same rate as Matt Ryan, and we tank with Jeff Saturday at 3-3-1. 

Now, we are 3-4 with a QB that is also turning the ball over at an insane rate, 3 turnovers, 17 pts back to back games, and we are blaming the refs.

this colts team aint no different compared to last years, only bonus is we have a competent play caller on offense. 

15 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

2nd straight game in which Minshew turns it over 4 times, and the opponent gets 17 points off those turnovers.

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

it is pure comedy gold. 

Minshew turns the ball over at the same rate as Matt Ryan, and we tank with Jeff Saturday at 3-3-1. 

Now, we are 3-4 with a QB that is also turning the ball over at an insane rate, 3 turnovers, 17 pts back to back games, and we are blaming the refs.

this colts team aint no different compared to last years, only bonus is we have a competent play caller on offense. 

Refs did bail out the browns with at least 5 questionable calls

• Like 1

That was the most pathetic display of reffing I have ever seen. We got SCREWED BIGTIME! This crap is rigged beyond belief! Fans don't deserve this; you get excited all week to watch your team play for a sport you love and then you have to deal with a loss like that by being cheated!! This was the straw that broke the camel's back for me as far as caring whether we win or lose. I have never been as nauseated as I am now. People can say this and that, blah blah but everyone knows we got screwed without Vaseline. I am sick of wasting my Sundays just get a win taken away. Not worth my health anymore.

I am just going to do my weekly picks because I owe it to the other guys who do picks, if it wasn't for that I would quit watching football and I have never said that in the 47 seasons I have followed the sport!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AKB said:

it is pure comedy gold. 

We had a sack fumble to end the game, that PI call was the biggest bag of crap I have ever seen. The 2nd PI call right after that, the freakin ball wasn't even catchable. Like I said people can pile on that we lost all they want. I could give a damn at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We had a sack fumble to end the game, that PI call was the biggest bag of crap I have ever seen. The 2nd PI call right after that, the freakin ball wasn't even catchable. Like I said people can pile on that we lost all they want. I could give a damn at this point. 

I hear ya.  It's so disheartening.  

Imagine how our team feels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

you are what your record says you are.

and so far, we are worse than last year. 

Just now, Gramz said:

So........you think the officials called a fair game?

nope. not at all. 

But we lost the game multiple times over, without the officials. 

we lost the turnover margin, we struggled defensively against a practice squad QB, we couldn't stop the run, and we continuously gave up points with a lead late.

if you look at the games, game by game, we are at the minimum the same as last year thus far. 

the team definitely has a better vibe, and I have more faith in steichen as a play caller, but other than that this team is about thew same, and has regressed in some areas comapred to last year. 

29 minutes ago, AKB said:

nope. not at all. 

we lost the turnover margin, we struggled defensively against a practice squad QB, we couldn't stop the run, and we continuously gave up points with a lead late.

if you look at the games, game by game, we are at the minimum the same as last year thus far. 

the team definitely has a better vibe, and I have more faith in steichen as a play caller, but other than that this team is about thew same, and has regressed in some areas comapred to last year. 

Fair enough.  

I'm just sick over the turn of events at the end of the games and the crucial calls that shouldn't have been. Its nauseating 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gramz said:

As I said earlier, I am not one to fault the officials or place undue blame, but today's officiating was horrendous. No words for what we witnessed.

It is good that I did not watch this game. I hate it when the officiating blunders determine the outcome of games. It seems like the Colts offense was hitting on all cylinders.

I was at the Giants game. No bad calls there. Giants won 14-7. Vikings play the 49ers tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, AKB said:

8 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Fair enough.  

I'm just sick over thevturn of events at the end of the games and the crucial calls that shouldn't have been. Its nauseating 

When you lose 3 turnovers to ticky-tack calls or flags being picked up, it's definitely on the officials - every questionable call (or non-call) benefitted the Browns and not the Colts, and the timing of some of those calls definitely changed the outcome of the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Lancer1 said:

When you lose 3 turnovers to ticky-tack calls or flags being picked up, it's definitely on the officials - every questionable call (or non-call) benefitted the Browns and not the Colts, and the timing of some of those calls definitely changed the outcome of the game.

cant say the refs didnt have an effect on the game, im just saying we still played a bad defensive game, and we still have a qb that is turnover prone

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is good that I did not watch this game. I hate it when the officiating blunders determine the outcome of games. It seems like the Colts offense was hitting on all cylinders.

I was at the Giants game. No bad calls there. Giants won 14-7. Vikings play the 49ers tomorrow.

Wouldn’t call it on all cylinders, more like 6/8 cylinders. Too many sacks and turnovers that led to 20 of the browns points 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKB said:

cant say the refs didnt have an effect on the game, im just saying we still played a bad defensive game, and we still have a qb that is turnover prone

He's definitely in a bad stretch right now with 8 turnovers in 2 games, but I blame him more for picks than I do for being stripped while sacked, especially from the blind side - not much a QB can do about that, especially while trying to pass and with the caliber of some of the better defenders we face.

• Like 1

Just now, Lancer1 said:

He's definitely in a bad stretch right now with 8 turnovers in 2 games, but I blame him more for picks than I do for being stripped while sacked, especially from the blind side - not much a QB can do about that, especially while trying to pass and with the caliber of some of the better defenders we face.

strip sacks are tough, but the interceptions are killer too. 

9 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

It sounds like there were glaring mistakes by the refs. I hate it. I may watch the replay but it sounds like it may upset me.

• Like 1

For several years now my husbands friends and colleagues continuously ask him "so is your wife still a Colts fan?"   His standard response is "She's trying but they're making it difficult".

Thats his "take" not mine.  I am a Colts fan through and through. It's not been the most pleasant for awhile but I will say we were at the stadium 2 weeks ago for the Titans game and that's the most fun Ive had at a game in a long time.  It felt like old times.

I thought for the most part they played well today too.  So having said that,  while I am disgusted with the officiating today, I am NOT disgusted with our team or our staff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

For several years now my husbands friends and colleagues continuously ask him "so is your wife still a Colts fan?"   His standard response is "She's trying but they're making it difficult".

Thats his "take" not mine.  I am a Colts fan through and through. It's not been the most pleasant for awhile but I will say we were at the stadium 2 weeks ago for the Titans game and that's the most fun Ive had at a game in a long time.  It felt like old times.

I thought for the most part they played well today too.  So having said that,  while I am disgusted with the officiating today, I am NOT disgusted with our team or our staff.

Totally agree - last few seasons with veteran QBs & coaching staffs were tougher to take, especially  Frank's stubbornness in calling plays but this year we have a HC learning on the fly but the team is playing with passion and most every game comes down to the wire, so it's very exciting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I don't mind losing at something but one thing you don't do is cheat me. I have said that since I started to become competitive at a young age doing anything. I can take a loss like a man (I am not a sore loser) and even give the other person congrats as long as I lose fair and square. Colts got cheated today and there is no sugarcoating it. Just like the Saints got screwed in the NFC Title game back in 2018 vs the Rams, those were much higher stakes, if I was a Saints fan I would have boycotted watching back then if the refs cost my team to go to a SB.