Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources Colts have called about Jerry Jeudy

Restinpeacesweetchloe

24 minutes ago, Peter Nova said:

That is my hope.  Drafting a skill position player (WR), that's badly needed for the offense. I might even go so far as to trade up, to ensure getting the right guy which is always a risk, but it's better than settling for players like Jeudy. We have to many of those players. I don't want to be patient for another decade. 

Yeah so we can get Alec Pierce# 2 again as the potential #1 or #2 receiver

5 hours ago, Stephen said:

According  to fantasy football  site  jeudy has averaged 3.6 yards of separation third most on nfl for receivers with atleast 100 targets

Combine this with a good ground game, which we will always have as long as AR is here and that's part of why this works The guy gets good sparation. People don't seem to get that Pittman is the #1 on this team. I don't think the Colts are looking for or require Jeudy to be that. But he has the talent to be that if necessary. He is a higher end version of what they thought Pierce would be. Pierce I would move mostly to #4 or 5. He can play 2 as well depending on the matchups. Pierce may show better if he isn't drawing the other teams best corners all the time.

12 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah so we can get Alec Pierce# 2 again as the potential #1 or #2 receiver

Pierce was a 2nd Rd pick, I'm talking about trading up in the draft for a true WR1,  which Pierce isn't, or Jeudy.

Is this personal or something?

Have a nice day!

11 minutes ago, Peter Nova said:

Pierce was a 2nd Rd pick, I'm talking about trading up in the draft for a true WR1,  which Pierce isn't, or Jeudy.

Have a nice day!

The fact that they drafted Pierce in round 2 should tell you somewhat what they think of Pittman. If they wanted to replace or improve upon Pittman then they would have got a more dynamic athlete who was good enough to be a #1 and have Pitt be the #2. They did not and have not done so. I think bc they view Pitt as the #1 and fine with it.

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For about the last 6-7 weeks I’ve had seriously terrible sciatic pain.   Lower back, hips, down the right leg.   And no position standing, sitting or laying down gives me any relief.   So I get maybe 2-3 hours of sleep,  2-3 times every 24 hours,  and I only fall asleep when my exhaustion exceeds my pain.   It’s been truly miserable.  

Coincidentally, today is the first day I’ve felt a little better.  So I’m hoping the worst is behind me.   You’re kind to ask….   

Oh that sucks man. I’ve delt with that before and my dad has delt with it multiple times. 

Hope it gets better soon! 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

This report, (7 days ago) has the Brown, Patriots and Panthers as most likely to land Jeudy.

What's the purpose to post a "report" from 7 days ago?  Doesn't even look like they were named "most likely to land" spots(just Browns guys speculating). Tweet tag says "Best Fits" Tweet didn't mention any of those teams that they stated.

Here is the tweet they referenced for their "report":

Here is the link to the article in the tweet.

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/afc-west/jerry-jeudy-trade-rumors-landing-spots/

Only team mentioned in the article of the 3 mentioned by them in their video was the Panthers.

Sorry, just saw no need to post something from a week ago in the first place, then when I looked into it, it just seemed even more obsolete.

15 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-report-broncos-are-close-to-trading-wr-jerry-jeudy-to-another-afc-team/ar-AA1ixh7e

What are the Denver Broncos asking for Jerry Jeudy?

Multiple reports suggest that the Denver Broncos are seeking at least a second-round pick in exchange for Jerry Jeudy. The Colts are reportedly open to this proposal, but both sides will need to engage in negotiations to ensure the best possible terms for this deal.

While the Broncos used their 2020 15th overall pick to draft Jerry Jeudy, they understand that they won’t receive a first-round selection in return. Nevertheless, because Jeudy is still regarded as a top-tier receiver by many executives, the request for a second-round pick does seem reasonable.

I hope this is wrong. A 2nd for Jeudy? Lol. Giving them that would be a fireable offense. 

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

The fact that they drafted Pierce in round 2 should tell you somewhat what they think of Pittman. If they wanted to replace or improve upon Pittman then they would have got a more dynamic athlete who was good enough to be a #1 and have Pitt be the #2. They did not and have not done so. I think bc they view Pitt as the #1 and fine with it.

Why haven't they locked Pittman up to a new contract, if they view him as the team''s true WR1? 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Peter Nova said:

Have a nice day!

Yes Peter.  For many of these posters on here, discussing football is very personal.  Very wierdly personal.  Cringy. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, w87r said:

What's the purpose to post a "report" from 7 days ago?  Doesn't even look like they were named "most likely to land" spots(just Browns guys speculating). Tweet tag says "Best Fits" Tweet didn't mention any of those teams that they stated.

Here is the tweet they referenced for their "report":

Here is the link to the article in the tweet.

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/afc-west/jerry-jeudy-trade-rumors-landing-spots/

Only team mentioned in the article of the 3 mentioned by them in their video was the Panthers.

Sorry, just saw no need to post something from a week ago in the first place, then when I looked into it, it just seemed even more obsolete.

My reason for posting it is, everyone is assuming the Colts are the team who will get Jeudy. But apparently there is interest elsewhere. even though its a week old, does not mean that other teams are no longer in the hunt.

I saw the video and posted it. Did not feel the need to dive deeply into it and research how valid the claim is. Just take it for what it is, another rumor.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

If we were really looking for a #1 receiver we would have never drafted Pierce. I think they are fine with Pittman as the #1

I’m sorry but Pittman is not a number 1 WR,if Ballard thinks he is,then I have even less confidence in him ever getting us back to the Superbowl.

https://www.sportsline.com/nfl/news/broncos-jerry-jeudy-nfl-trade-odds-colts-bills-49ers-chiefs-favored-to-acquire-receiver-in-expected-denver-fire-sale/

JERRY JEUDY NFL TRADE ODDS: COLTS, BILLS, 49ERS, CHIEFS FAVORED TO ACQUIRE RECEIVER

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Which team will Jerry Jeudy be playing for after the Oct. 31 trade deadline (if not the Broncos)?

Colts +400

Bills +450

49ers +500

Chiefs +600

Giants +700

Titans +700

Patriots +800

Texans +800

Lions +900

Panthers +1000

1 hour ago, Peter Nova said:

Why haven't they locked Pittman up to a new contract, if they view him as the team''s true WR1? 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

And someone could say, why would we. Can't we negotiate after the season?

Can't we tag him, then negotiate. He had things still to prove.

Who would Ballard/Steichen rather have long term? Pittman or Jeudy? We could trade a 2nd for Jeudy, have him for the rest of this season to figure him out, and for next season for $13M.

And/or sign Pittman long term, or trade Pittman now for who knows what.

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

And someone could say, why would we. Can't we negotiate after the season?

Can't we tag him, then negotiate. He had things still to prove.

They resigned JT, so why would they risk losing their WR1 in Pittman? A poster stated the Colts view him as a WR1, and must highly believe in him. :facepalm:

52 minutes ago, Coltsbluefan said:

I’m sorry but Pittman is not a number 1 WR,if Ballard thinks he is,then I have even less confidence in him ever getting us back to the Superbowl.

No one cares about your opinion. Look at what they've actually done. Pierce was taken with a high Second round pick and even then you knew from the moment he was drafted he wasn't being brought in to replace Pittman. He was brought in to be the #2 receiver. I'm telling you they see Pittman as the #1.  They've done nothing that hints they want Pittman to be a sidekick.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

No one cares about your opinion. Look at what they've actually done. Pierce was taken with a high Second round pick and even then you knew from the moment he was drafted he wasn't being brought in to replace Pittman. He was brought in to be the #2 receiver. I'm telling you they see Pittman as the #1.  They've done nothing that hints they want Pittman to be a sidekick.

We need a true number 1 in the first next year. Pittman  is a number 2 pierce is a 3 or 4 currently.

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We need a true number 1 in the first next year. Pittman  is a number 2 pierce is a 3 or 4 currently.

Sadly picking a WR in the first round doesn’t guarantee you get one.  That’s where Jeudy was picked at 15 when he was drafted.  If Ballard wants to trade for him now I will give him the benefit of the doubt.  If he shows enough this year I would bet Ballard uses our 1st on a CB. 

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I don't think that's how they see it.  I think that's how we see it as fans. And it will be confirmed once they resign Pittman.  I expect them to do that knowing Ballard.

The debate on whether Pittman is a #1 or a #2 has become old.  Who cares really.  Part of the reason it’s debatable is the carousel of QB’s that he’s had to play with as a Colt.  What is Pittman?  Pittman is a good football player and good football players get paid. Number 1’s and good number 2’s get paid and paid well.  The Colts will offer him a deal and if they can’t reach a deal he most likely gets tagged. He’s going to get at least as much as Christian Kirk whether it be with the Colts or somewhere else. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

The debate on whether Pittman is a #1 or a #2 has become old.  Who cares really.  Part of the reason it’s debatable is the carousel of QB’s that he’s had to play with as a Colt.  What is Pittman?  Pittman is a good football player and good football players get paid. Number 1’s and good number 2’s get paid and paid well.  The Colts will offer him a deal and if they can’t reach a deal he most likely gets tagged. He’s going to get at least as much as Christian Kirk whether it be with the Colts or somewhere else. 

Exactly he’s going to get paid roughly the same whatever label you put on him.  Also, however the Colts see him isn’t going to stop them from trying to improve the WR room if that opportunity comes along.  So call him what you want.  It doesn’t matter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Not a post goes by that someone can't resist a way to knock Ballard.

When Ballard can prove himself to be a winning GM, then the hate will stop. He has a losing record, hasn't won a playoff game since 2018, and took until this year to finally draft a franchise QB (that may or may not hit, not a guarantee yet). Maybe if he was more aggressive in building the team in FA and trades people would feel different, but besides drafting Richardson (who we won't see until next year and a somewhat better overall team (which took 7 years), we're not that much closer to winning anything since Ballard became the GM while many other teams have drafted their franchise QB and are contenders year in and year out). 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

People used to hate on Polian all the time. It comes with the job.  Not saying it’s right or wrong but it’s part of it.

I bet most of us would love those Polian days when he’d have the skill positions and pass rusher positions covered for the team, he was probably a step ahead of this current passing league if you ask me.

However, even he would tell you Peyton made him look real good, like Luck made Grigson temporarily look good. 

The AFC is stacked now, like it was in the Polian days, and unless Ballard does everything he can to give his QB the tools, he’ll join the “also a swing and a miss” club of GMs that built solid teams that couldn’t be put over the edge, IMO.

Heck, I’d take a division title for starters. :) 

Granted, Peyton and Luck were generational QBs but GMs have knocked enough on the door with the right moves with the Big Bens and Matt Staffords and Joe Flaccos and Jimmy Gs of the world.

• Like 4

On 10/19/2023 at 9:04 PM, NewColtsFan said:

For about the last 6-7 weeks I’ve had seriously terrible sciatic pain.   Lower back, hips, down the right leg.   And no position standing, sitting or laying down gives me any relief.   So I get maybe 2-3 hours of sleep,  2-3 times every 24 hours,  and I only fall asleep when my exhaustion exceeds my pain.   It’s been truly miserable.  

Coincidentally, today is the first day I’ve felt a little better.  So I’m hoping the worst is behind me.   You’re kind to ask….   

That sucks man.  Pain sucks.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2023 at 8:04 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Hope everything goes ok for you. My parents are around your age and my mom has sciatic pain. She's felt the way you mentioned at times. Hopefully it's just temporary and you'll be ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I don’t think they’d tag Pittman.  The number would be close to 30 mill wouldn't it?

anyone know what the WR tag is now?  Calling @Superman

3 hours ago, w87r said:

Franchise Tag projected to be $22,917,000

Transition Tag(RoFR) projected to be $20,520,000

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders

Oh I thought it would be higher than that.  How is it calculated?  I thought it’s like an average of the top few salaries.

EDIT: so I see that it’s an average of the top 5 salaries.  I thought it would be closer to 30.  I guess there are only a couple of those bigger salaries.

4 hours ago, w87r said:

Franchise Tag projected to be $22,917,000

Transition Tag(RoFR) projected to be $20,520,000

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders

It’s obviously more complex than top 5 salary per year average because the 5th highest salary is 24 mill which would obviously not make it possible that 22.9 would be the average with 4 higher salaries than 24.

do you know how it works in language for dummies like me?  I’m guessing there is bonus  type of complexity.

Looking at the numbers 24, 25, 27, 28, and 30 as the top 5 average salaries, the average would be around 27.

23 hours ago, Peter Nova said:

Have a nice day!

Could you be so kind as to search for the top nfl wr list for 2023, and give us your head count regarding how many sure fire #1 wr's there are in the NFL.

I put the number about 11-12. 

Like you I want one.

Devante Adam's is extremely good.

Check his numbers for his first 4 seasons with Roger's.

Match a "true #1" with a true #1 QB and your path to  the playoffs, and perhaps a Conference Championship game is more likely. 

What we desperately need is a really good TE to attack the middle of the zone. Pierce and Pittman's stories are still unwritten.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

It’s obviously more complex than top 5 salary per year average because the 5th highest salary is 24 mill which would obviously not make it possible that 22.9 would be the average with 4 higher salaries than 24.

do you know how it works in language for dummies like me?  I’m guessing there is bonus  type of complexity.

Looking at the numbers 24, 25, 27, 28, and 30 as the top 5 average salaries, the average would be around 27.

It's average of top 5 salaries over the last 5 years then some other math.

• Thanks 1