Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson to IR

Old Colt

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I think we lose to saints. We may be able to beat browns as they don't have chubb and will be coming off physical  49ers match up

Watson has been struggling all season as well. Browns come here; we can definitely win that one. Browns, Panthers, and Pats could all be wins. I bet we are favored in all those games.

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I think we lose to saints. We may be able to beat browns as they don't have chubb and will be coming off physical  49ers match up

The Browns, their defensive pressure like the Saints, is what is a bad matchup for us. Offensively they may score only about 20 points but defensively, they may restrict us to the teens. Statistically, they are one of the top Ds in the league, the Browns.

EVERY game on the upcoming schedule is winnable!!

Creative game planning - mistake free football - limited penalties - outstanding play in the trenches - and - a break or two in each game will make the difference for our team.

Would love to see 4 - 1  - BUT -  I think 3 -2 is more realistic!!

1 hour ago, JMichael557 said:

Minshew has tried being a full-time starter before and he has failed.

The same can be said about Geno Smith, and well he got a 2nd chance and is now a starter in this league after being written off before.  Not saying it will happen to minshew, but you never know.

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Was Luck a failure when he was 1-4?

He had already taken us to an AFCCG by then, so he had credibility in a year coming back from injury in 2018, though we started 1-4. Peyton, when he threw 6 picks vs Chargers in 2007 regular season game, had won us so many games at the highest level. What you do prior to your worst moments matter for credibility.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He had already taken us to an AFCCG by then, so he had credibility in a year coming back from injury in 2018, though we started 1-4. Peyton, when he threw 6 picks vs Chargers in 2007 regular season game, had won us so many games at the highest level. What you do prior to your worst moments matter for credibility.

So you were a big fan of Nick Foles as a backup last year. After all, he won a Super Bowl.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Who should the Colts have as their backup?

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

So you were a big fan of Nick Foles as a backup last year. After all, he won a Super Bowl.

How many seasons was Nick Foles a starter? He caught lightning in a bottle for a few games but was rarely a starter for an entire season. Apples to Oranges comparison with Luck or Peyton, w.r.t body of work.

Backup, yes, we weren't going to win much after Matt Ryan was benched, and he deserved the benefit of doubt just as much as any other backup. But the situation is not comparable to Luck's body of work or how folks viewed him when we were 1-4 with him.

5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Who should the Colts have as their backup?

Minshew is fine, he deserves a chance as much as any other backup. 

I don't agree with Stephen using the 1-3 as backup record whatsoever for a case against Minshew. But I also don't agree with your Luck retort either because they aren't the same, apples and oranges.

15 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Was Luck a failure when he was 1-4? He's pretty much 3-0 this year too but I'm sure that doesn't count.

He is 1-0 as starter don't think they give Richardson  or minshew the credit for the other two wins, but not sure how that works. We can win with minshew  but rest of team has to all show up similar  to purdy with 49ers

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Minshew is fine, he deserves a chance as much as any other backup. 

I don't agree with Stephen using the 1-3 as backup record whatsoever for a case against Minshew. But I also don't agree with your Luck retort either because they aren't the same, apples and oranges.

While minshew was the backup  to hurts last year when hurts got hurt he was the starter for 4 games and lost three two to the cowboys  one to the saints. The team he beat was the jets. Now we can debate about whether the eagles defense  was bad in the three games they lost, but minshew did turn football  over in those games and had a lower completion percentage  than he currently  has with the Colts. So I guess you can say Minshew  is playing  at a higher level this year than he did last year.

Just now, Stephen said:

While minshew was the backup  to hurts last year when hurts got hurt he was the starter for 4 games and lost three two to the cowboys  one to the saints. The team he beat was the jets. Now we can debate about whether the eagles defense  was bad in the three games they lost, but minshew did turn football  over in those games and had a lower completion percentage  than he currently  has with the Colts. So I guess you can say Minshew  is playing  at a higher level this year than he did last year.

Again, lost in all this shuffle is how well Steichen has adapted to the strengths of his QBs to maximize them. We need to give credit to our HC as to how he has kept the floor high with both QBs. That is why I voted our chances for winning are about the same because of Steichen.

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Again, lost in all this shuffle is how well Steichen has adapted to the strengths of his QBs to maximize them. We need to give credit to our HC as to how he has kept the floor high with both QBs. That is why I voted our chances for winning are about the same because of Steichen.

Yea chances of winning are about the same because minshew is accurate  passer. It's  the deep plays that may suffer.

I think they'll actually be more consistent and probably win more games with Minshew, but that's not the point.  If you draft a QB #4, he needs to get game action, especially this particular QB.  By the time he returns in 2023, I'm guessing he will have missed a majority of the season.

As far as whether they're worse or not with Minshew, you could make an argument Richardson hasn't won a game yet.  He had opportunities to win the Jacksonville and LA games at the end, and didn't.

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Minshew probably has a better team around him then when he was in Jacksonville. Plus he was a rookie. He put up a lot of points when he filled in with eagles last year.

We have an actual run game now Dion Jackson did nothing.

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

We drafted a guy and we’re still riding the carousel…

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d71d5520c7dca66c2b48

Welcome to what all teams searching for their franchise QB go through. Just had been spoiled for 20 years with Peyton and Luck though it was complicated by the band-aid approach for another 5 years by Colts management.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Have they said anything about when they expect Richardson back? I understand that he is out at least 4 weeks because of the IR but any news on the timeline beyond that? 

It  doesn't sound good . Like I said when I saw him leaving the field, I said he was done.  I guess we will see how much talent is on this team. People blamed qbing and coaching last year. Well we have an new coach and most people feel Minshew is  competent . I think we r for a rough patch