Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Titans postgame thread

AwesomeAustin

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Kind of boring?! Are you insane?! How in the hell was that game boring in any definition of the word

Amen brother,, boring i think not.. as a matter of fact MR Minchew gives me a little confidence.. Is he AR no,, but this team seems to win with him.. and like they say in the big league a win is a win...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

We can scratch your words, but one can see that he IS headed to his 1st Pro Bowl and perhaps more. Franklin has upped his game thanks to last year's experience and he is making really good plays at the highest volume. 

He has surprised the heck out of me.

the pro bowl sucks

I’m certainly not gaining any confidence in Richardson to this point merely because he can’t stay healthy. It’s a disappointment to see because he does have big potential…but if he can’t stay healthy and on the field he may very well develop bad habits and flush his potential on the field away.

I think he needs to take a lesson from Reggie Wayne on “how to get down”. I can’t recall a smarter player on the field who avoided more hits than Wayne.

Dang good thing we have a solid backup…without a good backup we very well could be almost winless.

3 hours ago, Ryan43 said:

it’s most definitely the weight of the Titan player driving it into the ground. Hell, if they were playing in sand it probably would have had the same outcome.

i agree though, how long before he’s tired of the injuries?

Right after he signs his next contract.

AR just needs to slide more often imho. Play like a QB that can run, and only take a hit when necessary in order to lower the chances of injury. His injury was on a 1st and 10 play somewhere around the Colts 30 yd line. He could of slid and gotten 1-2 yd gain instead of the hit he took in an attempt to gain two more yards.

He definitely should continue running no matter what though. AR has the arm and pocket mobility to be a great pocket passer eventually, but he is already an elite talent running the ball. If it turns out he just can't take hits at the rate of his first 5 games, then we will have to see where a less mobile pocket AR can do. But for now, you gotta use the legs and hope he learns how to take less hits when it's unnecessary.

Winning the turnover battle weekly is so critical for this team! Will be heading to the game in Jacksonville. Time to end the streak of losses at Duuuuvallll! I hope Mo is ok, getting Mallory and his speed on the field is going to open this offense up even more! So happy we beat up Vrabel’s tough bunch. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

well for better or for worse he’d get a lot of practice throwing that’s for sure. Still scramble, but he’s been hurt more than once on the designed run. 

To be honest, I’d rather him not hit the ground and hit a player so that the process of going to the ground is rarely pile driven and more natural.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Winning the turnover battle weekly is so critical for this team! Will be heading to the game in Jacksonville. Time to end the streak of losses at Duuuuvallll! I hope Mo is ok, getting Mallory and his speed on the field is going to open this offense up even more! So happy we beat up Vrabel’s tough bunch. 

Getting them after two weeks in London should be interesting if nothing else.

5 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m going to say it’s bad luck. If Richardson had been tackled any other way, I think he would have been okay. 

I tend to agree, however there are going to be weird tackles and falls ever game. He seems to get hurt if the defender hits him unexpectedly... seems like it might be a little bit of both bad luck and a little on the fragile side.

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kind of a boring game after Richardson went out. But Minshew held it down. Have to get touchdowns and not field goals. Texans lost so next week is for first place.

Downs is our new Hilton. He is found to be great on deep balls. Almost 100 yards this game. 

Moss was fun to watch today.

Not even going to get into Richardson. So tired of being QB jinxed. It is what it is I guess. Just go down and stop taking bad hits.

Not sure what game you were watching.  I was at the stadium and there was nothing boring about this game.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just had DoorDash deliver me some King Ribs. I got Ribs with Barbecue Sauce, Baked Beans, and Mac n Cheese with a couple of rolls. I am enjoying my victory dinner, drinking me a glass of Crown Royal on the rocks. I think it is beyond hilarious that we are 3-2 and many had us picked to only win 3 games. Homer Simpson Eating GIF

I'm happy we are 3-2, I'm just frustrated about Richardson and him repeatedly getting hurt. However, this was a fun game to watch. Moss killed it, Downs is breaking out, and both Richardson and Minshew looked good. So I'm going to be happy about having a winning record for now, and worry about Richardson later.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm happy we are 3-2, I'm just frustrated about Richardson and him repeatedly getting hurt. However, this was a fun game to watch. Moss killed it, Downs is breaking out, and both Richardson and Minshew looked good. So I'm going to be happy about having a winning record for now, and worry about Richardson later.

Of course, we are all concerned about AR. He may not even play next week but the injury doesn't sound as bad as it did. I thought he may have broke his Collar Bone. 

• Like 2

Compared to last season, this season has been a lot better so far, good and exciting. The team is better mainly because of coaching. I like the way the players are responding to Shane. Also Mustache fits Shane's offense really well. AR does as well. I am not sure how anyone can stop our running game with Moss and Taylor. All we have to do is keep defenses honest with a couple of big pass plays here and there and we should pile up the rushing yards.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Finding it hard to be excited about a win. Hopefully it’s not bad.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Finding it hard to be excited about a win. Hopefully it’s not bad.

I understand. Hopefully the injury isn't too serious. The positives are we have Taylor back, Moss looked great Vs a tough run defense, and Minshew and Richardson both looked good today. Also Josh Downs. It's frustrating seeing Richardson repeatedly get hurt, but at least Minshew can hold down the fort for us. Just need to keep it going.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Tyquan Lewis had 3 quarterback hits today and a pass break up.

When Tannehill plays us, he usually looks like Joe Montana carving us up with his dinks and dunks for some reason. He also usually has his 1 Michael Vick run which he did today. It is comical but we finally beat him and his coach. Huge key was, we held them to FG's mainly when they got into the RedZone and the big 4th down stop at the end where they got 0 points. How many times does Henry get stopped on 4th and 1, it rarely happens.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, colts89 said:

AR just needs to slide more often imho. Play like a QB that can run, and only take a hit when necessary in order to lower the chances of injury. His injury was on a 1st and 10 play somewhere around the Colts 30 yd line. He could of slid and gotten 1-2 yd gain instead of the hit he took in an attempt to gain two more yards.

He definitely should continue running no matter what though. AR has the arm and pocket mobility to be a great pocket passer eventually, but he is already an elite talent running the ball. If it turns out he just can't take hits at the rate of his first 5 games, then we will have to see where a less mobile pocket AR can do. But for now, you gotta use the legs and hope he learns how to take less hits when it's unnecessary.

The Colts can design fewer run plays for AR and be just fine. His scrambling ability is what sets him apart IMO. He throws darts on the run and can also improvise with his speed when the play breaks down. That’s where he can be special. So if they have to run fewer RPOs to keep AR healthy, so what? He can still beat you with his arm and feet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Hoose said:

The Colts can design fewer run plays for AR and be just fine. His scrambling ability is what sets him apart IMO. He throws darts on the run and can also improvise with his speed when the play breaks down. That’s where he can be special. So if they have to run fewer RPOs to keep AR healthy, so what? He can still beat you with his arm and feet. 

He wasn’t even running that much today. Think that aaa only his second designed run.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I understand. Hopefully the injury isn't too serious. The positives are we have Taylor back, Moss looked great Vs a tough run defense, and Minshew and Richardson both looked good today. Also Josh Downs. It's frustrating seeing Richardson repeatedly get hurt, but at least Minshew can hold down the fort for us. Just need to keep it going.

I am not going to sugar coat it, AR getting injured every other game is bothersome. I was deflated when he went out but got over it pretty quickly once we won. It is too early to tell though if this will be an ongoing thing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He wasn’t even running that much today. Think that aaa only his second designed run.

But it was a designed run for him where he was injured.  I’m simply saying that those plays can be dumped if necessary to keep him healthy and he’ll still be able to impact the game with his speed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What this teams needs most to take next step. Richardson needs to remain healthy and we need a man corner and a wr who can separate and go deep. 

A man corner?    I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for that to happen.   A zone corner who can also play man is probably the best you can hope for.    Gilmore is as close as the Colts have had that you want.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A man corner?    I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for that to happen.   A zone corner who can also play man is probably the best you can hope for.    Gilmore is as close as the Colts have had that you want.  

Gilmore may have wished he stayed here after the way the 49ers are demolishing Dallas lmao 

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

We traded away a top notch corner for a compensatory 5th to the Cowboys. 

Because he didn’t want to be part of a rebuild.  That wasn’t a situation like Taylor that could be fixed with a new contract.  Colts took the best offer they could get.  If Ballard had a better offer out there I am sure he would have taken it.