Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Then he will play for the Colts this year

I think the Colts have painted him into the corner. Let's just say he wants 15 million a year.  Now he goes out there and a team offers at the most a 3rd or 4th  round pick. How does Taylor and his agent come back to the Colts and continue to say he is worth 15 million? By him seeking a trade, I think it is even further diminishing his value.

If there are no takers, will JT play for the Colts? I think he like Steeler's Leveon Bell will just sit out till the cows come home. Unfortunately, he stands to lose game checks going forward. One thing that will further work against him is that a "no" taker situation further leads teams to believe that his injury is worse than we imagine.

• Like 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I think the Colts have painted him into the corner. Let's just say he wants 15 million a year.  Now he goes out there and a team offers at the most a 3rd or 4th  round pick. How does Taylor and his agent come back to the Colts and continue to say he is worth 15 million? By him seeking a trade, I think it is even further diminishing his value.

That's the point Charlie Sheen Applause GIF

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

If there are no takers, will JT play for the Colts? I think he like Steeler's Leveon Bell will just sit out till the cows come home. Unfortunately, he stands to lose game checks going forward. One thing that will further work against him is that a "no" taker situation further leads teams to believe that his injury is worse than we imagine.

It ruined Bell's career, if he or anyone can't learn from that, than that is on them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It ruined Bell's career, if he or anyone can't learn from that, than that is on them. 

Great post!    Couldn’t have said it any better.   And Bell freely admits he handled his business wrongly and hurt himself in doing so.    

Props to you!    :worthy:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Chubb is 28. They could have an elite committee for 2 years, and Watson is young. 

The $13 million is entirely for 2023 as well. So they are targeting someone this year.

I doubt they go after Taylor because as Jvan said they have Chub. They may be freeing up space just to add depth, hard telling.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I doubt they go after Taylor because as Jvan said they have Chub. They may be freeing up space just to add depth, hard telling.

It's a bold prediction, but there could be a case made for it with what I mentioned. 

I'm guessing there's more teams involved than we think in trade talks.

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

It's a bold prediction, but there could be a case made for it with what I mentioned. 

I'm guessing there's more teams involved than we think in trade talks.

Chubb is 28 and Taylor is only 24. I am sure a lot of GM's/teams would love to have Taylor but would they pay him what he wants and will they give us a great deal?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I wonder if the Colts would ever consider the AFC or like Polian trading Faulk that it has to be an NFC team

Teams with multiple 3rd rounders in 2024 draft - Cardinals, Falcons, Lions, Seahawks 

I doubt any of the teams vying for a supposedly can't miss QB prospect (Williams -USC) in next year's draft ,will be willing to give up draft capital for a RB.

• Like 2

I rather see a team that is moving in the same direction versus having a super star that is disgruntled and ruin the locker room. If JT remains he will have to prove to me that he really wants to help the team. Personally, I don't see it happening and he may even get AR hurt by not blocking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Oh trust me, I know. It's not going to happen. Right now, a starting RG is probably worth more to a team than a luxury running back. 

I will be shocked if anyone trades for JT and gives him the money he wants so badly. 

He will not get the money he wants.  That’s a given.  He will have to negotiate that part.  The agent will take care of that.  I will not be shocked if he’s traded and we get the compensation we reportedly are looking for though.

3 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

I rather see a team that is moving in the same direction versus having a super star that is disgruntled and ruin the locker room. If JT remains he will have to prove to me that he really wants to help the team. Personally, I don't see it happening and he may even get AR hurt by not blocking. 

If he doesn't block for AR then the league sees him as a poor blocking back = lessens his value for his next contract.

As I see it, if there are no takers for Taylor before cut-down, JT's only move is to 1) suit up and play or 2) sit out.  If he sits out he's still considered damaged goods since no one knows if the ankle is healthy or not?

• Like 2

I'm wondering if, after JT finds out he's not as valuable as he thinks he is, he decides to take the best offerand move on from the Colts just to get away?  Of course the other team would have to give the Colts a great deal as well, but let's assume that that happens.  Would JT be willing to give up a bit of money for a prove it year?  I would think he would be able to make more money by being tagged??

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

So far , yes you are.    He hasn't been traded.   I have a hard time believing he will be able to find a deal the Colts are interested in

Sure, but it is a reasonable position to take.  

On this, I tend to think JT has no other options and must play here. 

That said it only takes one team to get a deal done.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

So far , yes you are.    He hasn't been traded.   I have a hard time believing he will be able to find a deal the Colts are interested in

And technically Moose is not wrong Jvan.  

So far JT hasn't ever played for the Colts again.

9 minutes ago, Nickster said:

or not.  

I tend to think he will end up playing for the Colts but your logic is badly flawed.  Badly flawed. 

No not really.    If he isn't traded, he will be playing here. 

12 minutes ago, Nickster said:

And technically Moose is not wrong Jvan.  

So far JT hasn't ever played for the Colts again.

You must have missed the part where I said "so far"

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Chubb is 28. They could have an elite committee for 2 years, and Watson is young. 

The $13 million is entirely for 2023 as well. So they are targeting someone this year.

Your right It makes sense for the browns to do so BUT I THINK if JT gets traded, it will be to one of the leagues(and networks/advertisers) teams they prefer....and the Browns historically don't fall in that category. 

Since the Pats, Jets already acquired their RBs I will have to guess Miami, KC, Denver. Buffalo makes a lot of sense but I don't think the bills are one of the leagues currently desired teams. 

Whatever, it looks like the colts may again get the short end. Lol

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

I have yet to observe his intellectual, or physical commitment to being a good blocker. I want the moon, but a 3rd and a 5th would sate me.

22 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is a great thread by Zach that summarizes the situation much better than you would ever hear from any of the national media talking heads, who have decided that "Irsay bad" is the best they can do with this one or with anything negative happening around the Colts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is a great thread by Zach that summarizes the situation much better than you would ever hear from any of the national media talking heads, who have decided that "Irsay bad" is the best they can do with this one or with anything negative happening around the Colts. 

National media just wants the most exciting story.  That’s why I ignore them beyond guys who are more or less “beat writers” or listen to someone like Dan Patrick who is at least honest enough to say he just pulls for the best stories so he has something to talk about.

46 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I have yet to observe his intellectual, or physical commitment to being a good blocker. I want the moon, but a 3rd and a 5th would sate me.

It's neither one of those things.  JT doesn't have great lateral quickness.  That is the key to pass pro for an RB.  It doesn't matter how much he works on it, it's always going to be deficiency.  Henry isn't very good at it for the same reason.  Lack of lateral quickness. 

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I see all the media pundits are getting their cheap shots at the Colts and Irsay. Cowherd is one of them....what a clown that dude is. Mr. Flip flop himself.

Well you cannot blame them. Factor in last year and this year how Irsay said he is not trading and then only 2 weeks later, Taylor is on the block. Irsay needs to go away and say nothing. I was hoping that Irsay learned his lesson from last year and would stay hidden. I am a little concerned about Irsay's influence in making decisions behind the scenes. I said it a week ago that this remind me of Wentz and Irsay would not tolerate the moping on field nd would want him gone

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well you cannot blame them. Factor in last year and this year how Irsay said he is not trading and then only 2 weeks later, Taylor is on the block. Irsay needs to go away and say nothing. I was hoping that Irsay learned his lesson from last year and would stay hidden. I am a little concerned about Irsay's influence in making decisions behind the scenes. I said it a week ago that this remind me of Wentz and Irsay would not tolerate the moping on field nd would want him gone

Irsay is not going away and he is not shutting up no matter your opinion.  

Nor should he imo.