Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson is ranked 32nd in competion rate

indyagent17

The chicken or the egg?  Which is it now, the QB is good but the receivers suck.   I thought we had a great WR room, making "Frank's" QBs even better than they were.  Now its the other way around, LOL.

To have some consistent data, what is Minshew's completion percentage with the same group?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No he hasn’t. Him and Pittman are the exact same player.

more body control, better hands, better jumper, keeps his eyes on the ball and a tad faster. I am not saying that Higgins has elite traits but he is very good at the things that make him a good receiver. He can jump through  the roof and has excellent body control. Pittman is a tough possession receiver who has trouble separating. He is okay, but if they are on the open market, its Higgins. I will make this bet with you. If both are healthy and hit the open market, I bet Higgins gets the better contract of the two and is more sought after

22 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I think this is key, 

Joe Burrow got Chase and it increased his completion by 5% the following year 

Josh Allen got Diggs and that year his completion increased by 10.4%

Just by giving him a player that can consistently get open and make plays will help his development and help other WRs get open.

Hurts jumped with AJ Brown too IIRC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Tee Higgins maybe worth it for this team to pay out. I am always skeptical of  number 2 who plays behind a true number 1 such as Chase. How much of their success is because the number one corner is always playing Chase? That being said, Higgins  flourished when Chase was hurt. It may finally be time for Ballard to pull out the check book. This team has not drafted any wrs in Ballard's era worth talking about. Its time to go big game hunting.  If you cannot draft and/or develop them, then you guy buy yourself one.

If Pittman is not considered a true #1 then Higgins sure isn't the level of ceiling lifter that'll do it. 

It'd have to be a truly elite guy. 

Wr drops are subjective and every team has them. Richardson might be a top qb, but he isn’t yet. You only get there if you beat teams with your arm, not your legs. Hopefully he gets there. The constant excuses about bad receivers and drops are just an excuse for subpar qb play. How many times has an average receiver go to a team with a top qb and all of a sudden becomes so much better? Or a top receiver goes to a team without a top qb and isn’t very good any more.

receivers not getting open could be the routs, qb checking into the right play, qb being able to throw a receiver open, or other factors. It’s not necessarily all on the reciever.

4 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I found this a bit shocking but most pundits said he is very inaccurate however we had a few drops and players not getting open.

He still needs to learn when to zip it and when to use touch

Richardson has following completion % 

Week 1 - 64.9

Week 2 - 60

Week 3 - 44

One bad week doesn't mean much and the reason might not be all on him, some games are going to be like that. If the third game becomes the usual norm, then there could be concerns but considering other weekly performances, it's probably an outlier. 

15 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Richardson has following completion % 

Week 1 - 64.9

Week 2 - 60

Week 3 - 44

One bad week doesn't mean much and the reason might not be all on him, some games are going to be like that. If the third game becomes the usual norm, then there could be concerns but considering other weekly performances, it's probably an outlier. 

I wouldn't judge him to hard with regards to completion percentage. He didn't practice all week, and  he was out of rythym.

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

That's a anomaly and there were other factors then just Luck throwing 54%. Stats dont always tell the story. I bet if Richardson throws %55, they don't win 11 games

Ryan was accurate...I think I'd rather watch AR than him. No, wait, I know I'd rather watch AR than him.

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

If Pittman is not considered a true #1 then Higgins sure isn't the level of ceiling lifter that'll do it. 

It'd have to be a truly elite guy. 

I'd rather have davonta adams than Higgins. Adam's rout running is much better. Higgins  would be like having two pittmans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He practiced but he did moss practice the week before and the game so it very well could of affected him in ways a vet wouldn’t of been.

I think what he meant is he missed a week of practice in between and that might have affected the rhythm.

Anyway, it's a small sample size of 1 bad game out of a small sample size of total 3 games.

Nothing is lost, the bigger picture is important - his development, growth, comfortability in facing many different types of NFL defenses along with progressing in his efficiency. 

8 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think what he meant is he missed a week of practice in between and that might have affected the rhythm.

Anyway, it's a small sample size of 1 bad game out of a small sample size of total 3 games.

Nothing is lost, the bigger picture is important - his development, growth, comfortability in facing many different types of NFL defenses along with progressing in his efficiency. 

Wasn’t even a bad game. It was one half and his second half was sensational. Stephen holder said today that was his coming out party.

He’s completion percentage has to be at 65 or above. Drops are one thing. Touch and foot placement are an issue. You will see him put way too much on a pass when there is no need. That’s why you’ll see ball flying over players heads. Feet in the direction you want to throw. He wasn’t under center a lot at Florida. These can be fixed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I wouldn't judge him to hard with regards to completion percentage. He didn't practice all week, and  he was out of rythym.

Yeah, it could also be that our outside guys don’t make teams pay for blitzing and forcing 1-on-1s, so Ravens blitzed him like crazy (and we returned the favor), leading to his lowest completion percentage knowing he couldn’t thread the needle for tough 1-on-1 throws. We don’t have breakaway speed, so the QB has to break away :)  Don’t be surprised if the Titans do the same.

JT will really help by being back by putting some fear in gap assignments. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yes it is 3rd down throws when or if a qb shows that he belongs in the league. It keeps the chains moving and a qb cannot always rely on the big play.  Off topic, but hasn't Pierce been a disappointment? Listening to a  pod cast and Venturi is saying the Wrs are getting no separation. I kind of trust him as he is looking at the film. Next year is the year where I actually think Ballard may go Wrs with his 1st 2 picks. I know there are other holes to fill, but it is about developing Richardson and giving him the tools so he doesn't regress;  Dungy always said that. You need to surround the qb with talent or they will fail and that is a D coach talking lol. I doubt they resign Pittman at a staggering price. I know the Wr market is steep but I am not sure Pittman is going to get a lof of attention. He may end up with say 140 catches but he is quite low in terms of yards per catch. To me, he is a possession receiver and a good one but teams tend to over pay for burners . Just a thought

Man, I was so juiced for Pierce. He just leaves too many plays on the field. Pittman is a perfect 2, if CB could just find that complimentary 1. It seems like we have a bunch of TEs … is there a consistent, healthy standout in the mix? 

7 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I found this a bit shocking but most pundits said he is very inaccurate however we had a few drops and players not getting open.

He still needs to learn when to zip it and when to use touch

Andrew Luck his rookie season  had 12 games during  the regular  season  below 60 percent completion.  5 of those games were in the 40s for completion  percentage. He also had 5 passing tds to 4 ints in first three games. With zero rushing tds in first three games. Richardson  has 3 passing tds 1 int 4 rushing tds 1 lost fumble. If anything  he is doing  a better  job at protecting the  football in his first few games than Luck did. His accuracy  will improve  in time, but care more about if he looks like a starting qb,can he win games, can he bring a team back after a bad start. Richardson  has shown that he has the trait of manning, luck,rivers to come back after being down big. This shows the adversity  isn't too big for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, it could also be that our outside guys don’t make teams pay for blitzing and forcing 1-on-1s, so Ravens blitzed him like crazy (and we returned the favor), leading to his lowest completion percentage knowing he couldn’t thread the needle for tough 1-on-1 throws. We don’t have breakaway speed, so the QB has to break away :)  Don’t be surprised if the Titans do the same.

JT will really help by being back by putting some fear in gap assignments. 

rishardson didn’t play in the ravens game.

9 hours ago, Gigc said:

Have you WATCHED him play?

that doesn't excite you. even the dang tiniest bit???? C'mon man

He is very fun to watch. I don't know how a Colts fan could not be happy with what they have seen from him. He is poised. He looks to throw first unless the call is for a designed run. And he is so young. I am so impressed.

There are some who will always complain. I usually don't take their posts seriously. No one should.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, KB said:

Just saw one on Facebook saying he also has the highest percentage of passes dropped by recievers at 15.4%. Per PFF.

Not to go off topic, but the same post had Smith as the 3rd highest rated tackle in week 4. I'm pretty sure after the game there was immediate flak heading Smiths way about needing to be replaced. That seems to be a weekly thing.

In the rams game alone I counted 6 drops.  I’m pretty there were more.  17/24 sounds A LOT better than 11/24.  And we still lost in OT.  ARs stats doesn’t show his greatness on the field.  

• Like 3

I’ve said it and I’ll keep saying it.  These receivers are FAILING AR.  We don’t have a receiver out there that can go and get it.  We don’t have a WR1 talent.  

Love Pittman, but if it isn’t under 9 yards he’s a ghost.  He should’ve had that long TD if the face mask didn’t happen, but through 4 games I’m not impressed.  Some of y’all are, but I’m not.  

Pierce, I thought this dude was going to be catching bombs every game.  But so far he’s caught just ONE.  What a disappointment.

Downs, he’s been solid but not impactful.  He flashes and then defenses double him and that’s that.  But he’s a rookie so he’ll learn to find the open space.  I’m fine with Downs.

Anyone else is not worth mentioning.

The tight end has been surprisingly solid and as discussed in another thread doing better than the receivers.  

9 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Higgins and Pittman are twins. You extend Pittman and see if there is a WR in the draft worthy of that first.pick. After seeing that deep pass to Downs Sunday I think he is going to turn into our TY Hilton. We are not going to pay a WR FA. We will extend Pittman. Then look in the draft. We will then have Pittman, pierce, downs, draft pick for at least two years. That’s when a decision on pierce has to be made. That would be a pretty darn good WR group.

we’re not going to pick high enough to grab a WR1.  If we could then I agree, but the WR group we have right now is not good.  Maybe it will get better, but right now it’s not good.  We have to stop being homers.

On 10/3/2023 at 5:59 PM, Stephen said:

I'd rather have davonta adams than Higgins. Adam's rout running is much better. Higgins  would be like having two pittmans.

Yep there is no reason to have both of those guys on the same team at the same time with the money each will earn. 

On 10/3/2023 at 2:42 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Higgins and Pittman are twins. You extend Pittman and see if there is a WR in the draft worthy of that first.pick. After seeing that deep pass to Downs Sunday I think he is going to turn into our TY Hilton. We are not going to pay a WR FA. We will extend Pittman. Then look in the draft. We will then have Pittman, pierce, downs, draft pick for at least two years. That’s when a decision on pierce has to be made. That would be a pretty darn good WR group.

On 10/3/2023 at 4:11 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Four games into a career, and you’re already poised to pass judgement on the kid.     

And for Richardson, he’s only actually played about two and a half of those games.    That’s it.  

Why you feel the need to make all these snap judgements is a mystery to me.  

Cause he’s a madden expert

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 2:34 AM, smittywerb said:

we’re not going to pick high enough to grab a WR1.  If we could then I agree, but the WR group we have right now is not good.  Maybe it will get better, but right now it’s not good.  We have to stop being homers.

Sure we will. It may not be Marv 2.0 but it’s all about the right guy not the pick number 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Sure we will. It may not be Marv 2.0 but it’s all about the right guy not the pick number 

Worth remembering Marv senior was drafted 19th overall and was the fourth WR taken in his draft.  Wayne was drafted 30th overall and the sixth WR taken in his draft.

• Like 1